Does anyone really care

sealeggs

I don't like the rolling eyes post; it usually seems snarky. (No offense.)

Smiley faces are not offensive. Who can be mad at a :) ?

I think both are equally useful. As to being snarky, that depends I guess. I have seen just as many posts that were worse than snarky and yet was ended with a :). A rolled eyes to denote sarcasm is helpful in making yourself clear.

I think both are equally useful. As to being snarky, that depends I guess. I have seen just as many posts that were worse than snarky and yet was ended with a :). A rolled eyes to denote sarcasm is helpful in making yourself clear.

Clear in what way? That you mean what ever said as a joke? I am so confused, I thought the smiley faces cute and fun. :(

Clear in what way? That you mean what ever said as a joke? I am so confused, I thought the smiley faces cute and fun. :(

Or to denote the sarcasm. Like if I were to say, "I am such a wonderful person". :rolleyes: or "I just love chair hogs!" :rolleyes: The :rolleyes: helps clarify that I am kidding or being sarcastic, etc. :) And, yes, I like smilies too - in case you haven't noticed.....;)

Okay.....Im not doing anything. I'll go on the drink run. Will the bartender remember you when I mention your names :p

I don't care if he or she remembers my name, but I do kinda like it when they remember what I drink. :) Maybe I should be worried if they do.:D

Okay.....Im not doing anything. I'll go on the drink run. Will the bartender remember you when I mention your names :p

As much time an $$ as I spend in the bars, there's a good chance they'll know what I drink too......:D

Thanks' for the offer.

Aubie

Or to denote the sarcasm. Like if I were to say, "I am such a wonderful person". :rolleyes: or "I just love chair hogs!" :rolleyes: The :rolleyes: helps clarify that I am kidding or being sarcastic, etc. :) And, yes, I like smilies too - in case you haven't noticed.....;)

You mean your not a wonderful person? :(

As much time an $$ as I spend in the bars, there's a good chance they'll know what I drink too......:D

Thanks' for the offer.

Aubie

Exactly, it is nice to sit down in the Schooner bar and have the bartender come over and say there are only 6 Stella's in the cooler but she will send for more if needed.:D

Did I miss something? I thought the rolling eyes :rolleyes: on a post, meant "a Joke" someone "Kidding" being "Sarcastic" I did not think it was an insult..........

Definitely the way it was intended in my post. I specialize in sarcasm but it doesnt always go over well, lol

I really couldn't care less who the Captain is. But, I'd be more interested in knowing the Cruise Director...I didn't care for the director on my last cruise and I wouldn't mind it one bit if we never crossed paths again on a cruise ship while he's cruise director on board. :)

Y'all are cracking me up! :D This thread needed a bit of levity!

I agree, I think sometimes on here people get to serious about the whole thing and need to lighten up a little bit and not take it all so personally or seriously......life is too short to dance with ugly men!!!! ;)

I remember Bill from 06, in 04 it was Lucky Pete (Peetahh):D. The CD we had in 03 is no longer with the company, and his name escapes me.

Aubie

I was on the week before you in '03 and I think his name was Bobbie Brown. His wife was also on the CD's staff.

2P.P1

Been wanting to ask this for awhile of you....What's a Turtle?

PS> She did seem wonderful to me but she had that nasty eye rolling icon by it so I thought she was kidding!!!! :rolleyes:

I'll be happy to answer you. :D

Aubie

WHAT IS A TURTLE?

A Turtle is a high minded individual, who refuses to allow his/her mind to dwell in the gutter. A quality which may only be tested through rigorous questioning and initiation.

LEGEND OF THE TURTLE:

Once upon a time, many years ago there was a man who was of good and noble character; without a trace of impurity in his thoughts. Unfortunately all about him he saw persons with vulgar minds unable to think of anything, except in sexual terms. He bemoaned his inability to find others with a similar highmindness, to his own. Like a turtle, he retreated into his shell.> Then one day, while partaking of a pint of ale (for purely medicinal purposes of course), he realized that there must be others like him. Forced into bars, and saloons; imbibing alcohol as a balm for the ills inflicted by obscene and vulgar persons.

He resolved to locate all the other pure minded individuals that he could, even if this meant spending his every waking hour crawling from one bar to the next. This was the begining of the Turtles. He embarked upon this quest with vigor and determination, but, since he was a man of limited means, quickly ran out of money.

Then one day, he got a tip on a horse running at long odds at the local track. The problem was that he had no money left with which to gamble. So, in desperation he wagered his last and most prized possession a donkey which he had raised from birth. Now this donkey was a particularly gentle and temperate animal, with a loving disposition. To lose his donkey would have been devastating, and yet what choice was there if the quest was to continue? Fortunately, he won the wager, and with the money was able to continue in his search for many more years, and begin the association of Turtles we know today.

And so, to comemorate this event, all members of this esteemed organization when asked, "Are You a Turtle?", must respond immediately without hesitation or fear of embarrassment, in a voice as loud and clear as the voice of the questioner the one and only correct response. Failure to do so at anytime, will be penalized by having to buy a beer for everyone close enough to have heard the original question.

That my friends is a Turtle!

I have just expressed my opinion (and that is all it is after all, my opinion, you don't have to agree) that I think rolling ones eyes at another person IS offensive and most people would never do that face to face.

Wanna bet? :D;) Personally, I'd never post anything here that I wouldn't be willing to say to someone's face. Besides, being direct is part of my job description. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2P.P1

I'll be happy to answer you. :D

Aubie

WHAT IS A TURTLE?

A Turtle is a high minded individual, who refuses to allow his/her mind to dwell in the gutter. A quality which may only be tested through rigorous questioning and initiation.

LEGEND OF THE TURTLE:

Once upon a time, many years ago there was a man who was of good and noble character; without a trace of impurity in his thoughts. Unfortunately all about him he saw persons with vulgar minds unable to think of anything, except in sexual terms. He bemoaned his inability to find others with a similar highmindness, to his own. Like a turtle, he retreated into his shell.> Then one day, while partaking of a pint of ale (for purely medicinal purposes of course), he realized that there must be others like him. Forced into bars, and saloons; imbibing alcohol as a balm for the ills inflicted by obscene and vulgar persons.

He resolved to locate all the other pure minded individuals that he could, even if this meant spending his every waking hour crawling from one bar to the next. This was the begining of the Turtles. He embarked upon this quest with vigor and determination, but, since he was a man of limited means, quickly ran out of money.

Then one day, he got a tip on a horse running at long odds at the local track. The problem was that he had no money left with which to gamble. So, in desperation he wagered his last and most prized possession a donkey which he had raised from birth. Now this donkey was a particularly gentle and temperate animal, with a loving disposition. To lose his donkey would have been devastating, and yet what choice was there if the quest was to continue? Fortunately, he won the wager, and with the money was able to continue in his search for many more years, and begin the association of Turtles we know today.

And so, to comemorate this event, all members of this esteemed organization when asked, "Are You a Turtle?", must respond immediately without hesitation or fear of embarrassment, in a voice as loud and clear as the voice of the questioner the one and only correct response. Failure to do so at anytime, will be penalized by having to buy a beer for everyone close enough to have heard the original question.

That my friends is a Turtle!

I love it!!!! Unfortunatly....I would not qualify....love the crawling from bar to bar thing...done it many times, however I have been known to slip off the curb a few times!!!! :D

I love it!!!! Unfortunatly....I would not qualify....love the crawling from bar to bar thing...done it many times, however I have been known to slip off the curb a few times!!!! :D

I think - ok, I know - that Aubie is also more about the bar crawling thing and not so much about the high minded, pure thoughts thing....... :D :D

Who hasn't?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Said in the most sincere way)

Aubie

Archived