First Cruise of the New Itinerary a Good Idea???

NEW 2 CRUISIN

Just curious what everyone thinks....

I started booking a cruise on the NCL Star for Mexico this fall and then realized it was for their first week back from Alaska, I think.

Do you think it will matter that it's the first time back on the route as far as embarkation, port times, shore excursions, service availability, etc?

Would it be better for any reason to wait and go a couple weeks later?

Not sure it would matter but the question came to mind.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Hi NEW 2 CRUISIN,

Do you think it will matter that it's the first time back on the route as far as embarkation, port times, shore excursions, service availability, etc?

No, can't think of any issues at all

Would it be better for any reason to wait and go a couple weeks later?

Maybe a little cooler weather, but no other reasons I can think of.

Have a great cruise!

John

When my ship starts a new itinerary for the first time, there are usually several glitches on our first few runs. We don't know the local agents, officials, pilots, and tour operators, and they don't know us. The crew is not familiar with the area and many times cannot answer simple questions like; how much is a taxi, where is the nearest beach, how far to town, etc.

But the Star has been sailing the Mexican Riviera for several years now. It is unlikely that you will encounter any issues or surprises.

Altho it will be less expensive, the weather can definitely be an issue. We avoid Mexico in November after two fall visits proved cool,windy and cloudy. Much prefer the later winter and spring. However, Mother Nature can do her thing anytime.

When my ship starts a new itinerary for the first time, there are usually several glitches on our first few runs. We don't know the local agents, officials, pilots, and tour operators, and they don't know us. The crew is not familiar with the area and many times cannot answer simple questions like; how much is a taxi, where is the nearest beach, how far to town, etc.

But the Star has been sailing the Mexican Riviera for several years now. It is unlikely that you will encounter any issues or surprises.

Thanks to all for the replies!

BRUCEMUZZ hit on the things that I was thinking of initially. I was wondering if there would be any glitches or issues with port times or excursions as they settle back in.

It's true, though, that the STAR has been there before, so I'm booking!

All aboard the STAR this September!

Thanks again!

:)

Archived