New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

Complementary Persian Garden in port? Not sure yet. May give it a go, especially on Caribbean cruises where I step into port for a quick stroll and then return. Depends on what is actually provided and how many are using it!

I would have preferred they not add this benefit, since it will make the Persian Gardens more crowded. I prefer to pay for a more exclusive experience.

Yawn. Nothing here to get so excited about, and certainly nothing here important enough to make me want to choose Celebrity over another line if everything else is comparable. The perks are miniscule compared to the total cost of a cruise. Sort of like driving 20 miles out of the way to save $1.00 on a load of groceries.

Rick

First, most don't pay for a cruise just to get the benefits being offered here, so it's not like driving a long distance to save a buck. As to the beneftis not enough to choose 'X' over another, I guess for many of us, we get the Elite benefits BECAUSE we like this specific cruise line and therefore use it more than other lines and reached Elite because of that. I'm afraid I see your point as putting the cart before the horse.

I use a specific hotel chain, airline and car company for business travel, but I don't use them at the exclusion of another if the 'other' offers a better price or is handier, but I do start with specific companies because I do get benefits that I appreciate.

With 'X' providing these additional benefits, many will look at 'X' as a starting point for a cruise. To tell you the truth, I did that before these benefits were added, and will continue to do so. But with the added benfits, it will require a strong reason to not sail with 'X' when comparing to another line.

That's how loyalty program work and why they work.

Denny

If we, as Sky Suite occupants, were to be closed off from the lounge, I would be more than simply "dissatisfied".

Captain's Club says that all suite passengers will also get the Michael's Club Lounge benefits, but I want to see proof in writing of that before we make final payment.

Why on earth would you not believe them??? What kind of "proof" do you want. It says all suite passengers. What do you want, a notarized invitation???

Sheeesh!!!:eek:

Hi Gillianrose !

Here is a link to the Press Release, from Royal Caribbean's website.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1305658&highlight=

Hi Andy. Thank you! The section regarding the lounge is most important to me, and it reads:

"For members interested in a quiet haven of their own, Celebrity is pleased to introduce the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club, exclusively for Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions each morning and early evening. The new Lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access.

Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to socialize with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

To me, this looks like one has to be an Elite member OR a companion of an Elite member, yet Captain's Club told me that suite passengers can use the lounge at the above hours and with the same benefits, even if they are not Elite yet.

Do you think Captain's Club is wrong in what they told me? Or, on the other hand, do you think that the wording of the press release or the coming implementation of the program will include Suite passengers who are not yet Elite?

There are so many specials on other lines now, and we don't want to pay for a suite on Celebrity and then not get this cool lounge access that someone paying for a last minute inside cabin who just happens to be Elite gets.

I much prefer the way Holland America uses their Neptune Lounges for suite guests.

I much prefer the way Holland America uses their Neptune Lounges for suite guests.

The Neptune Lounge is great but HAL does nothing for people who prefer cruising a lot rather than occupy suites.

My wife and I are headed out for Celebrity Constellation's 14 nights Scandinavia / Russia cruise and the 14 day Trans Atlantic following.

In reading comments, I saw mention of a embarkation party available to Cruise Critic members. Does anyone out there know about this? Or where I may go to find out about it.

Thanks , KELS

My wife and I are headed out for Celebrity Constellation's 14 nights Scandinavia / Russia cruise and the 14 day Trans Atlantic following.

In reading comments, I saw mention of a embarkation party available to Cruise Critic members. Does anyone out there know about this? Or where I may go to find out about it.

Thanks , KELS

There has never been an official Celebrity embarkation party. Just a CC party, usually on the first morning after embarkation day.

Thanks , KELS

Have you signed up for the roll calls. The August 22nd sailing is a Captain's Club reunion cruise and the crossing is nearly sold out. Both should have many posters that you can meet on line.

Thanks , KELS

Kels,

At the top of this page there is a statement in red type "Register to attend a Cruise Connection Party." If you click on that, it will take you to a link for registering the onboard Cruise Critic get-together for you cruises. You must have your confirmation number to register.

There is also another link in red type "Go to: Celebrity Roll Call Forums." If you click on that, you can get to the roll calls for all of the Connie cruises. Find your cruise and you can start communicating with fellow travellers. I took a guess on your cruise date and this link should take you to the forum. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868276&page=11

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Les

Hi Kels. Click on the link at the top of the page called "register to attend a connections party" and follow the directions. If enough people have registered for the party you will receive an email from Celebrity confirming the party and your reservation. Your invitation to the party telling you the date, time and location will be in your cabin when you board.

This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil

4pm is a bit too early to start drinking - but if it is free I'm sure I'll force myself.......:)

Hi Everyone !

FYI, I just recieved an email from Captain's Club, informing me of the new Updates. What I liked about it, was it had my name, Captain's Club number, Tier Level, and My Total Cruise Credits. It's nice to see the emails are getting more personalized !

Hi Everyone !

FYI, I just recieved an email from Captain's Club, informing me of the new Updates. What I liked about it, was it had my name, Captain's Club number, Tier Level, and My Total Cruise Credits. It's nice to see the emails are getting more personalized !

Thanks for the Heads up Andy.

I just checked our email and it gave the incorrect number, called Captain's Club and they had the correct number of credits.. I'm sure lots of calls will be made.

these new perks apply to celebrity sailings...what about azamara?

That's a good question.

I looked at the Azamara website and they mention Captain's Club with Celebrity's CC number. However the website has not updated the levels similar to Celebrity's site and a call to Captain's Club resulted in ... ambiguity. :confused:

A few more phone calls may be required before that issue is clarified.

There are so many specials on other lines now, and we don't want to pay for a suite on Celebrity and then not get this cool lounge access that someone paying for a last minute inside cabin who just happens to be Elite gets.

I know, I just can't let it go - no one 'just happens to be Elite'. We reach Elite by sailing 'X' 10 times on a short cruise in an Inside Cabin, or maybe 3 times on a 12+day cruise in a CC or above cabin plus one more cruise, or some combination. It's called a Loyalty Program.

Personally, I have no problem with someone who selects a Suite having access, whether they are new 'X' cruisers or what. But if you are put off by not getting the benefits of loyal cruisers, then use the line you usually cruise with, or build up your credits as the rest of us have done.

I have a feeling they will make room for you, and we will welcome you with open arms, even those that booked inside cabins.

Denny

I guess I may have to call the Captains Club as well. They have my DH down for one more credit than me:rolleyes: The good thing is they have me down for more credits than I gave myself:D

Denny -- I think I have to agree with you on that one.

these new perks apply to celebrity sailings...what about azamara?

A picture is worth a 1,000 words:

The email implies both Azamara and Celebrity

CaptainsClubImage.jpg

I know, I just can't let it go - no one 'just happens to be Elite'.

Denny, I think we must have been born under the same alignment of planets, or sign of the Zodiac or something...

Birds of a feather...

It's pretty much exactly the same as airlines;

AIRLINE: Access to our lounge is restricted to passengers in First Class and our elite members of our frequent traveler program.

CELEBRITY: Access to our lounge is restricted to passengers in Suites and our elite members of our frequent traveler program

Archived