Princess Please Read - Elite Suggestion

regnig

Yes. Absolutely.

Princess' Reward Program rocks!

It is what keeps me coming back (along with outstanding itineraries and wonderful ships).

Please do not cut back on elite perks if there is a big influx of new elites. Add a Super Elite category instead.

When both passengers are Elite and sharing a stateroom only the benefits for one apply. While I recognize that most of your benefits could not be doubled the one benefit that could be “upgraded” is the mini-bar set up. QUOTE]

Then why don't single Elite passengers paying double get two mini bars?

I agree with both of you! When two Elites are in a cabin there could be two set ups or an upgraded mini-bar set up. An Elite paying double for single occupancy should receive the same benefit.

P.S. Doug, missed you on our last cruise!

my point way back on page one of this thread was that RCI has much better perks for its return passengers starting on their second cruise.

Posters here are talking about free laundry and minibar set up after cruise #15 but how about cruise #2-14??? Princess's perks are not as good as RCI in this cruise range.

On my last 14 day cruise there were 100+ elite, 300+platinum, 600+ gold and the other 1700 were blue.

...there are way more passengers in the gold and platinum bracket than elite therefore more people enjoying more perks...sounds like a good plan to me.

And if you check the RCI boards, they think their perks are the best too.

Princess past passenger program at the Elite level is very generous. I travel by myself now and rarely require more than the perks that are given to me. On a recent transatlantic cruise of 18 days, I asked for an additional allowance of 1/2 the plan to have enough time to communicate with my family while I was away. The internet connection is so slow, but no such luck. They said NO. I wrote a letter before the cruise to ask and got a (Sorry Charley) letter back. I pay double for the cabin and that was the only time that I asked for anything more, but NO was the answer.

There might be a day when another level is added to Elite, but for now, I don't look for additional perks to be coming our way. Sorry.

Yo Ron and sombeody, myth that RCL offers free booze in VIP lounge? NO MYTH AT ALL. They are great friends we travel with regularly. I just spoke to them today and asked about the VIP lounge. It is open from 12 PM to 9 PM and after 4 PM they have a bartender and appetizers. They are diamond members but said VIP lounge accessible for platinum (only 10 cruises to qualify) and anyone with a suite, in addition to diamond members. I am not certain about laundry or internet but will ask. However, I think the other poster who is arguing RCL has better perks has already said they do offer free laundry?

Yo Ron and sombeody, myth that RCL offers free booze in VIP lounge? NO MYTH AT ALL. They are great friends we travel with regularly. I just spoke to them today and asked about the VIP lounge. It is open from 12 PM to 9 PM and after 4 PM they have a bartender and appetizers. They are diamond members but said VIP lounge accessible for platinum (only 10 cruises to qualify) and anyone with a suite, in addition to diamond members. I am not certain about laundry or internet but will ask. However, I think the other poster who is arguing RCL has better perks has already said they do offer free laundry?
Don't forget to also ask them about the free dry cleaning, 10% off anything in any store or onboard sale, priority tendering and disembarkation, and afternoon tea served in your cabin.

Yes, I will ask them Pam but lets be honest here, do you think they don't get priority embark and disembark when they are diamond? I think that and discount purchases of already ovepriced merchandise is about as basic as it gets. I bet even NCL offers those perks. However, I shall ask.

Forgot to add she said RCL has like 3 member only events for them where they also get free booze including a members-only breakfast and 2 nightly parties. She also said today that they bump others off of tours for them since they get priority excursions.

Hope people don't think I am plugging for RCL here because like I said, I prefer Princess. Just thought if Princess is reading they should know that their customers realize RCL is taking better care of their loyal passengers.

This is from the RCCL website:Diamond Level is after 10 cruises

Diamond-level and above and guests reserved in the Grand Suites or above can now take advantage of the Concierge Club. Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including: con_bulletgray_ico.gif A dedicated Concierge who is available to assist with anything you require con_bulletgray_ico.gif Twenty-four-hour a day use of the Concierge Club Lounge con_bulletgray_ico.gifContinental breakfast every morning† and open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge

Yes, I will ask them Pam but lets be honest here, do you think they don't get priority embark and disembark when they are diamond? I think that and discount purchases of already ovepriced merchandise is about as basic as it gets. I bet even NCL offers those perks. However, I shall ask.
Thanks. I have no idea what an RCI Diamond member would or wouldn't get as I've only taken four RCI cruises and it's unlikely I will again no matter what the supposed perks or incentives are.

What this points out is that one person's idea of perks aren't always another's. A VIP lounge where I could sit and drink all afternoon and evening holds absolutely no appeal to me. Even my Princess mini-bar set-up gets swapped out for tonics and sodas.

Why don't they list the perks like Princess does - their website says nothing about VIP lounge or internet or laundry - and - why is it always a "friend" and not the poster that these facts come from?

Ron

Archived