Never been there and I'm never going back!

Karysa

I have absolutely no interest in ever visiting Dubai. China doesn't top my list, either, although slightly more interesting than Dubai.

If I never got back to Ensenada I'd not mind. We do have a stop there in October and, as usual, we'll just stay onboard the ship.

We'd also prefer a land vacation to Australia or New Zealand, but a cruise can take you to more places than a land trip would do. A good compromise is a few more land days, both pre and post cruise.

I feel about Nassau and Cozumel the way you feel about Ensenada. I have been to them too many times. I did get off ship in Cozumel my last cruise, but mainly to go to the internet cafe.

We are considering for our 30th a Princess round trip Los Angles cruise to Hawaii. I hope they still have it in 3 and half years! It does one stop in Ensenada, probably to have one port out of the US. I am looking forward to seeing it, since I have never been there!

I have no desire to travel to India.

I've always said I'd never go on an Alaskan cruise because living on the "frozen tundra", why would I ever go on a vacation where I had to wear a jacket? Having said that, if DH ever says he wants to go on an Alaskan cruise, I'll be there - anywhere I can be treated like a queen, have someone cook for me and take care of my cabin, is better than any day at work!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I'll never go on a cruise again which starts or ends with Miami or Ft Lauderdale Immigration.-jocap.

What happened,? I have always found Immigration polite, some of them have even had a bit of banter with us. We have entered the USA every year for the past 20 years or so and never had a problem.

I am also concerned about going to the med that borders that area of the world, plus I am nervous about Egypt and Israel.

As far as places that I have been that I have no desire to reutrn-EVER-Jamaica.

We went on a land tour to Israel, Egypt and Jordan three years ago. It was the greatest trip we have taken.

Very thought provoking question! I'll go out on a limb and put down one that no one has said yet... Darfur! :eek: I know, what are the chances, right??

Pretty slim indeed since it's about a thousand miles from the nearest coastline; even further to a routine cruiseport.

PS-DO NOT allow the Israeli's to stamp you American passport. They understand this and will gladly stamp a special piece of paper instead of inside your passport. You return the paper when you leave Israel.

I will probably never make it to Isreal, but wonder why you recommend this?

I will probably never make it to Isreal, but wonder why you recommend this?

There are countries that WILL NOT allow entry with an Israeli stamp in your passport. Most are in the Middle East, although Indonesia has been known to deny entry with an Israeli stamp. Just a precaution to prevent future travel problems, MUCH like getting a Yellow Fever shot for Brazil. No, you may not need it for entry into Brazil or for your particular cruies, but as I have posted so many times, there are countries that may deny entry without the International Vaccination Record when they see the Brazilian visa in your passport. China being one of them.

...China and India are definitely not on our list of places to see, and there's no desire for Mexico or South America, although I think it would be fun and interesting to go through the Panama Canal. When my wife and I talk about what's next, Mediterranean Cruises always seem to return as our top choices...

cheers,

the Imagineer

77d5928d4eb72ff882894f5186eef29a.png

ef79774882a7511046c8c00b4a3ffffd.png

aaafdfd5db4b464096de605b20ff3270.png

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

No flames, but just a thought though. With all the strange weather that you get in Kansas, why don't you move?:confused:

I like Alaska.:)

john

really not interested in Africa by either land or sea.

Would like to go to China and do a Med Cruise

as far as the middle east - been there done that and am still doing it ( it is only 102 today in Baghdad LOL )

Hello,

For those of you who for whatever reasons do not want to visit Alaska, you should know that Alaska has a summer season when the temperatures are in the 70s and low 80s. I have visited Juneau Alaska 4 times, and on all 4 days the temperatures were very comfortable and on two of these days the weather/scenery was truly wonderful...brilliant blue sky and sunshine.

Australia is, to put this simply, is a very interesting and fun place to visit. Sydney Australia has it all...beaches, parks, restaurants, culture, bars, nice hotels, museums, and very friendly people.

As for China, there is a huge amount of misinformation about this fascinating country. The people are some of the nicest we have met in many years of travel. Beijing and Shanghai are exceptionally interesting cities to visit in terms of their new and old architecture and historical sites. And Dalian is another city worth seeing because of the old (Russian and French) buildings and the new...Dalian is the Silicon Valley of China.

To answer the question, my one visit to Nassau Bahamas was enough. To me, while it is a beautiful place and the Atlantis is a very interesting and spectacular hotel, there is not enough for me to want to visit again.

Fred

I hate to say it because I'm sure I'll get flamed...But I have no intentions on ever going to Alaska...or anywhere else on vacation where the temp is below 80 degrees.

No flame here but you don't know what you're missing. Alaska is without a doubt the most beautiful and untouched place I've ever been. Of all my cruises . . . it's my favorite. My son lives in Kodiak, Alaska but much to his chagrin, will be leaving in August (he's a Coast Guard helicopter pilot and his next billet is headquarters in D.C.).

I know some of you won't agree but my wife and me flew to Tahitii a few years ago and cruised the Tahittian islands. They all look the same. Yes, the water is beautiful but it was about an 8 hour flight over there and thats along flight just to see beautiful water. There's absolutely nothing to do on the islands at all. So it comes down to "beautiful water for 7 days"!!!!!!! Needless to say after 7 days we were "bored" out of our mind. Never again.

Jamaica for me

I was not enthused at all on our last cruise when that was on our itinerary. I was even considering staying on the ship. But honestly it turned out to be one of our best port visits to date.

We've been to Nassau twice. Once was enough. One of those been there done that events.

Not sure there is anywhere I wouldn't go- unless it would be war areas or Somalia area.

I had no desire to visit Alaska or Mexico but after doing so and loving both I guess I will never say "never". Of course I would not want to cruise to areas that are not safe. Seeing the beauty that is Alaska and all the different unique areas of Mexico - even making a friend in Maz (Randi) I eagerly await the adventures (after we win the lottery).

This thread shows the beauty of cruising. Nearly every corner of the earth has been trashed by someone, but the same places are praised by othes. Since cruises go to much of the world (at least the parts accessible by water), we can all get our wishes.

There are countries that WILL NOT allow entry with an Israeli stamp in your passport. Most are in the Middle East, although Indonesia has been known to deny entry with an Israeli stamp. Just a precaution to prevent future travel problems, MUCH like getting a Yellow Fever shot for Brazil. No, you may not need it for entry into Brazil or for your particular cruies, but as I have posted so many times, there are countries that may deny entry without the International Vaccination Record when they see the Brazilian visa in your passport. China being one of them.

Thanks for the reply! Never knew that and now I do. This board is so great for the sharing of information and education.

really not interested in Africa by either land or sea.

Would like to go to China and do a Med Cruise

as far as the middle east - been there done that and am still doing it ( it is only 102 today in Baghdad LOL )[/QUOTE]

About the same as Laredo, Texas.

I lived in the Virgin Islands and would go cruise there in a second,the weather being much more comfortable than Miami or Mississippi. not so the Bahamas.I found it pretty dull. Loved Alaska but I think I'll leave Antarctica to someone else. I wouldn't want to cruise anywhere I might end up having to fight off pirates. Otherwise, put me on a boat and I'm happy.

as far as the middle east - been there done that and am still doing it ( it is only 102 today in Baghdad LOL )[/QUOTE]

About the same as Laredo, Texas.

Yeah but I bet nobody's shooting at you in Laredo.

Stay alert gunny!