Alaska, Pacific Princess....Hot Cocoa?

cattolica

Just curious if anyone knows the cost for a cup of hot cocoa when sailing on the Pacific Princess in Alaska??? I am assuming this would not be included if you purchase a coffee card. We were able to order hot cocoa in the dining room on the Golden this past December and it was complimentary, but wasn't sure if it is different ship by ship.

Thanks

We got a Princess thermal mug with Cocoa and Irish Cream on our first day out and then got reduced price on refills. I don't remember what it cost, but it was worth every penny. It was a wonderful way to start the day, standing up in the brisk air, watching the glaciers, and sipping hot cocoa and cream. Just thinking about it make me want to go back.

When we were in Glacier Bay they came around with big urns of hot chocolate and coffee. I'm pretty sure it was free, but they had adult beverages you could add for a fee. It was very cold and rainy the day we were there so it was a nice touch. I'm pretty sure there were packets of instant cocoa in HC.

When we were in Glacier Bay they came around with big urns of hot chocolate and coffee. I'm pretty sure it was free, but they had adult beverages you could add for a fee. It was very cold and rainy the day we were there so it was a nice touch. I'm pretty sure there were packets of instant cocoa in HC.

I swear I read in one of Princess press releases that hot chocolate will be provided on deck during Alaska cruises now. For a while they did charge for it, but I think it is now complimentary. I will have to go take a look and see if I can find the announcement.

I tried doing a search on the princess site and couldn't find it. So I looked on another cruising site and someone posted the info from the September Captain's Circle newsletter:

Hot Chocolate & Mid-Morning Bouillon:

On cold weather itineraries, guests can warm up with a complimentary cup of Hot Chocolate and mid-morning Bouillon. These offerings are currently available onboard Princess ships in Alaska.

Not sure if this means you have to be Gold or above.

Thanks so much for the information. I have been all over the Princess website and couldn't find anything. I appreciate you taking the time to search.

DH will be a happy boy.....he is not a coffee or tea drinker and wondered if he would have hot cocoa as a choice to ward off the chilly weather.

I tried doing a search on the princess site and couldn't find it. So I looked on another cruising site and someone posted the info from the September Captain's Circle newsletter:

Hot Chocolate & Mid-Morning Bouillon:

On cold weather itineraries' date=' guests can warm up with a complimentary cup of Hot Chocolate and mid-morning Bouillon. These offerings are currently available onboard Princess ships in Alaska.

Not sure if this means you have to be Gold or above.[/quote']

May it will be free from 12:01 pm to 12:06 pm (for 5 minutes) in the buffet! This sounds just like the embarkation lunch (for those familiar with that topic).

DH will be a happy boy.....he is not a coffee or tea drinker and wondered if he would have hot cocoa as a choice to ward off the chilly weather.

i tried doing a search on the princess site and couldn't find it. So i looked on another cruising site and someone posted the info from the september captain's circle newsletter:

hot chocolate & mid-morning bouillon:

on cold weather itineraries' date=' guests can warm up with a complimentary cup of hot chocolate and mid-morning bouillon. These offerings are currently available onboard princess ships in alaska.

Not sure if this means you have to be gold or above.[/quote']

boo! :(

On cold weather itineraries' date=' guests can warm up with a complimentary cup of Hot Chocolate and mid-morning Bouillon. These offerings are currently available onboard Princess ships in Alaska.

Not sure if this means you have to be Gold or above.[/quote']

Not a requirement. They never look at the cruise cards to figure out if you need to pay for something or not. Either everybody is charged or nobody is charged.

Goodness, I think charging for Hot Chocolate especially on an Alaska cruise is ridiculous. If Princess changed their policy on their Alaska cruises that is a good thing and long overdue.

When I cruise Alaska I think I am going to take a cruise line that doesn't charge for it.

When I cruise Alaska I think I am going to take a cruise line that doesn't charge for it.

IMO, there are many more important factors in choosing the right cruise line for Alaska (or any other region for that matter) than whether they charge for hot chocolate or not. To me, itinerary and port times are much more important that a free cup of hot chocolate.

IMO, there are many more important factors in choosing the right cruise line for Alaska (or any other region for that matter) than whether they charge for hot chocolate or not. To me, itinerary and port times are much more important that a free cup of hot chocolate.

I agree 100%. That hot chocolate sure would be nice to warm us up when viewing the beautiful glaciers, tho :D

Will be included in your "extra fare" that the other cruise line will charge!

No extra fare. In fact cruise cheaper than Princess by $200 per person. Same date, same ports and free hot chocolate whenever I want it.

Don't get me wrong I cruise Princess and like them but some people seem to have Princess tunnel vision. Otherwise known as Princess cheerleader syndrome.

I agree 100%. That hot chocolate sure would be nice to warm us up when viewing the beautiful glaciers, tho :D

On our glacier cruising morning in 2004, hubby had to bribe a grumpy daughter with hot chocolate in the Horizon to get her up that early. But I'm sure he won't remember that far back if he had to pay for the drink. It may have been available at breakfast at no charge.

It was very cold, windy, and rainy the day we were in Glacier Bay. The young man with the big urn of hot chocolate was very popular, and the hot cocoa was delicious with a big dollop of whipped cream on top. I checked with DH, and it was free, but he did tip the server. He was very cute and kept chanting, "Cold passengers, hot cocoa," as he walked along the deck. I thought he had coffee and hot cocoa, but DH said it was just cocoa--he's a big coffee drinker so he'd remember that.

I swear I read in one of Princess press releases that hot chocolate will be provided on deck during Alaska cruises now. For a while they did charge for it, but I think it is now complimentary. I will have to go take a look and see if I can find the announcement.

It was certainly free on deck on Golden in September. DD lived on it for a week.

Archived