Fall 2010 Schedules

CRUZBUDS

My understanding is that the Planners will be out May 1, and they will include all the routings for the year. They do not have detailed itineraries in the Planner, but once the Planner is out, the itineraries should be available, too.

I hope!

Do you find the planner on Hal's website?

I prefer the brochure style, so I'm waiting for the paperback version to come out. I just love to handle the booklet, and flip the pages back and forth. Or to open it to any old page and go "hummmm". :)

Without giving anything away, it's pretty much a given that San Diego will have:

7 day Mexican Riviera

10 day Sea of Cortez

15 Day Circle Hawaii

Additionally, there's been talk there might be a few longer options with at least one end of the cruise touching San Diego.

Keep your eyes peeled. Brochures aren't too far away, and the one you will be interested in, is called: "The Americas"

Without giving anything away, it's pretty much a given that San Diego will have:

7 day Mexican Riviera

10 day Sea of Cortez

15 Day Circle Hawaii

Additionally, there's been talk there might be a few longer options with at least one end of the cruise touching San Diego.

Keep your eyes peeled. Brochures aren't too far away, and the one you will be interested in, is called: "The Americas"

Can you give any hints about the Mediterranean schedule for May 2010? I guess the Oosterdam isn't going to repeat its schedule for this year and that's what I wanted. I might have to switch to Celebrity.

Bob

Can you give any hints about the Mediterranean schedule for May 2010? I guess the Oosterdam isn't going to repeat its schedule for this year and that's what I wanted. I might have to switch to Celebrity.

Bob

Yes, we want the May 2010 Med also...please give us some scoop!

Do any of you Holland America experts know when the fall 2010 schedules will be out?

We're anxious to see what Holland will be offering from San Diego.

For now (still not fully confirmed) the Rotterdam will be doing a 30 day Incan Empires out of San Diego on 10/23/10 and another 30 day South Pacific on 11/22/10. The Oosterdam will be doing 7 day Mexico, the Zaandam will be doing 10/11 days Mexico and 14 days Hawaii in the Fall, where as the Amsterdam will be doing a 12 day Mexico on 12/2/10 before it head up to San Francisco for her dry dock.

The Westerdam is doing one Venice - Venice on 5/4/2010 and one Venice - Barcelona on 5/16/2010 before the World Cup Soccer (FIFA) charter.

OOOOOOOOhhhhh! Both of those sound really good - we want something that includes Venice and hopefully Dubrovnik along the way. Thanks so much!

I would just like to see the fall panama canal iteneraries, want to book when on Noordam on 8/27, and would like to have my mind made up. Any suggestions on which HAL cruise is best? looking at at least 18 or more days. east to west or west to east?? want full transit and Costa Rica.

The Westerdam is doing one Venice - Venice on 5/4/2010 and one Venice - Barcelona on 5/16/2010 before the World Cup Soccer (FIFA) charter.
Venice - Barcelona on 5/16/2009 sounds like the itinerary that the Oosterdam is doing this year and is the one I want although I would prefer the other direction. I still don't see this on the HAL website. Can I book it now???

Bob

east to west or west to east?? want full transit and Costa Rica.

East coast to west means there will be three nights when you gain an extra hour sleep. West coast to east means you lose the same.

It may be less strenuous for you to get home from the west coast.

East coast to west means there will be three nights when you gain an extra hour sleep. West coast to east means you lose the same.

It may be less strenuous for you to get home from the west coast.

differences in the itineraries or are they the same? Have you done the Panama Ruth?? Which ship is the best in fellow CC'ers opinion?

differences in the itineraries or are they the same? Have you done the Panama Ruth?? Which ship is the best in fellow CC'ers opinion?

I have no idea what the itineraries are; I was just giving you one aspect to think about when you're deciding. East to west would normally be a spring cruise. At least there would be more choices of ships/itineraries then than there would be in the winter.

Yes, I did a full transit, but only because that was where the ship was going. I was on the final voyage of the previous Rotterdam, and didn't care about the itinerary---only that I be there when she sailed her final time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd still like to lock in my fall 2010 cruise (is that anal or what?)

There is still nothing from San Diego in the fall on Hal's website or several of the on-line agencies.

I called HAL and was told sure fall 2010 from San Diego is out. They are going to mail me a brochure.

That still just doesn't sound correct... why would they not be on their web-site? They aren't that bad at keeping their site up to date .. are they?

I left a VM for our TA. I usually find our own cruises and then tell our agent what we want. I'm generally a very low maintence client.

It has been our experience that HAL comes out with their schedules 14-16 months in front of the "season" for that area. For example, they just released Med 2010 in the last 10 days, and that was 12 months before the first ships arrive, but 14-15 months in front of the main season, as most of the HAL ships will be chartered out of the Med in mid June to late July.

The Fall 2010 San Diego season doesn't really start until about Oct 1 when the ships move down from Alaska. So 15 months in front of the start of that season would be about June 1.

I am with you on the wait, as I was eagerly awaiting Med 2010 cruises, and have already booked. And the teaser info we get here is great, but its just a tease!!!:D

Archived