What happened to good ol' common sense?

MSRA

SARS

Y2K

Avian Flu

West Nile

c'mon people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni,

You forgot about Lyme Disease! It's amazing we all survive anything! Anyone ever read the contents on a package of anything we eat? LOL:eek:

I'm guessing my initial plan of smuggling a pig back on the ship in my carry-on might not be a good one?

or, perhaps I can still do that, as long as I wash my hands?

:D

just trying to add some brevity to an intense thread... my wife and I are headed to Cozumel next week, and I figure we'll just play it by ear.

A lot could happen in 1 week - it could either by then be a really serious issue, or have evaporated into hype. Looking forward to the cruise either way!

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met:[1]

• Emergence of a disease new to a population.
  • Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
  • Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic, because the disease is not infectious or contagious

For up to date info visit: http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Toni,

You forgot about Lyme Disease! It's amazing we all survive anything! Anyone ever read the contents on a package of anything we eat? LOL:eek:

hmmm.. I thought about it but it's not contagious and I know a few people diagnosed with it the affects of it..

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a pandemic can start when three conditions have been met:[1]

• Emergence of a disease new to a population.
  • Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.
  • Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic, because the disease is not infectious or contagious

For up to date info visit: http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

Dont forget the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

I'm guessing my initial plan of smuggling a pig back on the ship in my carry-on might not be a good one?

or, perhaps I can still do that, as long as I wash my hands?

:D

just trying to add some brevity to an intense thread... my wife and I are headed to Cozumel next week, and I figure we'll just play it by ear.

A lot could happen in 1 week - it could either by then be a really serious issue, or have evaporated into hype. Looking forward to the cruise either way!

Best to play it safe, better spray the pig down with some lysol and a sanitizer rub down for extra protection.

I guess the good news is now my Mom has something new to freak out about. She's been convinced DH and I were going to get hijacked by pirates for a few weeks. Now she's forgotten about the pirates :p

Isnt that the truth. My Mom was on my voice mail at 6am to remind me to "buy lots of little bottles of hand sanitizer, you can put one in each pocket!" (I dont need to carry 2+ bottles at all times but Mom seems to think so, just in case I lose one! LOL!)

Emergence of a disease new to a population.

Agents infect humans, causing serious illness.

Agents spread easily and sustainably among humans.

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/

As it stands there are 40 non severe cases in the US.

I don't really understand why people are getting so freaked out about this. If you take care of yourself and follow some simple steps, which have already been stated, you will be fine.

Until the cruise lines say something, I am not going to worry about it.

Archived