recycling clothing among cc members

That happened to me with a dress and pair of shoes from Marie. I feel so terrible about it (especially since she would not let me reimburse her for the postage) I've pretty much decided I won't ask for anything on here again unless I can GUARANTEE that I'll be home when the package is delivered. I travel a lot for work (and this year have been also traveling a lot to get my Iowa house ready for sale, thank goodness I have an accepted offer now so hopefully only one more drive up there for me) so that likely means no dresses for me until after I retire! :(

It's really hard to believe that people would do that when they have absolutely no idea what's in the packages.

I don't know where you work of course, but any chance you could have your packages delivered to your work? Or have the sender to include "signature required" on the package and pay that little bit extra when reimbursing them for their shipping costs.

CJ

That happened to me with a dress and pair of shoes from Marie. I feel so terrible about it (especially since she would not let me reimburse her for the postage) I've pretty much decided I won't ask for anything on here again unless I can GUARANTEE that I'll be home when the package is delivered. I travel a lot for work (and this year have been also traveling a lot to get my Iowa house ready for sale, thank goodness I have an accepted offer now so hopefully only one more drive up there for me) so that likely means no dresses for me until after I retire! :(

It's really hard to believe that people would do that when they have absolutely no idea what's in the packages.

Hi B,

This gown is not the same as the one you wanted. But it is BLUE:). It is yours if you like it. It is a David Miseter size 8. I can send it to your house or work, and I can request for signature.

9541382625_cdd5a7d86f.jpg

Hi B,

This gown is not the same as the one you wanted. But it is BLUE:). It is yours if you like it. It is a David Miseter size 8. I can send it to your house or work, and I can request for signature.

Marie--That is so very sweet of you! But I really don't want to chance it and I work out of a home office so no separate workplace to send it to...not to mention I have put on some weight and until I am back down to a size 8 or thereabouts I wouldn't dare take it. Thanks so much for the offer though--you are wonderful! Barb

Marie, I do believe you are the most generous person I know! Have a wonderful evening!

I have to agree wholeheartedly. I've never witnessed such unselfish generosity in a public setting.

Thanks Maria for setting a wonderful example for the CC world to follow.

I need to clean out closets. Both clothes and shoes. Who would be interested in sizes 14-22 and size 10 shoes? Might even have some med & lg tops. Seems like most women on here wears either a lot smaller or larger than these sizes and not many in the middle. Maybe it would be helpful to start a thread and give sizes that we are looking for?

I would love to see what you have!!! I am in your size range :)

Hi B,

WOW, that's a GORGEOUS dress, Marie. :) Hope you had a good wk.end. How is your foot?

Hi B,

I thought it would be perfect for DW on our U.S. Veterans cruise in Nov as it would compliment my AF Mess Dress - but she doesn't care for the exposed shoulder style! Darn!! Very nice though.

Michael

I love your dress! My sister is getting married In April on Victory and I'd like to feel adequately dressed on formal night. I don't know how else I could afford such a formal dress, as we live paycheck to paycheck. Meeting the cost for our family of 4 to go - saving a little at a time - is a huge challenge. But my DH and I did it last year and know we can manage it even with the girls this time by scrimping and using our tax refund $$. Anyhow, I know I would feel guilty spending a couple hundred on a nice dress when I could make do with black pants. Bo-ring. Thanks

Leaving Saturday to fly to England for our first transatlantic.

Taking some beautiful things I received from some of you lovely ladies.

Thank you!!

I'm soooo jealous! ;) A cruise just isn't in the cards for us before next spring. I'm going through withdrawls! :eek:

Have an EXCELLENT time! :D

Sorry ladies, I didn't get a chance to clean out my closets this weekend.....hopefully, sometime this week.

Hi there

I hope you had a great weekend ... I have trying to do the same thing and get some items posted but my hubby and I have both been trying to work as much as we can as we had to get a new car last week and still wanted to be able to go on our cruise ... so I am hoping to post some items over the next few weeks :) ... I am in your top range 20-22 so I look forward to seeing your closet also lol :)

Have a good start to your week ahead.

Cat

Hey ladies, I have been "lurking" for quite a while, and think this is a wonderful thing you ladies do, and I would like to be a part of it all. I have a few things to post , but have to wait for my DIL to come to teach me how. (I barely navigate cruise critic. :confused::confused:

I am not sure this will work, but I am "computer challenged", so this is the best I can do for now. If you cant see the pic I can email you one at granna.cruiser@gmail.com

Black Satin Lord and Taylor Jacket with silver and gold dots. I think a size 14.

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a new walking boot. It is UGLY, but I can walk and I can TAKE IT OFF :):):). I am a very happy camper. Yay!!!!

I shipped all the shoes and Christi's package an hour ago. The rest I will ship tomorrow or the next day. I had to get some boxes.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Good morning ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a new walking boot. It is UGLY, but I can walk and I can TAKE IT OFF :):):). I am a very happy camper. Yay!!!!

I shipped all the shoes and Christi's package an hour ago. The rest I will ship tomorrow or the next day. I had to get some boxes.

Have a fantastic day

Marie

Glad you are healing well and hopefully this is your last foot surgery .