Recent Member Reviews - SKY

Exdamyankee

It never ceases to amaze me what people will post in a ship "review." Case in point is the latest member review of the Sky (IslandDiva 4/8). I am utterly convinced that some people live their lives with nothing more than an aspiration to become the World's Biggest Whiny _____.

Good God man, I empathize with *anyone* who has a lost luggage issue, it's happened to me more times than I would have liked in 30 years of travel, but when I read things like:

#3) The itinerary wasn't sufficient at all. We only had one day in Nassau. We wasted an entire day on NCL's private island (Great Stirrup), which consisted of an over populated beach with not enough complimentary beach chairs or beach accessories. I felt it was an absolute waste of my money

...I have to laugh. I can't believe a person wouldn't know their itinerary before they even booked a cruise. It's a 3-day cruise. How many days do you want in Nassau? It's a cruise ship, not a time-machine. Next time, call Doc Brown and tell him to remember the darned flux capacitor!!!

FWIW, I found GSC to be one of many highlights on our Sky cruise. The beach is beautiful, there's more than enough room and barring weather, if you can't enjoy a place like that it's *you*, not the venue.

#4) The all-inclusive food is a partial lie! All of the food that was included was cold, bland and an overall disappointment. Wait staff acted as if we weren't paying customers if we sent something back. All-inclusive beverages included warm tap water and unsweetened tea. There were no fountain sodas or juice. In order of us to eat well, we had to dine in the specialty restaurants, which required an additional cover charge. And to top it off, the bartenders made watered down drinks...and I'm no alcoholic!

I love this... "All" the food was cold, bland & disappointing? Sorry, not buying it. And of course there are fountain sodas, where in the heck do they fill up all those soda cups? Warm tap water? I recall there being plenty of ice in the water. And watered down drinks? Trust me when I say I know a thing or two (or 3? 6? 100?) about drinking and I can say that at every bar on that ship the pour was generous to almost over-the-top. Then again, I converse with bartenders, tip well and let them know they are appreciated.

Summary? Look at the last dozen reviews for that ship and tell me NCL hasn't done a bang up job with the Sky out of Miami.

Bottom line? No matter what you do in this life, what you get out of it depends a whole lot on what you bring in your baggage with you. And this is a prime example of a reviewer that appears to have brought her own boatload of bad karma with her.

'Nuff said.

I have to agree with you in quite a lot of ways... some people do go out of their way to manufacture a way to complain.

It always helps for people reading these types of reviews to remember that of the 1900+ passengers aboard any given cruise, there are few (if any) who bother to post a review (good or bad).

If things were as bad as some people lead on, then no cruise line would be in business anymore... and vice versa...

In all the cruises I have been on... I have yet to be on one that I didn't enjoy... which is why I continue to cruise :)

Some people simply get their kicks out of finding fault and expressing it in as allegedly sarcastic a way as possible. Happens here at least every other day. As a recent thread discussed, the sad and unfortunate result is that some naifs actually believe what they read.

Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002

Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002

Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003

Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003

Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

Norwegian Dream 11/07/2004

Norwegian Star 03/05/2005

Norwegian Spirit 11/19/2005

Norwegian Majesty Feb 2006

Norwegian Spirit Dec 2006

Norwegian Dawn May 2007

Norwegian Spirit September 2007

Norwegian Spirit October 2007

Norwegian Sun December 2007

Norwegian Jewel February 2008

Norwegian Spirit September 2008

Norwegian Dawn December 2008

Norwegian Gem Jan 3 and Jan 24 2009

Norwegian Sky April 2009

Norwegian Dawn April 2009

Norwegian Dawn November 2009

We really need to get on the Pearl! It's outta-this-world!

The first one really gets me...like you said how do you NOT know where you're going when you booked.....On a 3 day short Cruise you can only really get so many time in each port..book a longer cruise next time and study your ports before you book so you know what to expect in each port.:rolleyes:

A cruise is what you make of it!:p

I am wondering why you even want to drag this junk from the review section to here, except to possibly start a "contest" between the pro and con factions.

Just take a look at the page of reviews where this one showed up. Averaging the reviews for only this year and the Sky (for whatever reasons) garners an average of 4.28 ribbons (*'s) per reviewer.

That's not shabby.

So, why bring it up in this forum? Are there not enough controversial "reviews"?

Just wondering. :confused:

So, why bring it up in this forum? Are there not enough controversial "reviews"?

Just wondering. :confused:

I don't know John. Tough day maybe? Something just set me off, I guess. Under normal circumstances I have a pretty low "BS Threshold." This one just fired me enough to have to vent a bit.

Nothing more :)

I don't know John. Tough day maybe? Something just set me off, I guess. Under normal circumstances I have a pretty low "BS Threshold." This one just fired me enough to have to vent a bit.

Nothing more :)

It can be frustrating..I understand how you felt reading it.

I'm glad it wasn't posted on these boards. It would have caused quite a scene :eek:

Basically, you have to feel sorry for types like that...probably never happy with anything. And let's face it, someone who books a cruise and isn't aware of the itinerary isn't someone who's opinion of anything you could trust anyhow, right?

We are on the Sky 6/6 and I have been checking the reviews too. This one was crazy. I think they were mad that they didn't get FREE soda fountian drinks. Again, wouldn't you know that ahead of time? I think the Sky is going to be fun!

We are on the Sky 6/6 and I have been checking the reviews too. This one was crazy. I think they were mad that they didn't get FREE soda fountian drinks. Again, wouldn't you know that ahead of time? I think the Sky is going to be fun!

Let's hope so.

Basically, you have to feel sorry for types like that...probably never happy with anything.

One of my favorites of my mother's many expressions was used if I complained about someone being negative or nasty, she'd shake her had and say "More to be pitied than scorned..." It drove me crazy as a kid, because I did NOT want to pity whatever people I was complaining about. But at this point in my life, it makes so much sense and I find myself saying it all the time. Unhappy people are unhappy people.

well...you can bet after my B2B Sky 3/4nighters i'll offset the totally negative reviews with a blooming, complimentary review....kinda like the hull art on the Sky!

I love the hull art on that ship and I'm actually concerned that they might change the theme when she dry docks. Yeah, plumeria flowers are commonly associated with Hawaii, but I just think it's a handsome looking design and I hope they leave it alone!

I think you could find faults with virtually any ship if your *looking*...key word there....and some people go out of their way to do just that. I just can't live that negatively myself.:D

The Sky is delightful (!) and a wonderful way to spend a long weekend or enjoy a retreat with your significant other! I wish I lived closer because I think we would take it at least once a year. Airfare from Maryland to Miami can be a bargain, but trying to make something work with our schedules is usually much harder. :(

Some people simply get their kicks out of finding fault and expressing it in as allegedly sarcastic a way as possible. Happens here at least every other day. As a recent thread discussed, the sad and unfortunate result is that some naifs actually believe what they read.

Kettle, meet pot....

Some people just like to hear themselves talk...or in this case, complain. Guess what, something crazy is ALWAYS going to happen in life, whether it be at home, at work, on vacation, whatever. It is all what you make of it. I went on a cruise in February and when we arrived in Orlando, it was 32 degrees!!! Nassau was FREEZING because they were there in the middle of their coldest day in 5 years! I guess maybe I should blame Disney for not warning me in April, when I booked the cruise, that it was going to be cold the exact days I will be there. And then I am going to blame NCL when I go onboard the SKY in August and it will be boiling hot in Nassau! There is just no pleasing people.

I think I was behind this lady "diva" on the Sky, in the buffet line. No kidding. I said to my husband '"she'll be posting on CC when we get back!". For a cheap 3 day cruise, what do you expect? We LOVED everything about the cruise, ESPECIALLY the GSC day. What's not to love about blue sky, 85 degrees, water for jumping into if you get too hot (which we did all day long), excellent food and drinks, great band playing. :):) Life is good.

Archived