$3.95 Service Charge for Room Service starting

Okay, if I pay $50 for the Lifeboat package can I reasonably expect a lifeboat to be available in case of an emergency? :cool::rolleyes::eek:

For an additional $75,00 per day and a Fuel Surcharge, you can use the lifeboat while in ports!:D

Pack your water skis!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I haven't had a chance to read all 23 pages of this thread. What exactly does RCCL say this "room service charge" is for?? If all $3.95 of it goes to the person delivering my food between the hours of midnight and 5 am, then I have absolutely no problem with it. But if any of the money is kept by RCCL, then I think that is wrong. I have already paid for my food and don't like that they are asking me to pay again.

I do have a question for those of you who have sailed on the Mariner.

1. Are there any food options after midnight, other than room service? And if there are, what are they and what do they serve?

Janice - having read the first few pages when it was originally posted - the $3.95 is a service charge and is the "tip". May be wrong and will definitly ask the hotel manager on our cruise in Feb if this whole amount goes to the delivery people. If this is the case and it all goes to all servers of room service (individually or pooled and split) I have no problem. In fact I would welcome the charge at all hours and not having to find the cash to tip the servers - just add it to my sea pass. I also suspect a big percentage of people who order room service after midnight order way to much food and do not tip. Just a guess.

As for food after dining hours - there is the Cafe Promanade that has Pizza and stuff all the time. Should be convient for you and your group on the Mariner.

What if I want to order the $14.95 MDR steak while on the $3.95 lifeboat? Will they accept my Seapass? :confused::D:D:D:D

Only if you paid for it!! They now charge $5.95 when they snap your photo for the seapass. There is also a sitting fee for all those photos you have taken, this way, at least they make some money for all the unsold photos.

Patty

Only if you paid for it!! They now charge $5.95 when they snap your photo for the seapass. There is also a sitting fee for all those photos you have taken, this way, at least they make some money for all the unsold photos.

Patty

You got to be Kidding me! Is this on top of the 3% service charge they will applying to all SEAPASS charges?

When will it end!:D

You got to be Kidding me! Is this on top of the 3% service charge they will applying to all SEAPASS charges?

When will it end!:D

Love you guys......your all crazy! Geez, what a great time most of us would have being on the same ship! LOL:D:D:D

I just had a great idea, if you want to order room service after midnight you could knock on your neighbors doors to see if they want to split an order so you could split the fee. It would be a win-win situation for everyone! ;)

I just had a great idea, if you want to order room service after midnight you could knock on your neighbors doors to see if they want to split an order so you could split the fee. It would be a win-win situation for everyone! ;)

And if you knock on your neighbors door who happen to be the go to bed at 8 p.m. types, what type of reception do you expect to receive? Better choice would be to find folks out late with you and split the delivery charge. If your neighbors are the retire early types - they really will resent you knocking on their door late at night to split the room service charge. Cruises are a live and let live and respect all lifestyles type of vacations. Please rethink knocking on your neighbor's door late at night just to save a few bucks.

My cruise leaves 1/23 on the Explorer, and I don't think it is fair that when we booked this cruise last year it stated that we get free 24 hour room service & now all of a sudden we don't. That seems to be false advertising. I don't mind the $3.95 charge if we had been told when we booked. That is the only thing that annoys me about this.

Will paying a $3.95 sevice fee to order after midnight prevent them from calling you to check on your order? If so, I'll pay it! That was the MOST ANNOYING thing ever on Legend. We'd order a plate of cookies around 1 AM and get ready for bed while we were waiting. We would eat the cookies, brush the teeth, and go to sleep. Unfortunately Legend has a policy to call the cabin 45 minutes after the order is delivered to make sure everything was okay. That call came about 30 minutes after we'd gone to sleep. I asked them a couple times when I placed the order to not call to check on us because we were going to sleep but was told that they have to do it, it's a ship requirement. We ended up having to take the phone off the hook once our cookies arrived so we would be able to go to sleep and not be interrupted by a phone call. I tried grabbing some cookies from WJ to leave in the cabin for a snack so we wouldn't have to call room service, but our cabin steward kept throwing them out. I even left notes asking her not to throw them out, but she did anyway. :rolleyes: I finally resorted to hiding them in drawers. I suppose I can hide cookies in drawers for late night snacks next cruise.

i just had a great idea, if you want to order room service after midnight you could knock on your neighbors doors to see if they want to split an order so you could split the fee. It would be a win-win situation for everyone! ;)

and if you knock on your neighbors door who happen to be the go to bed at 8 p.m. Types, what type of reception do you expect to receive? Better choice would be to find folks out late with you and split the delivery charge. If your neighbors are the retire early types - they really will resent you knocking on their door late at night to split the room service charge. Cruises are a live and let live and respect all lifestyles type of vacations. Please rethink knocking on your neighbor's door late at night just to save a few bucks.

rotflmao !!!

Okay, if I pay $50 for the Lifeboat package can I reasonably expect a lifeboat to be available in case of an emergency? :cool::rolleyes::eek:

For $60, you can buy up to a lifeboat with a bathroom, but of course it's a pay toilet. :eek:

Better yet, you can have a deck party! Get orders from every cabin and you can party in the halls.......LOL RCCL would just love that.........LOL

You folks of course all realize that because of this thread there are some unfortunate RCI execs that have spent the entire weekend in some backroom at headquarters playing with there little calculators trying to figure out how much each one of these changes will impact their bottom line. As soon as a post is added to the thread they start frantically pushing the buttons again. I heard one of them had to be rushed to the hospital. He had an anxiety attack when the batteries in his calculator died.....:eek::D

And if you knock on your neighbors door who happen to be the go to bed at 8 p.m. types, what type of reception do you expect to receive? Better choice would be to find folks out late with you and split the delivery charge. If your neighbors are the retire early types - they really will resent you knocking on their door late at night to split the room service charge. Cruises are a live and let live and respect all lifestyles type of vacations. Please rethink knocking on your neighbor's door late at night just to save a few bucks.

At least they will get a good 4 hours of sleep. The charges don't go into effect until midnight.

You folks of course all realize that because of this thread there are some unfortunate RCI execs that have spent the entire weekend in some backroom at headquarters playing with there little calculators trying to figure out how much each one of these changes will impact their bottom line. As soon as a post is added to the thread they start frantically pushing the buttons again. I heard one of them had to be rushed to the hospital. He had an anxiety attack when the batteries in his calculator died.....:eek::D

They're probably giddy with glee seeing the loyals just happy to pay this. Then are positioning themselves to get ready to draw another line in the sand......in their favor.

I know my company would be thrilled to institute a new change, and then read there's customers actually defending and happy with that! :eek:

At least they will get a good 4 hours of sleep. The charges don't go into effect until midnight.

ROFLMBO...........this is true! Good thinking, now the original poster won't have to feel bad about waking them.........LOL:D:D:D

Patty

ROFLAO - I can see them now! :D

:rolleyes: I think surcharges on kid zone / use of gym / ice skating - rock wall - wave pool / all great ideas! Great way to add to their profit! And it doesn't bother us, we don't use those things so why should we pay for it!!! Keep our fares low! :rolleyes:

You don't think their batteries Never Blew Up before this thread? Come on get a Grip!

It's All about being a Profitable Business!:D

The New Charge will be the Scooter charge of $50.00 per cruise!:)

Archived