LIVE from the Pacific Princess; 28 days R/T Ft Lauderdale/Manaus/Ft Lauderdale

Pia1913

If they ask the same trivia questions on the second half you'll clean up for sure!

All the cruise staff have 10 new sets of trivia questions for these two cruises. They were working furiously last week to find new questions.

I've been hoping you'd be posting on this cruise! Hope you all have a wonderful time. My new knee and I just came home from the hospital on Wednesday, so I'm doing all my cruising vicariously for the time being. Tell Tina and Ken "hi" and we hope you win lots of luggage tags. :-) Kay

Pia,

If Nathan is doing the trivia, be sure to know the name of that night's and prev night's show. Names and ages of dancers will likey be asked atsome point. Lauren also used the ages.

We saw Don Ware the last night & he was very good.

We saw Don Ware last night and we really enjoyed him. Duncan Tuck is on tonight.

Thank you for also responding. That makes two that feel the beds are on the firm side. I know, I am a bed nut :), but did you notice if the egg crates are the old thick ones or the new 'almost non-existant' thin ones? That last cruise we sailed on in January about did us in with the beds, and I really am going to plan for the next voyage, if we can make the bed comfy, it will greatly improve the quality of the cruise for us. ;)

Pia, Thank you also for the reports!

Mine is on the thin side. This is only 2nd time we have asked for the egg crates so don't know how thick they once were. I'm sleeping good so I'm a happy camper.

Hi Pia, thank you so much for your "live" thread. Will look forward to travel with you as you share your cruise with us. You always do such a great job with the "live" threads and I will look forward to all your posts!

Hi to Donna and Tina, too! :p:p

Hi Lynda -- See you in Dec on the Golden:)

I was curious as to whether or not there was any major vibration on deck 7 - cabin 7102?

We're in 7085 and we don't have any Major vibrations. You can feel some vibrations. Have heard that some cabins at the back have more noticeable movement. Have noticed more movement on this ship then the larger ones. Doesn't bother us as we like this size ship.

I've been hoping you'd be posting on this cruise! Hope you all have a wonderful time. My new knee and I just came home from the hospital on Wednesday, so I'm doing all my cruising vicariously for the time being. Tell Tina and Ken "hi" and we hope you win lots of luggage tags. :-) Kay

hi Kay Glad your new knee is in and you are home. Won a Princess bag yesterday. Had 3 tie breakers and then the girl doing the Trivia decided to give the bags to both teams. We were told that the staff made up all new trivias for this cruise. Well, they don't coordinate very well about what game they are using. Yesterday, the girl had to run back to her cabin and get another game - the first two questions she had called were the same as the morning trivia.

Mine is on the thin side. This is only 2nd time we have asked for the egg crates so don't know how thick they once were. I'm sleeping good so I'm a happy camper.

Thank you. On the thin side means the new ones, the older type used to be several inches thick including the egg crate thingys. My bed questions have now been answered, again appreciate it. :) Enjoy your cruise!

And here I am again; it’s Monday March 30th. We haven’t had a time change yet, so I actually know the date and time.

We went to the wine tasting yesterday; very large turnout. I thought most would be Elites because of it being a freebie,and was surprised to see Elites were few. We don’t usually do this, but the majority in our group wanted to go. I did sort of smell/taste some of it, but mostly just ate cheese and crackers. We got these cute souvenir shot glasses; silver with Princess logo.

Oh Happy Day: We won trivia. And instead of the usual luggage tags they gave the tote bags. We gave ours to the team next to us who have been losing by one also. They were flabbergasted and so appreciative.

The show was the aforementioned comedian Don Ware. We had seen him previously and enjoyed the show. He works off/with the audience, so there’s something new all the time. At one time he was a writer for the Bill Cosby show.

As for today, we are now arriving into St. BarthelemySt. Barths), a French speaking island of 8 square miles located 15 miles SE of St. Maarten. Our port lecturer described it as being the French Riviera of the Caribbean. He also told us it’s an expensive place with 14 white sand beaches. Princess offers only a scenic drive, so you know there’s nothing much to see. I am typing this now and will post later if/when I have something to add. We have never been here before and need to tender in. Our entire time frame for this port will be approx. 6 hours from start to finish. Almost time to go, so will talk to you later.

We’re back. Returned approx. 11:30; spent about 1 ½ hours there. Nothing to buy since everything is ultra expensive. FYI, cheapest post card with stamp to send back to USA costs approx. $2.50. If you’re inclined, there is Hermes, Bulgari, Prada, Vuitton, Chopard……….just to name a few. Once you get off the tender you are in town; narrow and very short walk to see it all. Our friends and their spouses (Tina and Donna) decided to climb the hill to the lighthouse, so they can fill you in on those particulars when they log on.

We got back in time to win trivia and lucky us got two more luggage tags. Lunch at the buffet; yummy short ribs and spaghetti Bolognese. There’s a movie this afternoon in the Cabaret Lounge; The Changeling. We’ve already seen it, so will just relax and read on our balcony. This in itself is something different; slowing down long enough to do nothing.

BTW, from our balcony overlooking the harbor (we are on Port side) is the most magnificent sight. The bluest of blue waters, lush green mountains and A multitude of million dollar yachts. We are looking at a 5 masted yacht; ultra huge. Says Club Med 2. We were told that Bill Gates is here with his “boat” but haven’t seen it. Very few yachts are flying American flags; mostly British.

Entertainment scheduled for tonight is Duncan Tuck, “country to classical via comedy.” Don’t know what that means, but will check it out and decide whether to stay or go.

Gotta go……….later.

I was afraid of losing the entire post, so decided to do answers separately.

1. Chris - yes, Dos Equis is my drink when i do beer. Otherwise it's still black coffee and diet Pepsi.

2. MaryEllen - If your father in law had registed with our Roll Call, then yes, he was present because he would have picked up his name tag. If not, I can't be sure if he was there.

3. Fran - Caribill answered your pub lumch question and as for trivia, it's Tina, Donna, Mike, Ro, Murray and myself.

4. Shiba - Sorry, meant to say Chef's Table and I see Paul has already answered your question. As for coffee, it's YUK, whether in the diningroom or buffet. Same syrup. I don't drink it; always use my coffee card. Also, we do breakfast and lunch in the buffet. Went to diningroom for lunch yesterday, but that won't happen often.

5. Eagle - Don't know what info you need about Deck 4. We walked through it yesterday; seemed quiet. We have a balcony on seven, and I presume your deck's cabins will basically be the same, sans balcony.

6. Kay - wish you were with us. Regards to Jerry.

Until tomorrow, or whenever.

Hola Everyone!

Pia always does such a great live from thread, so I've left that to her..

besides I need to save my minutes to email DH and other important issues like booking cruises for next year (shhhh! I just booked Azamara Holy Land for 2010)

We are having a fabulous time and as soon as I boarded,

I exhaled and thought...aaaaahhhh I'm home!

Entertainment scheduled for tonight is Duncan Tuck, “country to classical via comedy.” Don’t know what that means, but will check it out and decide whether to stay or go.

We thought his show was excellent, unbelievable guitar player.

He will be outside the lounge after hawking CD's, if you get then chance tell him hi for me. :D

Donna here- St. Barths is lovely and very very pricey. A real lifestyles of the rich and famous. Walked to the top of the old Ft. Gustav - they've replaced the real cannon with fiberglass ones - everyone took pics with the cannon anyway, with ship and the old Windstar now Club Med 2 in background. Walked around the harbor, window shopping and gasping at prices then back to the ship. Sail away in a bit. On the recommendations posted here, will give the comic a chance tonight. Don't usually bother.

Not much more to add to what Pia's already said. Good start to our adventures - hope the weather holds for us.

Pia thanks for taking the time to do this. We will be on the Pacific Princess in August for only our second Princess cruise for the 2 week Alaska Itinerary.........I will follow this with interest!!:)

Jim

Archived