Poll: Your Best Princess Cruise!!!

captjdd

WHAT SHIP WAS YOUR BEST PRINCESS CRUISE ON??  

465 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT SHIP WAS YOUR BEST PRINCESS CRUISE ON??

• GRAND-CLASS
    • SUN-CLASS
    • CORAL-CLASS
    • REGAL PRINCESS
    • ROYAL PRINCESS
    • PACIFIC PRINCESS
    • TAHITIAN PRINCESS

Sailed Princess 17 times so far and #18 is coming up in Feb. I will never forget the Innaugral Cruise of "Sun Princess". First of its class. We had 2 marching bands flown in from England. They performed on the pier before We sailed. The uniforms were beautiful and the music very touching. As We pulled up Anchor, as "Sun Princess, turned into the Channel going out to sea, the bands played "Anchors Aweigh" and "Amazing Grace". Then We stopped!!!It was dark and a spectacular "Fireworks display was put on for all". We were all speechless. All week long, there were all kinds of suprises. Flowers at dinner for the Ladies and Champagne at dinner compliments of the Captain. It was such a "Beautiful Suprise". I have so far done 42 cruises-all the new big ones-all cruise lines but will never forget"Sun Princess". Ike

Our first Cruise was on the Regal when she was brand new, but our favorite on her was a 16 day trans-canal from Florida to California. The perfect blend of sea days and ports with also going in the Canal It was the best, this is when you had a Midnight buffet every night, pasta dishes prepared tableside and a pasta course every night, boy those were the good old days.

I can't vote here ... my 2 best PRINCESS cruises were on the old ISLAND PRINCESS. 10/93 from Piraeus (Athens) to Venice (RHODES, ALEXANDRIA/CAIRO, HAIFA/JERUSALEM, LIMASSOL/CYPRUS; we missed CORFU). 3-4/95 from Yokahama to Hong Kong (HIROSHIMA, PUSAN, XINGANG/BEIJING over 2 nights, shore excursion to XIAN while the ship went to DALIAN, SHANGHAI overnight). An 11/2000 cruise on the REGAL PRINCESS (from Laem Chabang/Bangkok to Sydney) comes in a close 3rd.

The first cruise always seems to be the best cruise, for us that cruise was on the Regal Princess. We have cruised many times since, on many Princess ships, as well as other lines and other ships. This year we again cruised on the Regal Princess and we were as impressed in 2004 as we were with her in 1994, when we first cruised her, so I guess she is still our favorite ship in the fleet. Remember the old Star Princess? She is now the Ocean Village. That would have to be my second best ship that I have cruised on. The Sun Class ships are a very near third, but I still think that the first cruise is remembered with the fondest memories.

Several years ago we sailed from Dover England around the northern tip of Norway stopping at several cities in Norway including Oslo, Hellesylt, Trondheim, Honnigsvag, Bergen, and returning to Dover. It was a superb itinerary on a superb ship.

I would have to say that our cruise on the Tahitian Princess was our best ever and we have cruised some great itineraries.

It was our 40th wedding anniversary for a start and then to be amongst those beautiful islands with great weather and on a small intimate ship, with a great C.C. group, what more could one ask for.

We will be on the Regal in 13 months time going around S.A., so that could surpass our experience on the Tahitian. We are looking forward to another great itinerary and a lovely ship.

Jennie

None of the above. My best Princess Cruises was back in 1987 on the old SEA PRINCESS (now sailing as MONA LISA). The ship was a classic and Princess was considered a top-notch luxury line back then. Traditional lines, wood walled cabins, plush carpet, deep bathtubs in most cabins, real teak decking, etc. I was in love! The cruise ... 16 days from Bangkok to Sydney. It was fabulous. The passengers were a wonderful mix from the US, Canada, and Australia. I am still good friends with many people I met on that sailing.

SEA PRINCESS carried less that 1000 passengers so it was a true "country club" feeling onboard. Not the feeling of being at a large resort hotel with 3000 fellow strangers as on today's mega-monsters. There was a camaraderie onboard that just doesn't exist today. The overall feeling added with the amazing ports, gorgeous ship, beautiful weather, and intriguing fellow passengers made this cruise not only my favorite with Princess, but one of my all time favorites period. I wish I could go back in time!

Ernie

[quote name='Druke I']Well, voted for Royal Princess, Buenos Aires to Barcelona, Mar 98, but that was actually the second best, the first being the last voyage of the Sky Princess as a Princess ship, San Francisco to Sydney, Sep 00. Third would probably be old Pacific Princess, Australia/NewZealand, Jan 95.

Love those "exotics".[/QUOTE]

Michael....
We're going to get along just fine on the Sapphire!

Our favorite was the Sky Princess.....Aukland to Sydney, and then we took her again from Beijing to Hong Kong.

Royal was the next best with Buenos Aires to Manaus....

Yes...we do LOVE the exotics!

• 3 weeks later...
OB-We will be on the Sun with you Jan 28th. Sailed the Golden last March and had a great time but are looking forward to a smaller ship with less crowds. Wanted to let you know that there is a thread for our cruise if your interested. Can't tell you how to get there(just found this web site yesterday) but it is hosted by Anne. Only 31 days to go.[quote name='obnurse']Our very first cruise was on The Golden in it's first year sailing. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. That cruise was magical and I wouldn't change a thing! The memories keep me going til we cruise again.....1-28-05 on The Sun Princess![/QUOTE]

Our favorite cruise was in the Sky Princess (all 1200 passengers) from Osaka to Hong Kong (with stops in Hiroshma, Pusan, Xingang/Beijing, Dilian, and Shanghai) At Xingang they took all 1200 of us off the ship into 13 busses for the ride into Beijing...we even had dinner at the Great Hall of China with the Chinese Opera performing...we were the first Princes ship to make this stop with 2 nights in Beijing...we got the royal treatment.
There is something special about the smaller ships..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived