Need opinions ... Holiday or Inspiration?

trvlqueen

Looking for a short cruise to keep my sanity (but not too short:p ... 5 days is my min). Looks like there are good prices on both ships. I've not been on either of them before. I know Holiday is an older ship, but Mobile is a shorter drive than Tampa ... although if there's a strong enough reason I'll make the drive.

Would love your input, please! Trying to surprise my 3 dds and my hubby with a quickie cruise (NOT during spring break!!!).

Judging from the ships you have been on, you PROBABLY want to make the drive.

The "Holiday" is on her last leg with Carnival, she is gone in November. You will not find a friendlier crew anywhere IMHO, but if you want an Atrium and a bunch of amenities (to include a Balcony room), drive to Tampa.....

To put it into perspective, NOLA is 4+ more hours from my house than Mobile, but my next one will either be from NOLA or after the Fantasy moves to Mobile......

I would go for the Inspiration in a heart beat. It has the been redone and upgraded. Has the water works that the kids will love. The Holiday is a really old ship and is leaving the fleet soon. I would sail the Holiday, but with the kids I think the Inspiration is the one to go with.

INSPIRATION!!! No questions asked. I sailed on the Celebration, her sister ship, in 1996. I thought the Celebration was old and outdated them - can't imagine what the older Holiday is like 13 years later!

I did a B2B on Inspiration in Oct and Nov. She's in great shape, has a great crew, and the Water Works area is really fun (I loved the twister slide). Do the extra drive.

My vote is for the INSPIRATION!!!! You will not be sorry, i can guarantee it! :D

We just sailed her in November and it was PERFECT! No showing of age, crew was over-the-top friendly, food was excellent! Can't say enough great things! ;)

Inspiration, never sailed on the Holiday, but with the evolutions of fun upgrades, it will be worth the longer drive. Your DD's will really ejoy the water slides and mini golf and the rooms are much nicer, as well as the public rest rooms.

My vote is the Inspiration. I was on the Inspiration in 2006 and really loved it. I got off the Holiday this past Monday. Although the crew was awesome, the boat is really lacking. I was on the Main Deck and there was always brown water in bathroom and the pool area is real small. I would not cruise the Holiday again.

Pat

My vote is the Inspiration. I was on the Inspiration in 2006 and really loved it. I got off the Holiday this past Monday. Although the crew was awesome, the boat is really lacking. I was on the Main Deck and there was always brown water in bathroom and the pool area is real small. I would not cruise the Holiday again.

Pat

Sorry to hear that.........but some of us warned you:eek::D:p:)

Not you personally btw:)

Inspiration ....definately.

We have been on both (the Holiday MANY times and we loved her....but it is time for her to retire)....and with the Adult Serenity Area and new Waterpark...Inspiration wins hands down.

I would steer clear of the Holiday. We had friends who cruised her and they weren't very pleased with the cruise since they didn't leave the Gulf, just kinda cruised around due to mechanical difficulties or something of that sort. They are really laid back people who rarely have complaints.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do though:]

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like everyone is siding with the Inspiration. Can't say I blame them. Never been on the Inspiration, but just got off Holiday. First time I've been happier to get off a ship than I was getting on it. Yes, the food and crew were the best, and I hope they all get transferred to the Carnival Dream. As far as the ship, well, it should be towed out to the middle of the Pacific and used for target practice. Not much to do on it during the "Fun" days at sea, unless you love Bingo, waiting in buffet line that goes outside, or riding elevators that fit only 4 people. Need a bathroom break? Go back to your room. All public ones have one toilet and a line waiting. Not a big deal though. Ship so small, no matter where you are, you are close to your cabin. Fine furnishings too, like the upside down galvanized wash basins used for coffee tables in Doc Holiday's. I could go on, but probably have said enough already for some good flames.

Looks like everyone is siding with the Inspiration. Can't say I blame them. Never been on the Inspiration, but just got off Holiday. First time I've been happier to get off a ship than I was getting on it. Yes, the food and crew were the best, and I hope they all get transferred to the Carnival Dream. As far as the ship, well, it should be towed out to the middle of the Pacific and used for target practice. Not much to do on it during the "Fun" days at sea, unless you love Bingo, waiting in buffet line that goes outside, or riding elevators that fit only 4 people. Need a bathroom break? Go back to your room. All public ones have one toilet and a line waiting. Not a big deal though. Ship so small, no matter where you are, you are close to your cabin. Fine furnishings too, like the upside down galvanized wash basins used for coffee tables in Doc Holiday's. I could go on, but probably have said enough already for some good flames.

No flames here. I haven't sailed on the Holiday and have absolutely no desire to. I just don't think I would be happy on it so why take the chance? I am sorry it didn't work out for you though. Sounds like you and I are better off sticking w/the bigger, newer ships.

LOL about the wash basins. too funny!!

Archived