Does anyone really care

sealeggs

I think - ok, I know - that Aubie is also more about the bar crawling thing and not so much about the high minded, pure thoughts part....... :D :D

Oh, I am so relieved, been thinking he sounds like the kind DH & I would love to hook up with on a cruise...bar crawling all of that. But my philosophy is if you not living on the edge your taking up to much space.....:D;):D and after a few drinks falling off the curb will most definitely happen. . . . but only in a good way!

Oh, I am so relieved, been thinking he sounds like the kind DH & I would love to hook up with on a cruise...bar crawling all of that. But my philosophy is if you not living on the edge your taking up to much space.....:D;):D and after a few drinks falling off the curb will most definitely happen. . . . but only in a good way!

I think that there are more than a few people who could testify to the fact that you will always have fun with Aubie and his DW. :)

Oh, I am so relieved, been thinking he sounds like the kind DH & I would love to hook up with on a cruise...bar crawling all of that.

Just don't try keeping up with him.:D You WILL lose. I tried one time a while back and spent the next 3 days getting over it. :(:o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2P.P1

I think that there are more than a few people who could testify to the fact that you will always have fun with Aubie and his DW. :)

Yes you can add me to that list. But I am sure he may have thought I was a bit quiet. However in my defense, we only had a a short time at dinner in Aruba while we were in port. Not enough cosmos to make me giddy. :rolleyes:

Aw...... you're gonna make me blush. :o

Aubie

Well, I do have a soft spot for the person who made me my first martini. Come to think of it, you were also the person who ended up drinking that first martini..... :D I did eat the martini soaked olive however - lest anyone think I am a whimp! :rolleyes:;):D

I just don't get the intrest in who the Captain or Cruise Director on a specific ship is. Will you not cruise if it is someone else? I personally don't care who they are. We have cruised 8 times and yes all with Royal Caribbean and have enjoyed everyone of them and have had different CD's and Captains and no this didn't alter our decision on which ship we sailed. There I will get off of my soapbox now. I just had to vent.

Generally the passengers who have the best time on a cruise are the ones who are personally acquainted with the Captain, Hotel Director, and/or Cruise Director.

These are the people who are invited up to the bridge to watch the sailaway, down to the engine room for a special tour, to the specialty restaurants for a specially prepared dinner with the ship's Senior Officers, to the Officer's Ward Room for cocktails, to the Hotel Director's Cabin for dinner, to the great staff parties in the Cruise Director's Cabin after the shows. If they know you really well, you get to go fishing with the Captain in one of the tender boats, or a private tour to a remote beach on the fast rescue boat. The Captain and Hotel Director can arrange free special tours with the tour operators, bottles of wine in the cabin and at dinner, and special menus in the dining room.

You would be absolutely amazed what special doors are suddenly opened for friends of the Senior Officers.

And if you enjoy good conversation and stories about exotic places, these people have been everywhere and seen it all.

yeah, where's the fun in that?:mad:

I'm not really mad, just bored with all the smilies y'all have been using.

Oh yeah, get bored because people are not using the emoticons that you like. :rolleyes:

That was the first time I rolled my eyes did I do it right?

As long as the Captain can get me from point A to point B, then I'm happy. I don't care who the Captain is! And, if there was no CD at all, it wouldn't affect my cruise enjoyment at all!

It's like going to a hotel---does anyone ask who's running the place???? Not me!

People that cruise ALL the time seem to feel a conection to these people like they are family. Other than that I dont see the facination either. I find it funny when Im on a cruise and someone says "Oh so and so is in the windjammer, I have to go say hi we've been on 40 cruises with them" or "We just sailed with them two weeks ago and now here we are again on the same ship" They work there!!! You are not "neat-o" because you know Abdul in the dining room. Its nice to be remebered by a crew member, but its their job to be nice, and you probably wouldnt give them time of day if they work at you local Dennys instead of a cruise ship.

Oh thank you for that laugh. I find it so funny when I read another forum when people go on and on and on about who they saw and how much fun it is to see all of these people. There was one "live from " thread and all of the reports revolved around what employees they saw and how much fun it was that they remembered the passengers. etc. I have never understood this at all.

I just don't get the intrest in who the Captain or Cruise Director on a specific ship is. Will you not cruise if it is someone else? I personally don't care who they are. We have cruised 8 times and yes all with Royal Caribbean and have enjoyed everyone of them and have had different CD's and Captains and no this didn't alter our decision on which ship we sailed. There I will get off of my soapbox now. I just had to vent.

Not on RCI, none of the crew have ever impressed me. My opinion is that they are all just "blah" there to do their jobs and that is it... nothing noteworthy.

Not on RCI, none of the crew have ever impressed me. My opinion is that they are all just "blah" there to do their jobs and that is it... nothing noteworthy.

I've noticed just the opposite. The RCI crew always seems happy and eager to be of service. They all smile and greet the passengers as they pass by. Whether or not it's sincere doesn't matter. They are obviously well trained.

Now I've always thought the many of the crew on Carnival (not all but a whole lot of them) seemed unhappy. They come off as zombies and tend to avoid eye contact. I do admit that I took a liking to a few drink servers on CCL who were the best I've had. I remember their names. :D

Gina

Archived