issues with the Miracle? and Carnival?

cruiserider444

I wanted to make sure there was no question on how I felt about the Miracle. I sailed on it in September with my Mom and sister. This was my and my sister's 2nd cruise and my Mom's 3rd. We sailed on the Valor this first time in 05/2006. I loved that cruise and thought it would be tough to beat. Well, I was wrong. Once I had the Miracle to compare to the Valor I realized that I liked the smaller (if you can call it smaller since they're like floating cities) one so much better. It is easy to navigate. The staff was very friendly. We actually sailed 2 weeks after the infamous sailing and I personally have a tough time believing (not saying it didn't happen) that these were the same people that were unprofessional 2 weeks earlier.

I guess what I am saying is, do not feel concerned about booking on the Miracle. Start counting down the days, you are going to have so much fun.

We were on the Miracle Feb/March 2008 and LOVED it. Our room Stewart (Widodo) was nothing short of amazing. Our Waitstaff (Warren & Ubo) where also good.

Prior to the Miracle we had only been on the Triumph, but I like the Miracle layout MUCH better.

Go & enjoy your cruise!

We love the Miracle and have been on twice - third time will be this coming September.

My parents (loyal to HAL and never sailed any other line - ever!) tried the Miracle this past October and then immediately booked a B2B this coming April/May - 16 days for them!! WOO HOO!

LOVE THE MIRACLE!! The staff/crew are AWESOME!!

I think the recent issues with the Miracle have been due to their propulsion problems, which will (hopefully) be taken care of in the soon-to-be drydock. Many people are/were annoyed over itinerary changes - not going so "southern." We were on Miracle this Christmas, and had a great time. No problems with staff, ship, food, shows, etc. Only problem was we "missed" St. Lucia. Oh well - I guess I'll have to book another cruise to "hit" that island!:D

We were on the Miracle end of January and had a great cruise.

Wait staff was not the best but not sure if they were shorthanded due to a dry dock coming up shortly. Had 4 tables and seemed to be constantly behind and dinner took over 2 hours.

Had nice group at our table so the long dinner was fine.

Golfadj

We are going on the Miracle for the 2nd time this coming May.. One of our favorite ships/cruises...

I have never read a bad review regarding the Miracle.. other yes, not the Miracle..

I also read on Cruisedeckplans that the drydock is to install WIFI nothing about the propulsion system:)

I was just off her (darn i need to stop saying that it was alomost 2 months ago ;)) But the service my family and i recieved was more and better then AWSOME! And on the Miracle you'll have the time of your life great ship and i had a great time!!!!

Hope you have a good time.... Bon Voyage!

cbc

I'm just off a month ago and the service in the dining room for the main seating was Very, VERY slow! They had to flash the lights a few nights for us to leave. And we were still in dessert...We also arrived ON TIME and at the same time has my Mother and her table and they were eating dessert while we were STILL waiting for our dinner.

Everything elase was great, but slow service in the dining room.

IMO The "issues with Miracle (and Holiday) are more Carnival issues, where Carnival seems to have dropped the ball in advising cruisers of Propulsion Problems and Itinerary changes PRIOR to Sailing, and Carnival Reps telling the Cruisers at the Dock (and on the Phone) that they CANNOT Cancel without losing their money - which the Cruisers have every right to do when notified in advance of cruising. ken

Had a fantistic time on the Miracle! Staff was friendly, food was great, ports were nice and the ship was clean. Best of all were the new friends we made and all the great memories! I truly believe a cruise is what you make of it. Go expecting to have a good time and you probably will. Expect to have a lousy time and you probably will. ;)

hi all,

I booked the Miracle for this spring and it seems like there are more complaints about Carnival service and the Miracle. I hope this is not true. any feedback would be great. any recent cruisers on the Miracle?

It seems? Perhaps you aren't reading the "right" reviews.

Just do a search on the Carnival board only and you'll likely get the vast majority that love Miracle.

Yes, some people were upset because itineraries were changed due to the propulsion problems, but I don't know where you're getting this idea that service is poor.

The crew was the best of any cruise yet. They seemed genuinely friendly.

You just need to do some more reading. Or, just find the "all things Miracle" thread where there is page after page after page after page of people raving about her.

:o Just got of the Miracle in Nov 08 great ship and easy to get around:) Have a great time;)

Sept 04 Legend

Nov 06 Legend

April 07 Miracle

Nov 07 Legend

April 08 Miracle

Nov 08 Miracle

Archived