recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Gerry, Debbie M and Sheri R.

I am not sure how that happened??? Your email went to the spam folder. I usually empty it without checking; I just checked and found your email. I have moved it to the Inbox; it shouldn’t happen again.

Marie

I am so glad you got the email Marie.. :)

Happy Walking I know you are thrilled..

Hi ladies, Have any of you used ginger tables for seasickness??

I haven't tried the ginger for seasickness but one day when I was still working I felt really nauseous. I didn't have anything with me to take. I did have a couple of ginger cookies in my lunch so I thought I might as well try them to see what they would do. Much to my surprise I felt much better fairly quickly.

I used ginger pills on my first and only cruise and we didn't get seasick!

Let me just say that I think what you all do here is so kind. I was able to give two dresses to someone through this thread and it was great!

I look forward to having more to post here once I have time to clear out some more clothes. I am plus size 24-26w, so haven't seen much I can wear, but I still like seeing all the pretty things you exchange. :)

I am so glad you got the email Marie.. :)

Happy Walking I know you are thrilled..

Hi ladies, Have any of you used ginger tables for seasickness??

I have a fear of getting seasick since we experienced it on our first cruise. I now take ginger capsules, chrystalized ginger and seabands with me and usually do not feel the movement.

I have tried the crystallized ginger candy, but, it didn't work for me. I use those ear patch things from my dr., Transderm Scop - I am lucky that I don't experience any side affects from those, so, they work great for me thank goodness! I have heard that green apples subside the queasy feeling as well, but, I haven't tried that. My mother in law wears "Sea Bands" bracelets, but they aren't very nice looking - so I'd like to see the "Queasy Beads" that someone on here mentioned - that might be a good Christmas gift for her for our upcoming cruise!

But hey, if Bonine is helping Marie lose weight, I may just try some on land!!

Bad news. Two days ago I used the self service machine when the line was too long to ship all shoes and Christi’s package. I just checked; you are not going to receive your package until next week. Sorry :D. I have your tracking number; email me if you want it.

Maureen, Margaret, Amy, Kathy, Judy and Kim. I shipped your package this morning; in person :), you should get it on Saturday.

M

Thanks so much Marie!! I'm so excited!! I'm so hoping it fits so it can get packed for my November cruise!! You are just the best!!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your healing continues in a positive direction!

Hugs

Kim

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was just telling someone the other day about my mom's remedy for sea sickness. When she immigrated by ship to Canada, many years ago, someone told her to have a shot of whiskey first thing every morning. It must have worked because she never experienced sea sickness. Or if she did, she didn't notice. :p

I drink ginger hot tea for nausea from cramps. They sell some really good ginger tea at Trader Joes. I took some with me on our last cruise and drank some at night and didn't need the pills I took ... bonus: I wasn't groggy the next morning. Sometimes those motion sickness pills make me completely loopy in the mornings after I take them the night before.

Kid humor: Just had a first grader tell me another kid had said the "F" word. The kid's defense: "No I didn't. I spelled it."

Friday, how I've missed you.:rolleyes:

Bad news. Two days ago I used the self service machine when the line was too long to ship all shoes and Christi’s package. I just checked; you are not going to receive your package until next week. Sorry :D. I have your tracking number; email me if you want it.

Maureen, Margaret, Amy, Kathy, Judy and Kim. I shipped your package this morning; in person :), you should get it on Saturday.

M

Thanks for letting us know, I will have to be patient for a little longer. My bf works for the USPS, I love giving him a hard time about their mishaps! :p

I drink ginger hot tea for nausea from cramps. They sell some really good ginger tea at Trader Joes. I took some with me on our last cruise and drank some at night and didn't need the pills I took ... bonus: I wasn't groggy the next morning. Sometimes those motion sickness pills make me completely loopy in the mornings after I take them the night before.

Kid humor: Just had a first grader tell me another kid had said the "F" word. The kid's defense: "No I didn't. I spelled it."

Our kids come back next week. Fortunately for them I don't work on a campus, but I hear a lot of cute things the students say and do. I think it takes special people to care for our children the way teachers do. Thank you for that!

I have tried the crystallized ginger candy, but, it didn't work for me. I use those ear patch things from my dr., Transderm Scop - I am lucky that I don't experience any side affects from those, so, they work great for me thank goodness! I have heard that green apples subside the queasy feeling as well, but, I haven't tried that. My mother in law wears "Sea Bands" bracelets, but they aren't very nice looking - so I'd like to see the "Queasy Beads" that someone on here mentioned - that might be a good Christmas gift for her for our upcoming cruise!

Mom felt a bit queasy on our last trip and tried the green apple remedy. She ate one bite and the feeling went away completely.

I love kids :).

We have an African gray bird. She is a fast learner and very talkative. My then 19 year old daughter was watching her while we were on our first cruise. When I picked up Misty the bird, I said” hi Misty" She said" what the **** happened" I said" Julie!!! What have you done?" Misty said" I didn't do it I swear" she still saying it.

Edited by Porthopper101

Google them, I'm sure you can see many examples. I chose custom colors for mine and the artist showed me a pic of one so I could make alterations if I wanted.

I love kids :).

We have an African gray bird. She is a fast learner and very talkative. My then 19 year old daughter was watching her while we were on our first cruise. When I picked up Misty the bird, I said” hi Misty" She said" what the **** happened" I said" Julie!!! What have you done?" Misty said" I didn't do it I swear" she still saying it.

Oh NO! I had a bird once who used to say "that dog is crazy" because he'd heard me say it so many times about my dog.

This thread has given me an obsession with looking at dresses and figuring out out to take more cruises!!! I found this dress on eBay and sure hope I can win it!

ImageUploadedByForums1377353528.348201.jpg.8277095172f36e918a1c0f68fa63c44c.jpg

I think it is so cute! Probably too young for me but what the heck you only live once!

This thread has given me an obsession with looking at dresses and figuring out out to take more cruises!!! I found this dress on eBay and sure hope I can win it!

[ATTACH]283825[/ATTACH]

I think it is so cute! Probably too young for me but what the heck you only live once!

WOW, that dress is georgeous! Hope you get it, if so send us a picture. Good luck. :D

Marie please be careful on the ketogenic diet. This is the diet used for epilepsy treatment but can send body into lactic acidosis unless carefully watched. The low glycemic diet is similar and not as dangerous. Just a thought as Clay has seizures/epilepsy as part of his illness and I know several kids or have been on it

This is a BIG THANK YOU to Marie! :D Just received the gown today & couldn't wait to show it off. It's just BEAUTIFUL & my DH loves it too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Marie for being so generous. Can't wait to wear it on our cruise in Nov./Dec. :) Would love to some day meet Marie in person.

20130824_135509_zps362f3f23.jpg

This is a BIG THANK YOU to Marie! :D Just received the gown today & couldn't wait to show it off. It's just BEAUTIFUL & my DH loves it too. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Marie for being so generous. Can't wait to wear it on our cruise in Nov./Dec. :) Would love to some day meet Marie in person.

20130824_135509_zps362f3f23.jpg

---------------

WOW .... what a great dress .... I thought you looked great in the Green dress donated by Marie earlier ..... but wow you look equally great in the Pink one :)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise coming up ....

Have a good weekend end and you are right a huge Thank You to Marie for her generosity for donating her beautiful dresses

Take care

Cat