$3.95 Service Charge for Room Service starting

I was wondering what the difference was (if there is any) between an E1 or E2 balcony stateroom on deck 8? Also, how is the view from the balcony on these, are they obstructed at all? We would prefer to have a decent view, and be able to look down and see water and not a lifeboat or something. Thanks for any help!

Are you sure you posted this in the right place?

I was wondering what the difference was (if there is any) between an E1 or E2 balcony stateroom on deck 8? Also, how is the view from the balcony on these, are they obstructed at all? We would prefer to have a decent view, and be able to look down and see water and not a lifeboat or something. Thanks for any help!

Seriously, the difference between an E-1 or E-2 is location of the ship. Usually your E-2 cabins are in the center of ship. being on deck 8, you should be able to see clearly out to sea!

That is a great point. And a charge for the Adventure Ocean program would be fine too.

An excellent point. It's not fair that all the adult cruisers without kids pay the same fare as those families with kids......Hey, I REALLY like that idea! ;)

My idea would be to charge people to go ashore. I mean docking those ships cost a lot of money. They need to pay the people to put out and operate the gangway, they need a port agent, ..... I could go on and on with that list. In addition people going ashore don´t spend money on the ship. I might not even be interested in that certain port of call, so why should I have to pay for it. Some people might even be cheap enough to not book ship excursions. There needs to be a fee to use the gangway.

Good idea, except we need to modify this to charge persons who don't go ashore for lunch, since those who go ashore won't be eating on the ship. Why should those going ashore have to subsidize your lunch?

An excellent point. It's not fair that all the adult cruisers without kids pay the same fare as those families with kids......Hey, I REALLY like that idea! ;)

Except the kids pay full fare for their cruises too, there is no discount. You should consider the cost for Adventure Ocean to be a trade for the cost of the piano bar and late night comedy.

Good idea, except we need to modify this to charge persons who don't go ashore for lunch, since those who go ashore won't be eating on the ship. Why should those going ashore have to subsidize your lunch?

You have the Choice to stay onboard and get the same free lunch!

Ok, here we go

Extra charges to keep fares low:

1. $15 weekly fee to reserve the use of chair at pool deck.

2. $10 for orchestra seat at shows, $5 for mezzanine, $2 for cheap seats or obstructed views.

3. $5 to go into any lougne/bar with live music with a two drink minimum.

3. $15 for full day of the kiddie stuff - $10 for a half day

4. $5.95 to order seconds under any category at dinner, lunch or breakfast in MDR>

5. $5.95 for seconds in WJ

6. $2 when getting off ship unless on a Ship sponsored tour

7. $2 for use of any pool towels

8. $2 service fee for robes in any cabin.

9. $20 weekly armband to use wave pool, rock climbing wall,putt putt, ice skating rink.

10. $3.95 for any room service delivery

Did I miss anything................

Except the kids pay full fare for their cruises too, there is no discount. You should consider the cost for Adventure Ocean to be a trade for the cost of the piano bar and late night comedy.

I have seen kids at the piano bar, and the Adult Comedy shows! Ever see parents in the Adventure teen club?

Ok, here we go

2. $10 for orchestra seat at shows, $5 for mezzanine, $2 for cheap seats or obstructed views.

4. $5.95 to order seconds under any category at dinner, lunch or breakfast in MDR>

9. $20 weekly armband to use wave pool, rock climbing wall,putt putt, ice skating rink.

We have to have a Price for Onboard PopCorn! Extra for Butter!!:D:eek:

Well, you have a choice to get off the ship!

You are missing the point! We are trying to give RC some ideas of how they can make more profit for their Business. Since food is already an included item in the cruisefare( at least for now it is), and the gangway is something used by most passengers. It would profit RC to charge for use of the gangway! Get the drift!:D

I have seen kids at the piano bar, and the Adult Comedy shows! Ever see parents in the Adventure teen club?

Ok, maybe I could have used the example of the gym, adults only Solarium, and adults only hot tubs. Ok, you might say that you have seen kids in those areas, but maybe if they charged a $20 per day surcharge for those items it would keep the kids out. We are just trying to keep the prices low for everyone here. ;)

It might get there. There are some people in this world who want everything for next to nothing. This always make it hard for reasonable people. Some wake up thinking I am entitled, be it to homes they can't afford (US housing market) or vacation outside of their budget (why do I have to tip). How many of us can go into a restaurant, where people earn decent wages and order even one lobsters or a prime rib for every member of their family, 7 nights in a row. Someone is going to pay for the excess. The cruise lines are not a charity organization. It's going to be the staff doing more for less, while been stiffed by the some of the vacationers, paying extra for for little things, or the price of the trip reflects the true cost of the vacation on every sailing. No more $699 balcony special...darn:D I for one is happy while it lasted, grateful I could have done it, because change is coming!

Agreed, in spades.

Seems to me this started out as a discussion of a $3.95 room service charge. I can't see that's unreasonable. If someone wants to call down at 3 a.m. and order a full meal, meaning someone has to prepare it, someone has to bring it up - why not? The galley staff have to have some down time, they have to get ready for the morning madness - and the charge is ONLY between specific hours, late night. Not all the time. And the charge is only those people who actually order, not all the rest of us. I rarely if ever order room service, and never late at night. It won't affect anyone who isn't ordering.

I can never get over the people who seem to think they should have a cheap cruise with ALL amenities laid on.

Fran in Toronto

You know for those of us that don't order extra, why do we need to subsidize (in our cruise cost) those that do?

Why should I pay taxes to support a school department when I don't have any kids?....

Because it's the American way...but CHANGE is a comin'! :D

Trudy

My idea would be to charge people to go ashore. I mean docking those ships cost a lot of money. They need to pay the people to put out and operate the gangway, they need a port agent, ..... I could go on and on with that list. In addition people going ashore don´t spend money on the ship. I might not even be interested in that certain port of call, so why should I have to pay for it. Some people might even be cheap enough to not book ship excursions. There needs to be a fee to use the gangway.

They do. It's called port charges.

Ok, here we go

$10 charge for that first day tour of the ship

$20 for a tour of the bridge

$10 for a tour of the galley

$20 for the midnight buffet

$10/day for use of the gym

$5/day for use of the pool (not including deck chair)

$10/day for use of pool including deck chair

$1 for use of elevator

$1 for use of public bathroom

$100 for dinner at the captain's table

$10 charge for that first day tour of the ship

$20 for a tour of the bridge

$10 for a tour of the galley

$20 for the midnight buffet

$10/day for use of the gym

$5/day for use of the pool (not including deck chair)

$10/day for use of pool including deck chair

$1 for use of elevator

$1 for use of public bathroom

$100 for dinner at the captain's table

Oh, love the gym charge, shot I don't use the gym so why does my cruise fare have to include the price!!!! And the captain's table charge too!!! Good idea's!!!!:D

But I don't use those, either! :eek: And that is a great idea......there should be a surcharge for those, too! ;)

Nah, I would venture to say that far more kids than adults travel as 3rd and 4th persons in a cabin at a reduced rate. Got to make up that lost income somewhere.

Nah, I would venture to say that far more kids than adults travel as 3rd and 4th persons in a cabin at a reduced rate. Got to make up that lost income somewhere.

That's right and they eat way more desserts and waste a lot of food and they do not purchase alcohol which adds to revenue so they most certainly should be paying surcharges to make up for that!!! :D

that's right and they eat way more desserts and waste a lot of food and they do not purchase alcohol which adds to revenue so they most certainly should be paying surcharges to make up for that!!! :d

amen!

Archived