Pet Peeve - "I've never . . . but"

niborHS

Under your User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List
That's it. Loretta, You'll see the link to 'User CP' near the top of any screen, left side, in kind of a light-peach tool bar. Once there, you'll find the 'Settings & Options' under "Your Control Panel" on the left side of the screen.

Questions like that don't even faze me anymore.

i have been a 9-1-1 dispatcher for 25 years. if you think every call we get is a life and death energency you are sadly mistaken.

How the get up in the morning every day, wash, dress and feed themselves and manage to cross the street without getting run over is a mystery to me.

OT-Back when we lived in NJ, my husband was a volunteer RMT/Paramedic. That was an eye opener. If we ever cruise together, ask him about the attemped suicide by rice story. :eek:

OT-Back when we lived in NJ, my husband was a volunteer RMT/Paramedic. That was an eye opener. If we ever cruise together, ask him about the attemped suicide by rice story. :eek:

I would love it. :)

Suicide by rice???? :) Sounds as good as my Gerbil and auto erotic asphixiation stories *LOL*

I was an EMT for 4 years , We could definately swap a few war stories. Not in the dining room while civilians are eating though *LOL*

That's it. Loretta, You'll see the link to 'User CP' near the top of any screen, left side, in kind of a light-peach tool bar. Once there, you'll find the 'Settings & Options' under "Your Control Panel" on the left side of the screen.

Oh, Thank you for asking about a way to edit out certain posts and thank you for providing the answer! ;)

yes never understood this?

more pet peeves are

Questions like

"Convince me To Sail XYZ" who cares? I'm not a travel agent working on commisssion,besides I already have two jobs as it is.

another one is

"Will Little Jimmy Be Bored On A Cruise"? Once again who cares?

I agree wholeheartedly with number two. Little Jimmy is "dammed" lucky to have the opportunity to go on a cruise. Most people (certainly myself included) didn't have that option when we were growing up. We went on budget family vacations and even there, no one cared if we were bored. We had to entertain ourselves. Little Johnny has a whole ship at his disposal. If he can't keep himself entertained, then good ... let him be bored.

As to number one, I get peeved easily about this one ... but for different reasons. Why should anyone "convince" one to sail a certain cruise line. I'll be "dammed" if I'm even gonna try. Not all cruise lines were created equal and not all cruise lines will appeal to all people. It will be a cold day you know where when I'll try to convince someone to try HAL just because I happen to like it. For them, it may not be a good fit at all. The only way to determine that is to either try it ... and acknowledge that you may waste a perfectly good cruising opportunity if you don't like it, or do your research beforehand and make an educated guess. But anyone who tries to "convince" one to take a cruise on a certain line is an even bigger idiot than the person who asked to be convinced in the first place.

Just my ever so humble opinion ... :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

1 poster that wants to bring their own light bulbs because they prefer it over all other bulbs. Also, how many lightbulbs are needed for a cabin (and balcony)

13 people post to respond stating that bringing your own lightbulbs is against cruiseline rules.

2 people post that they had no problems smuggling their own light bulbs aboard the Illumination of the Seas

5 people post that rules about using your own lightbulbs vary from cruiseline to cruiseline.

1 person posts that the cabinmate of her 2nd husband's first wife was electrocuted while changing her own lightbulb.

17 people post how sorry they are to hear that the cabinmate of the 2nd husband's first wife was electrocuted while changing her own lightbulb.

3 people post how sorry they are that the 2nd husband's first wife was electrocuted.

2 people post that if she'd flicked off the switch and gotten out of the bathtub, that she would never have been electrocuted.

5 people post asking how they know that she was in the bathtub?

1 person posts a link to an article from a Florida newspaper about the death of the cabinmate of the 2nd husbands first wife which implied that she may have been in the bathtub while changing her lightbulb.

7 people post that it's the fault of the cruiseline that she was electrocuted for changing her own lightbulb.

1 person posts that he "felt a thrill go up his leg" while changing a lightbulb, but nothing bad ever happened to him.

12 people post to complain how insensitive it is that 2 people blamed the cabinmate of 2nd husband's first wife for electrocuting herself.

1 person posts to ask if she got a fair trial before being electrocuted, and that electrocution is against the law in California.

It's going to be wonderful to not wake up in the morning and have to read a "Book" my scroll button thanks all of you.

Absolutely!

I like looking at all the pretty pictures, and the inane ones, too.:D

Great Post Brian :)

Very funny.

I didn't want to "quote" you because that would put me on the list. But then I guess I am on the list anyway because I posted to tell you I enjoyed your post. *LOL*

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :)

Me... asking why not just call the front desk and have someone come and change the light bulb?

That would lead you to the 15 posts saying how over worked the ships staff are already without having to do extra duty changeing your lighbulb. *LOL*

That would lead you to the 15 posts saying how over worked the ships staff are already without having to do extra duty changeing your lighbulb. *LOL*

How much do you tip a light bulb changer? Is it double for two bulbs, or less since the person only has to walk to the cabin once and light bulbs are not very heavy?

Is it cute to tip with $2 bills or are $1 coins cooler?

When we were on the Norwegian/British Isles Cruise last summer, we tipped with Euros instead of dollars...

...he didn't seem to mind.

(and we left the light bulbs behind for the next passengers)

OMGosh - You guys are SO funny. Usually I get bored w' 4 pages in a thread, but this is good! ( I skip the thread when it gets to the posts that are the "touchy-feely" - You're not being nice, let's all get along, or the angry flamers). But this is a laugh!

Bepsf: As to the "thrill up the leg", I'm still chuckling! Chris Matthews! Too Funny!!:p:D

Thanks for the entertainment!:):)

When we were on the Norwegian/British Isles Cruise last summer, we tipped with Euros instead of dollars...

...he didn't seem to mind.

(and we left the light bulbs behind for the next passengers)

I seem to remember three light bulbs on top of a table in the Northern Lights on that cruise;)

How much do you tip a light bulb changer? Is it double for two bulbs, or less since the person only has to walk to the cabin once and light bulbs are not very heavy?

I think that you would tip as much for two light bulbs as you would for one three way bulb.

What if you wanted a Halogen bulb? Those can get very hot and be pretty dangerous. Does requesting a halogen bulb warrant the same lecture as wanting to bring a candle or iron on board?

We are not settling anything here until Dutch By Association posts with the OFFICIAL word from Seattle on HAL policy.

THEN we can use up 7 pages asking each other "Why this policy, when XYZ would be soooo much more logical ?"

Which will get the inevitable responses explaining the "Profitability" of certain Light Bulbs vs. Whale Oil Lamps.

Which will elicit a photo circa 1952 from pipedreams.

Then usha will "Bravo" his post (with a "Mole" reference as well)

Provoking bepsf to remind us what happened on the inaugural of the Exotodam in Whositsgrad, Nambia.

Of course Ruth will have to agree "Yes, that WAS fun, wasn't it"

Hammybee will explain that on the Nextdam they will have self-changing light bulbs, but probably only in the DR at first.

Half of the subsequent posts will let everyone know what a terrible and fatal decision has been made.

The other half will state emphatically how well this change has worked on RCCL and/or Princess

Now it's about time for the poster who has to let us know what her TA from Duluth definitively said on the subject.

Copper will remind us that the boys in blue always have and always will change their own bulbs. It's an American Tradition

Boytjie will inform us that these Self-Changing "Lamps" are actually made in Brooklyn.

Someone will ask if with the new lighting will they still have to dress formal for lunch in the Lido on port days. (and do they still have to tip the same if they only have popcorn) {or bread pudding} <and would it be considered rude to carry their trays to the 9:00 PM show on the Boulderdam 37 day Galapagos sailing if they sat "discretely in the back">

A new poster will reference this link instructing us all to put it in the proper perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo&feature=related

After 16 pages of this : I will finally ask if any of you have ever actually "Seen The Light ? "

Archived