Won't switch Cruise Deposit

Hi,

Anyone know why Royal will not switch a cruise deposit to a new booking?

I was on hold for a while trying to find out if I cancelled my wow sale cruise to a newer ship with a code I got in an e-mail that would save me and extra 100.00 off, The rep said no, had to cancel and rebook, and pay for another deposit.

Royal said it would be 3-5 days for the refund to show up on my credit card, is that true or does it take longer?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was on hold for a while trying to find out if I cancelled my wow sale cruise to a newer ship with a code I got in an e-mail that would save me and extra 100.00 off, The rep said no, had to cancel and rebook, and pay for another deposit.

Royal said it would be 3-5 days for the refund to show up on my credit card, is that true or does it take longer?

Thanks!

I have always been able to transfer deposits before, but I've never booked a (not-so) WOW sale. I am guessing that it's a requirement of that particular type of booking.

Since you are charging the deposit on a credit card anyway, does it really make a difference?

Fast responses..

It did make a difference when my statement date ends today, and the credit won't be on the statement, I just am waiting a few days to book freedom of the seas. I just didn't understand why they wouldn't let me transfer the deposit.

I am making out better with the code they sent me, a 100.00 on board credit and 50.00 off per person, so saves me a extra 100.00 with this deal :)

Too late to call the resolution's department, cancelled the other one friday, and didn't book the new one yet.

Thank You.

Hi,

Thanks!

That is a condition of the WOW sale... they say in the fine print that it's non-transferable... normally you can transfer a reservation, but the WOW sale is one of the exceptions.

I don't think resolutions will make an exception... since it's stated on the offer.

3-5 days for the deposit to be refunded sounds about right if you are in the US... UK seems to take a bit longer.

Hi,

Thanks!

As to the second part of your question, RCL took less than 5 business days to credit my card when I had to cancel my cruise and switch to Princess. Really good, too, cause then my credit from RCL was on my statement where my Princess deposit was charged.

I didn't have any problem transferring a deposit on a RCL cruise to a Celebrity cruise. Maybe being Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity made a difference?

I seiously doubt that just being a "diamond" or "elite" would make any difference. They should be able to transfer regardless of status.

MINIDRVR- On a wow sale you can keep the same reservationa and switch to any ship and date, but not if it is another discount code.

Montgomeryfamily, I did get a e-mail code, it was for certain ships and it was the one I wanted switch too or just would of kept the Wow deal and switch to the Freedom of the seas.....

PJPurple6, did you sign up for anything to be able to get the email, or did it just come unexpectedly? We have some flexibility in our cruises/dates and if there is somewhere to sign up for offers, I'd like to do that. We are registered on-line for Crown and Anchor, but perhaps I've missed something.

Kathy

Kacruiser@sbcglobal.net

I seiously doubt that just being a "diamond" or "elite" would make any difference. They should be able to transfer regardless of status.

You are so correct. I am a lowly Platinum member and had no trouble transferring a cruise from one date to another. Even the months were different. Of course I was on the same ship so I don't know if that made any difference.

Kathy,

I just got a e-mail that had a code and when I called up and gave them the code, they had trouble seeing it and asked what deal was it, and had me on hold once again! I had to e-mail them the deal.

A few days after , I saw under limited deals on the website, the same thing, but didn't a code under it. Happy sailing.......

I just transfered my booking (was a wow sale with half deposit and $100 credit) to a new ship and date and had no problem whatsoever. However I did not try to use any other discount or coupon. I think that's where the issue is.

You are so correct. I am a lowly Platinum member and had no trouble transferring a cruise from one date to another. Even the months were different. Of course I was on the same ship so I don't know if that made any difference.

At first I was told by RCL that I would have to wait to get my deposit credited back after canceling a scheduled cruise, and then I could book on Celebrity. My TA took care of everything and Royal transferred my deposit to Celebrity for the cruise I wanted to book.

Archived