recycling clothing among cc members

Marie--That is so very sweet of you! But I really don't want to chance it and I work out of a home office so no separate workplace to send it to...not to mention I have put on some weight and until I am back down to a size 8 or thereabouts I wouldn't dare take it. Thanks so much for the offer though--you are wonderful! Barb

Hi Barb,

Honesty is very important to me; you just made my day:). When you are ready to cruise, please let me know. I promise I will find a perfect dress or gown for you.

I was not going to say anything, but because of your post I am going to post it here. There were two ladies who have used a different name and address to get things from me. I put two and two together; I know who they are. They are definitely on my black list:(.

Take care

Marie

Edited by Porthopper101

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a new walking boot. It is UGLY, but I can walk and I can TAKE IT OFF :):):). I am a very happy camper. Yay!!!!

I shipped all the shoes and Christi's package an hour ago. The rest I will ship tomorrow or the next day. I had to get some boxes.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

So happy to hear about the boot, Marie! While I haven't had the foot troubles you have had, I did have the ugly boot when I broke my ankle a few years ago. For the most part it was wonderful, just one incident where i thought I almost killed the dog by clonking him in the head with it in the middle of the night...let's just say he never slept on the floor on my side of the bed after that, even long after the boot was gone! :o

I was not going to say anything, but because of your post I am going to post it here. There were two ladies who have used a different name and address to get things from me. I put two and two together; I know who they are. They are definitely on my black list:(.

Take care

Marie

Marie, that is so sad that people would have to stupe that low as to receive an item from you. It is so very nice of you to offer your items to others no matter what happens and what goes on in your life. Just to have others play games, What a shame. Please keep up the most generous things you do as we love you for that.

And you are correct - Honesty is very important. Lairs get nothing and nowhere!!!

Marie,

I know you have to be thrilled to have even an "ugly" walking boot! It has to feel so much better than a cast!

It's hard to believe anyone would take advantage of your generosity! I always feel blessed to see your post and be the lucky recipient of one of your items! I have been so busy at work the last 3 months I don't often see everyone's post until too late.

After my next cruise in November I'm going to pass on some if the items I have received so that others get the opportunity to wear them too!

Hugs

Kim & Larry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a new walking boot. It is UGLY, but I can walk and I can TAKE IT OFF :):):). I am a very happy camper. Yay!!!!

Marie

Happy to hear you got your "boot"! I had one years ago after having some foot surgery & had to wear it to work too! Took awhile before I could wear heels again, but all is well now. Take care, Marie.

Also, can't believe that anyone would take advantage of your generosity, that's just not right. :mad:

Marie,

I am so glad to hear that you got your boot!!! It has been a long road for you, now maybe you can see light at the end of the tunnel.:D

I am so sorry to hear that people would abuse your generosity like that! Wow! I always remember something my Mom taught us kids when we were little-"You will have to answer for all the things you have done in your life at the Pearly gates."

I hope everyone has a great day today.

Gerry

Marie, I'm so glad to hear you've graduated to the boot! I've had more than my share of them too, but while they are ugly and hot, they are soooo liberating when you get to that point.

I'm very glad you were able to put together the nefarious plans of two bad guys (girls?) and foil their plots! I agree, after my cruise, I'll be offering my dresses back (unless I think we'll be doing another cruise) for someone else to enjoy. I love that so many of us get to play dress up and feel like a princess.

Good morning ladies,

I shipped all the shoes and Christi's package an hour ago. The rest I will ship tomorrow or the next day. I had to get some boxes.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

I am so happy for your progression in healing! It's been 19 days since my shoulder surgery and I am still having horrible pain. I can't imagine what you have been through.

Very excited for my package to arrive :D Thanks Marie!

Marie,

Glad to hear that your foot is progressing and you are out of the cast.

Hopefully, the miscreants you mentioned will disappear from this thread like the last one you had problems with. If they don't want to play by the "rules", they don't need to be here!:mad:

Kathi

Good morning ladies,

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Hi Marie,

What wonderful news to hear that you finally received your walking boot and that you can now walk and take it off!! How long do you have to wear your boot? Please continue to heal and stay well.

All the best,

Cathy

Marie,

Glad to hear that your foot is progressing and you are out of the cast.

Hopefully, the miscreants you mentioned will disappear from this thread like the last one you had problems with. If they don't want to play by the "rules", they don't need to be here!:mad:

Kathi

"miscreants" ha ha love that word! It is a shame that there always seem to be a few "bad apples". Wish there was some way to "share" the black list so that the rest of us can avoid sending things to those folks.

Marie, Congrats on the boot!

Debbie

Should any of the recent posting referring to "miscreants" or "bad apples" be directed toward me please be assured I have not the intent to deceive or hide my identity. Any "rules" there are for this very unique and generous endeavor are not known to me . . . . perhaps they are "understood" by those who participate.

I apologize should I have disturbed the Karma on the thread.

Regards at all,

Michael

Edited by Wifflebat

I was not going to say anything, but because of your post I am going to post it here. There were two ladies who have used a different name and address to get things from me. I put two and two together; I know who they are. They are definitely on my black list

Good Lord. I never cease to be amazed of your class and generosity, Marie. But, sadly, I also never cease to be amazed by the levels to which some people stoop. Glad your foot is on the mend and I'm certain you're rocking your boot!

Good morning ladies,

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Yeah great news Marie !!

One step closer to walking freely again !!! and in the meantime bling up your walking cast :-) tons of fabrics and ideas for casts and walking boots :-) or if you have any artist friends maybe they could "decorate" it for you :-)

http://www.castcoverz.com/orthotic-walking-boot-cover/

http://www.concealacast.com/#!walking-boot-cast-covers/clz0

Have a good rest of your week ahead

Cat

Hi Barb,

Honesty is very important to me; you just made my day:). When you are ready to cruise, please let me know. I promise I will find a perfect dress or gown for you.

Take care

Marie

I am sorry that you have had that issue :( as you have been so generous to so many people :) ...

I am sure that all the ladies are thrilled when they receive a package from you Marie as your items are all so beautiful.:)

I truly believe in what goes around comes around and I know that with you generous soul you will be receiving many blessings your way.

Take care and God Bless

Cat

Hi Marie,

So happy for you that you have been "liberated", even if it is just to a boot. Why do I have a lot of trouble imagining anything looking ugly on you?? :)

KeithsKellie, I laughed out loud at your poor unfortunate dog. :D

Lynne

Should any of the recent posting referring to "miscreants" or "bad apples" be directed toward me please be assured I have not the intent to deceive or hide my identity. Any "rules" there are for this very unique and generous endeavor are not known to me . . . . perhaps they are "understood" by those who participate.

I apologize should I have disturbed the Karma on the thread.

Regards at all,

Michael

Hello Michael,

It is nice to have a gentleman posting on this board. I am happy to say it was not you.

Have a fantastic evening

Marie

I am going to the post office tomorrow or the next day. I though I will ship these as well.

I do not have a picture of me in the dress and I cannot find any picture of it online. It is a Ralph Lauren zise M. It is green color like the dress below, but the style is like the blue one.

9560014240_02dde8949d.jpg

9557224179_517967d936.jpg

These are New balance size 8. They are new, they look beat up because they have been in the bottom of my closet :D.

9559923440_325558c142.jpg

These are Skechers size 8, they also have been in the bottom of my closet.

9559925330_50c8b765c6.jpg