So Torn....

rick&james

As you can see below ive been a loyal Carnival customer but my PVP has left and now i seem to not be happy with the service im getting from the people ive been speaking too over the last week. So i went online and found a great deal for a 4 day cruise on RCL because i live in tennessee 249pp going to Nassau-CoCo Cay-KeyWest aboard the Majesty Of The Seas and called and got great service havent booked yet but ive got a 24 hour hold my dilemma is i dont wanna feel like im cheating on Carnival ive loved all 8 of my cruises but the prices for Carnival seem non competative Lately what gives dont know but i just want advice on people who have tried both lines......thanks in advance james

PS....in Miami and Nassau there will be a carnival boat in both ports im gonna have withdraws when i see the funnel LOL i know i will........

we all love carnival, but carnival is a business, you can't cheat on a business, if you feel like they're not earning your business in this particular instance, bring your business elsewhere. Believe me, carnival won't hold it against you and they won't put a black mark on your file for the next time you board. Enjoy your cruise!

We've been on 4 Carnival cruises and last year went on Royal. We are going back on carnival in 3 weeks. Both cruise lines are great. We are going on Carnival because of cost. In this economy, i would not feel loyalty to any company. Save where you can.

As you can see below ive been a loyal Carnival customer but my PVP has left and now i seem to not be happy with the service im getting from the people ive been speaking too over the last week. So i went online and found a great deal for a 4 day cruise on RCL because i live in tennessee 249pp going to Nassau-CoCo Cay-KeyWest aboard the Majesty Of The Seas and called and got great service havent booked yet but ive got a 24 hour hold my dilemma is i dont wanna feel like im cheating on Carnival ive loved all 8 of my cruises but the prices for Carnival seem non competative Lately what gives dont know but i just want advice on people who have tried both lines......thanks in advance james

PS....in Miami and Nassau there will be a carnival boat in both ports im gonna have withdraws when i see the funnel LOL i know i will........

If the ship is anything like Monarch of the Seas run in the opposite direction!..aweful ship..Smelled like sewage, dirty, holes in the carpet...

How much is Carnival charging for the same cruise? I also noticed that you have sailed 8 times with Carnival; this would be your ninth and then on the 10th you would become a platinum cruiser! (Am I right? or will it be AFTER the 10th one?) Just something to consider :p

I am having the same issue. I want to go to Aruba but cant find a Carnival ship to take me there. I had to book Princess.

I have a sad feeling and I know it will be even worse if I see a Carnival ship along the way.

I am secretly praying that Carnival somehow adds Aruba in one of their itens before too long and I can cancel and book with them. :(

I am having the same issue. I want to go to Aruba but cant find a Carnival ship to take me there. I had to book Princess.

I have a sad feeling and I know it will be even worse if I see a Carnival ship along the way.

I am secretly praying that Carnival somehow adds Aruba in one of their itens before too long and I can cancel and book with them. :(

I did not even realize that Carnival did not have Aruba on the Southern itin anymore!!! I never look at that one because it is way to port intensive for me but in '03 I did it on the Destiny and had a fabulous day in Aruba! I hope they bring it back for you!!!!

To the OP.....book what works for you!

I had a not so great conversation with a PVP when I was planning my last cruise and my upcoming cruise. I already knew which I wanted so I called a TA....

However, I would not let brand loyalty deter me from booking with another line. I have stayed with Carnival because I have loved every cruise and if it ain't broke don't fix it......I am SURE that I will wind up on another line some day soon.....I am SURE that when that happens I'll be melancholy when I see that funnel at Sea or in port.....I am SURE that any cruise is better than being on land!!!

As far as the PVP situation goes....I know that there are many people on the boards who absolutely adore their PVP's and say so in any thread that asks about this.....of course they can't divulge names BUT some of these CC members have email addy's listed AND you could always send them a private email and ask who their PVP is and their extension :)

In 9 days I'll be heading off on my 7th Carnival cruise. Last year we did an RCCL cruise because it had the itinerary I wanted at the time. I'm so glad I did it. Both RCCL and Carnival are great cruise lines. There are things that are done better on Carnival and things that are done better on RCCL. In the end, I've enjoyed cruising on both lines. I say go for it!

Cindy

Don't feel bad. Princess is part of the Carnival Corp.

Why not try out another line? My parents are big NCL cruisers and love it. They did go on Carnival with us for a family Christmas cruise this past year and enjoyed it as well. My partner and I have gone a bit crazy with cruising lately (5 in a years time). My father keeps bugging me because they are all on Carnival. He just thinks I should try out another line. So far I have stayed with Carnival because I have been happy with them overall. However, I will say that I am probably going to go with someone different next year. Mainly because of itineraries. I also want to go to Aruba and Carnival backed out of it. Then there is South America which I really want to do. I have planned on Alaska next spring but if Carnival doesn't get there schedule up soon then I will go with someone else.

I understand about losing your PVP. I've had great service for several years from mine too, and suddenly, I get an email from someone I didn't know saying he was my PVP and that my final payment is due!!

I've sailed both Carnival and RCCL and love them both. I go with price, and right now, for a 7 night cruise, Carnival is cheaper. I'm in Tennessee too!

rickandjames: My Husband and I enjoy Carnival too, But I would do RCI if the price was better. If it was the same or more for RCI, I would do Carnival. Nice to see down to Earth guys that like Carnival.. as far as PVP I would rather point and click with out having to talk to anyone. I have booked my last 5 Carnival Cruises online, I have only had to call to order hard liquor for the cabin and when I had a problem with my funpass.

Tom in Long Beach

Majesty of the Seas is now the oldest of the RCL ships. I would never do a inside cabin on that ship again. Way too small, 119 s.f. OVs are 121 s.f. but at least you have the window to make the cabin feel a little bigger.

Im usually not the type to upgrade, but it was worth it to move to a OV for us.

Pretty ship, not so good cabins. Try a newer ship if you care about the cabins. There is a reason its so cheap.

I have sailed on the RC cruise you are thinking about twice before I came to Carnival It started my cruise addiction. It is a nice cruise for the price Majesty is a very nice ship. The rooms on Carnival are much bigger than those on RC. Room service on RC is off the regular dinner menu. I like the layout of RC buffet area more but both are good. Go with what you can afford and the trip ports you like. I too am from Tn and drive to Miami each time.

Majesty of the Seas is now the oldest of the RCL ships. I would never do a inside cabin on that ship again. Way too small, 119 s.f. OVs are 121 s.f. but at least you have the window to make the cabin feel a little bigger.

Im usually not the type to upgrade, but it was worth it to move to a OV for us.

Pretty ship, not so good cabins. Try a newer ship if you care about the cabins. There is a reason its so cheap.

Was going to say the same thing. Keep in mind that Majesty is one or is the oldest ship in the RCI fleet. We went on it back in July of 02 and it was great! The inside cabins are very tight though.

I will sail RCI again, but I am waiting to sail on either a Voyager or Freedom Class ship.

I was in the same situation. I had originally planned on booking the Imagination. In fact, since I don't know how to remove it, I probably still have a countdown clock on here for that cruise.:o Then we read about the Majesty's June 15th cruise. We wanted to go to Key West, and definitely a private island. The price was so good, we decided to go with the Majesty this summer instead. However, we love Carnival, so we are experiencing a little "guilt" right now too!

I have a question for those who drive from Tennessee to Miami. We are planning to drive down to Miami the day before our cruise. However, we have never cruised from Miami and know nothing about it. When we sailed out of Tampa last year, we drove until we reached Savannah, then stayed in a hotel there that night. It was an easy drive on to Tampa from there, and we boarded the Legend pretty early. Is this "doable" with Miami? Thanks!

You should do it just for CoCo Cay. What a great beach day that is, if you make it to the island!

I have done the Soveriegn which was a sister ship to the Majsty that you are looking at and I would go back in a second. For a 4 day cruise to get 3 ports is great.

you will find many more similarites than differences.

Maybe a copy of this post sent to carnival may get you a better customer rep. They hate to lose customers and it cant hurt.:D:D

At that price, I think it's time for you to find out if the grass is greener.

Go...have fun. That Itin sounds great!!

LOL That happened to us on our second cruise. Not only the funnel, but the exact ship we had previously sailed. Oh, how we wished we were on that ship. :(

Been on Majesty of the seas, and a BtoB on Liberty of the seas, you will love RCCL. I also have 8 Carnival cruises under my belt, and 2 more booked....so as you can see I like em' both...go you won't be disappointed.....Have a nice cruise....

my first 4 cruises were on Carnival, then last year i tried out Royal Caribbean because a family member was planning it and i still enjoyed my cruise... there were definitely things that i missed from Carnival and then some things that i thought were a little better on Royal. i think it wouldn't hurt to try out another line, there's always future cruises to come back to Carnival :)

I say go for it......nothing wrong with trying something new, unless you are really aiming to get to Platinum level with Carnival soon. I had considered RC for my next cruise (3/8) and went with Carnival because I was treated better, even though I liked RC's itinerary better. So I wouldn't have hesitated to go the other way had it gone differently.

I have been on many cruises 19 in all and still only gold with all !!!.The reason ...I try different cruise lines

CCL and Rccl are very similar in cabin layout -big and comfortable

CCl are very glitzy and bright ...I love it

Food I believe is better during the day on CCL but at night GREAT on both .Portions have gotten smaller so if you are hungry order two.

Princess and Costa also have fairly large cabins

Costa is very ornate and highly decorated .Atmosphere is great .Supper is like an Italian wedding loads of fun and music .I really like Costa

Princess IMO has the BEST FOOD been on 4 ships Regal,Caribbean,\twice and Grand

Did not care for MSC or Celebrity

What is important to you

Itineraries / Food ? Entertainment ?Cabins?Price?

For me it is a good itinerary at a good price

I am a CCl stock holder and still go elsewhere if the cruise suits me .I do not feel disloyal because CCl will still get my business at another time.Lately I found RCCL to be too expensive so I have not been back on them

It's your buck ..Spend it where you want ..just go have fun

Archived