New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

I think that Celebrity is getting our message. Give us something for our loyalty. I think these perks are a good start. Would love to see them have an elite plus status as I am getting close. Laundry option is very nice on a long cruise and internet mins are a plus. Looking forward to seeing what else is coming as I have 3 Celebrity cruises booked for next year.

Pat

I'm very happy that Celebrity has listened to us !

Hi Andy:

Your signature shows that you are in serious need of an update. Have you decided yet where you will be cruising this fall? It would be nice to share a few ideas in "our" lounge.

Great - good on you Celebrity - absolutely no criticism - just wondering how busy the Lounge will be, when those Diamontees at RCCL find out there are free drinks every night.:D:D

The Captains Club party sounds rather intriguing!!

Not long until our Maiden on the Equinox - so we don't have to wait too long to experience these benefits.

I am very pleased with the new benefits. It is a big jump from the previous package. We will wait for more exciting news in the next few months.;)

With respect to the following question:

Celebrity has specifically stated that tier credits are earned by sailing with Celebrity or Azamara Cruises. In the past, a RCI diamond member received elite status with Celebrity. Does anyone know if that has now changed?

The RCI reciprocity with Celebrity is still listed on the Crown & Anchor list of benefits, such as: "Receive matching Captain's Club member recognition when you sail our sister lines, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises".

Gerry

...I know DH will like the laundry benefit; unfortunately for him, I still like to bring every piece of clothing I own and change 5 times a day and he's still going to have to carry my suitcase. :D

Are we married?!?!

We start packing and concentrate on keeping it very light. Then as the cruise approaches, my wife starts 'adding' a few things she overlooked or re-thought, especially the, 'what if one day its 45deg, or what if it is 105?' Of course it's like a disease and I start adding a few more shirts/pants 'just in case' and then I try to move the suitcase!

The laundry could be a lifesaver, but we'll see. I think we'll just end up with the same amount but with really clean clothes at the end of the cruise!

Denny

I know DH will like the laundry benefit; unfortunately for him, I still like to bring every piece of clothing I own and change 5 times a day and he's still going to have to carry my suitcase. :D

Oh good I'm not alone. I was beginning to think I was the only one that changed 5 times a day on a cruise. It's the only reason I'm still married - so my husband can carry my suitcases.

We are both excited about the new benefits and can't wait to try them out.

Anne Maria

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I'm no longer seeing any reference to galley or bridge tours as a benefit of Select or Elite. This was the perk I was most looking forward to on my first cruise at the Select level. Am I overlooking it?

Also, most of you on this thread are Elite and may not have noticed that Select now starts at 5 credits instead of 6.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I'm no longer seeing any reference to galley or bridge tours as a benefit of Select or Elite. This was the perk I was most looking forward to on my first cruise at the Select level. Am I overlooking it?

Also, most of you on this thread are Elite and may not have noticed that Select now starts at 5 credits instead of 6.

I noticed that too

I did notice that also because it says Elite starts at 10 - not 11.

I'm wondering why they did that. It use to be you had to complete your 5th cruise then on your 6th you became Select and you had to complete your 10th cruise and on your 11th you were Elite.

The way it was done on our cruise, and it may not be that way now, was we were charged 90 minutes of internet time on our sea pass card. And later, the charges were zeroed out.

Princess does it this way, hope Celebrity does too.

So far I haven't heard any non-Elites express dissatisfaction with the fact that Michael's Club will be closed off to them a few hours a day for special Elite parties. What do you all think?

I'm an Elite, and I appreciate the changes. Depending on the particular cruise, there can a few Elite passengers, or a few hundred, like we found on Transatlantic crossings, and having a designated lounge to enjoy is an appreciated nod from Celebrity, to say thank you for being a loyal customer.

Denny and Anna Maria

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I don't know why, but all the free laundry in the world is not going to make me want to wear the same outfit to dinner on two different nights. DH thinks I'm nuts and he's probably right. But the only thing I love to do more than shop for new clothes is wear them. I consider it my contribution to the economy. ;)

This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

"This new lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access. Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil

The actual press release is not in the "press room" section of Celebrity's website yet.

Captain's Club (by phone today) says that ALL suite passengers (inc. Sky Suites for those who think Sky Suites are not full suites, but rather some junior equivalent like Royal Caribbean), regardless of Captain's Club status will have access to the Michael's Club lounge benefits listed above, not just those who are elite status.

So far I haven't heard any non-Elites express dissatisfaction with the fact that Michael's Club will be closed off to them a few hours a day for special Elite parties. What do you all think?

If we, as Sky Suite occupants, were to be closed off from the lounge, I would be more than simply "dissatisfied".

Captain's Club says that all suite passengers will also get the Michael's Club Lounge benefits, but I want to see proof in writing of that before we make final payment.

Melissa - I am not at Elite yet, and I am not bothered by this. It is nice for a complementary drink before dinner, and my use at that time of day would be just for a cocktail or a glass of wine to take to my cabin while I get ready to shower for dinner, which I suspect may not be their intended use. So for me, I don't feel like I am missing out on anything as I would not be staying in that venue at that time of the day for cocktails or socializing purposes. So even if I were Elite, I guess I would not be realizing the benefits since it does not fit my lifestyle while on board. Like some others, breakfast is a non event for me as well.

Good for X for taking the time to go for this, it has been a long time coming and I am sure that it will be well utilized. :)

(FWIW, I don't go to the CC cocktail parties either while on board.)

...Also, most of you on this thread are Elite and may not have noticed that Select now starts at 5 credits instead of 6.

I think they are using awkward wording and you are misreading it. It says that Select is for five to nine earned cruise credits. So, you don't reach that plateau until you have completed FIVE cruise credits. So, it still starts on cruise #6 if they are all single point cruises.

Similarly, Elite starts after you have earned TEN cruise credits. That hasn't changed from before.

I have been following this closely since we have nine points with a 3 point 16-night cruise coming up this fall. :( Still a day late and a dollar short.

Les

I guess I'm in the minority after all the hype and the supposed one year lead up to these changes. I just don't see many changes from the old Captains Club which was pretty much the worst of any major cruise line. Just as an example, they still have the old lame inside to inside and outside to outside stateroom upgrades. On the new ships, how many outside staterooms are there, why not come into this century and include Balcony's and suites.

Just not that excited... Sorry...

The actual press release is not in the "press room" section of Celebrity's website yet.

Hi Gillianrose !

Here is a link to the Press Release, from Royal Caribbean's website.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1305658&highlight=

Archived