What kind of cabin will you/did you book?

Also, what kind of perks come with a suite on RCCL? I've only sailed an inside with them...

This matter has been covered so many times on the boards, you want people to read your thread, so I am surprized that you do not take the time to read others.

We're cruising 2/27/10 and in an RL suite. (Can't wait!!) I've been trying to figure out if the piano will be a "player" (such as the Yamaha Disklavier), or just a standard baby grand. Anybody have any insight on this??

Jeff

We booked the Boardwalk balconies, connecting 9725 & 9723, the 3rd and 4th cabin from the end...one for us and one for our young children. I thought this would be great to see a lot of variety of going on's on the ship...aqua theater, ocean, watch zip line, and of course to people watch...lol We are so anxious to see some first pics from these cabins...we are not the least worried about noise! :)

after looking at deck plan brochure I have, ur right, there are not any 4pp & 4pp connecting cabins. Mainly, like ours where 2pp in one and 3pp in the connecting, or 2pp & 2pp connecting. Would u have to have the connecting door? We have to bec/our children are twin 6 yrs old and a 7 yr old, so need the door opened between the two. And depending on budget for u, the Royal FAmily will sleep 8, but when we looked into it for us, the 5 of us was going to be about 11K, so the 2 boardwalk balconies connecting was a better option for us.

We love having an ocean view & balcony; finally tried a js on our last cruise and now we are spoiled....so we are in a js again, for our Jan 2010 Oasis cruise.

All those new balcony & suite rooms overlooking the Aquatheater, Boardwalk and so forth were tempting, but we so love the quiet of looking out at the ocean from our room & balcony, we went the traditional route.

Really looking forward to it & being some of the first to experience this new ship :):):).

--Mary

Hi everyone. Just like everyone I'm just as excited and looking forward to the cruise. My wife and I have booked for Feb 6 2010 the Crown Loft Suite. We figured we would splurge since she won free airfare to any place Westjet flew. So Heck here we come!!!! We look forward to the first few trips to read what everyone thinks in DEC. Perfect to sit back and watch some winter olympics while relaxing in the warm air.:D

Hi everyone. Just like everyone I'm just as excited and looking forward to the cruise. My wife and I have booked for Feb 6 2010 the Crown Loft Suite. We figured we would splurge since she won free airfare to any place Westjet flew. So Heck here we come!!!! We look forward to the first few trips to read what everyone thinks in DEC. Perfect to sit back and watch some winter olympics while relaxing in the warm air.:D

johnnybebad:

Come and join us on the Roll Call for Feb 6 2010. We have a list of about 100 so far. Here's a link to the last page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=831695&page=12

Decided if I was gonna sail and its been AWHILE, I would splurge on the Aquatheater Suite. My oldest will be turning 21 while onboard and my birthday will have just passed 6 days before, so we decided it would be a nice birthday celebration for us all.

I just wanted to get on this ship, so when bookings opened for C & A members, I booked a Cat Q (the "smaller" inside) for 1/23/10. I don't plan on being in the cabin too much anyway! It's kind of odd, though--when I look at Cat. Q's as if booking a new reservation, they are showing the Q at the same 172 sq. ft. as all the other insides rather than the 145 sq. ft. I originally saw. Probably an error on their part, but it would be nice to end up with the larger room as a surprise....or maybe RCI could upgrade this faithful cruiser?:rolleyes:

I'm looking at potentially booking Oasis (maybe Allure if it's not sig more $$$) for Jan 2010. What kind of rooms are you all booking? I'm really tempted at the Crown Loft Suite but can't decide if it will be worth it (usually do an aft or something similar type balcony - this will be twice the money!). I'm also too impatient to wait for reviews!!! I know there aren't many on board so I'm wondering if they sell out quickly.

Also, what kind of perks come with a suite on RCCL? I've only sailed an inside with them...

I want more pics and stuff. I'm getting tired of waiting... :) Figure maybe if I post about it, it will pass the time!

Thanks for your input!

angie

I'm sailing on Oasis 24 APR. I called to check on suites and was told that they start at about 6k for 2 ppl, so i opted for an ocean view balcony LOL..but the ocean view balconies are different prices based on location and whether they are connecting rooms. I got a balcony for 200 less than the one next door because that one was a connecting room. I was told that with suites, you get concierge service, and priority embarkment and dis-.. This is the main reason i wanted a suite, but not for 3k more than the balcony. Have a great trip..

We originally booked a Deluxe sea view Balcony and then moved to a D7 same sea view on Deck 11 .... checking prices yesterday we noticed that a D1 was available on Deck 14 and at less than we had paid for the D7 .... so having spoken to our TA about it she contacted RCI today and we got our move to Deck 14 in the D1 which has a bigger Balcony than the D7 and even with having to pay the £35 pp change fee it still cost less than our D7 on Deck 11 .....weird ! ..... :D

Archived