Broken link to Princess site?

cactusrose

Is anyone else having problems getting to the Princess site? When I try to go to Princess.com I get a message that the link appears to be broken. I don't have this problem with other sites.

Just got off the phone with Princess Cruises. Site is down.

Hey, maybe when the site goes back up we will all have been upgraded:D

How great would that be!!?? I've been trying to get on the site most of the afternoon. Will try again tomorrow :)!

They use mainframe iron to run their website with WebSphere Application Server. Their internal reservation programs are all 3270 stuff... basically ancient technology, but usually robust.

They use mainframe iron to run their website with WebSphere Application Server. Their internal reservation programs are all 3270 stuff... basically ancient technology, but usually robust.

Okaaaay. "Airport" (still the best disaster movie ever made) was on telly last night and your post reminded me of the scene with the teenaged passenger who notices the plane is turning around and asks the captain, Dean Martin, about it. Martin doesn't want to give away to the passengers that indeed they are returning to Lincoln, so he gives the kid some gobbledygook explanation about the movement of the stars and the rotation of the trapezoid and whatever -- total nonsense words, which the kid pretends to understand. Your post totally reminded me of Martin's lines in that scene.

Okaaaay. "Airport" (still the best disaster movie ever made) was on telly last night and your post reminded me of the scene with the teenaged passenger who notices the plane is turning around and asks the captain, Dean Martin, about it. Martin doesn't want to give away to the passengers that indeed they are returning to Lincoln, so he gives the kid some gobbledygook explanation about the movement of the stars and the rotation of the trapezoid and whatever -- total nonsense words, which the kid pretends to understand. Your post totally reminded me of Martin's lines in that scene.

It was...I have no idea what I'm talking about... :p No, actually, in layman's terms, Princess is using IBM mainframes for the majority of their internal systems. They have Windows on their PC workstations and use 3270 emulation (IBM mainframes used to have dedicated terminals connected to them that were called 3270's) to interact with the mainframes. The software that runs their website is IBM's WebSphere Application Server.

It was...I have no idea what I'm talking about... :p No, actually, in layman's terms, Princess is using IBM mainframes for the majority of their internal systems. They have Windows on their PC workstations and use 3270 emulation (IBM mainframes used to have dedicated terminals connected to them that were called 3270's) to interact with the mainframes. The software that runs their website is IBM's WebSphere Application Server.

Okay, you know what, I actually understood that. You should have been a computer professor; maybe if I'd had you, then I'd understand how to use all the features on my new laptop, which just sits there, smirking at me . . .

Seriously, back on topic: Princess, pull yourselves together! How can I obsessively check for upgrades if your site is going to be down??

Archived