New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

From facebook:

You're at the center of our attention...Share

Today at 9:25am

It’s new. It’s blue. And it’s all about finding more ways to celebrate you. It’s The New Captain's Club, the recognition and rewards program that puts our most loyal guests at the center of our attention. New features of the program offer more recognition, more service, more benefits and more value. From the Captain’s Club Celebration, a one-of-a-kind, exclusive social and entertainment event available only to Captain’s Club members while on our ships, to significantly improved Internet and laundry benefits for our Select and Elite tier members to a new onboard lounge exclusively for Elite members, we are offering you even more reasons to sail with us.

Hi Everyone !

To clarify, I asked the question about the 90 complimentary minutes for Elite Members, and here is what I was told :

Internet minutes are purchased in packages, so you will "buy" the 90 minute package, but will be credited back for it. It is NOT buy 90 minutes to get the free 90 minutes.

The bottom line is, from my understanding..... it's 90 complimentary minutes for Elite Members, and that's very good news.

The bottom line is, from my understanding..... it's 90 complimentary minutes for Elite Members, and that's very good news.

Okay, that's good news. Thanks Andy.

Arno, thanks for the posting from Facebook. We cannot access it from work (blocked) so I can't go on during the day.

Anne maria

Hi Andy,

Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a great day!!!

Anne Maria

Hi CruisingChick !

Thank you for the belated birthday wishes, and thanks to everyone on the Boards for your very kind wishes. I appreciate it, and I had a great day !

Hi Everyone !

To clarify, I asked the question about the 90 complimentary minutes for Elite Members, and here is what I was told :

Internet minutes are purchased in packages, so you will "buy" the 90 minute package, but will be credited back for it. It is NOT buy 90 minutes to get the free 90 minutes.

Sounds the same as the Princess package. You can "buy" the 90 minute package and basically get it free, or if you need a larger package you can be credited with the difference.

Agree with the 'buy this to get that', something we run into all the time as 'good deals', but overall, this is a good program.

We always look to see what we specifically will get out of some program and judge it by that. So from my perspective:

I use the internet some - not for business but personal - so the additional minutes is OK. Will lower my bill a bit. Not a real biggie since they already have the 20% for first day signup and then an additional 20% certificate - yes, can't use them at the same time.

Like the laundry bene. We are cutting down more and more so if we get a bag of laundry and a few dry cleaning/pressing services, great. Especially if the $20 a-bag deal isn't the last day or so.

CC Lounge - I intentionally stay at hotels that offer free breakfasts (I know, already free on ship!) and happy hrs, so to me, this is very nice. A good place to meet other 'X' addicts for a drink. Like the espresso in the AM.

Complementary Persian Garden in port? Not sure yet. May give it a go, especially on Caribbean cruises where I step into port for a quick stroll and then return. Depends on what is actually provided and how many are using it!

OK, that's my cut on it. Love bene's - realize it only saves a few bucks here and there, but I like the lounge idea to meet and greet. Any excuse/venue to meet new people with common interests.

Denny

THANK YOU, Celebrity! I, for one, am extremely excited about these new perks and thank Celebrity for listening to their loyal customers and adding new perks. The new perks sound great, particularly the internet minutes and laundry, and I imagine the lounge will be nice too. Sailing Celebrity is a "perk" on its own, but these additions will make it all that much nicer.

I'm a little surprised by the reaction on this thread. We wanted new perks for so long, and people have been asking for new perks for ages ("when are they coming?") - please, don't look a gift horse in the mouth here, everyone. Anything the cruiselines decide to give us, particularly in this economic climate, is generous and should be appreciated. Remember, it could be nothing.

So far I haven't heard any non-Elites express dissatisfaction with the fact that Michael's Club will be closed off to them a few hours a day for special Elite parties. What do you all think?

Except for the Cruise Critic Parties which are held in Michael's Club and a meeting place for Priority Tendering I am never in there. So to me it's a great use of the space.

I remember our first two cruises on Millennium it was always empty.

So I think non-Elites will not have a problem with it being closed off for 4 hours a day. Especially the morning.

Anne Maria

They are calling it "the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club".

So I would assume it's only open to Captain's Club Elite Members.

Unlike RCL which is a "Conceirge Lounge."

Of course, this could all be changed, who knows.

Anne Maria

Celebrity has specifically stated that tier credits are earned by sailing with Celebrity or Azamara Cruises. In the past, a RCI diamond member received elite status with Celebrity. Does anyone know if that has now changed?

Happy with the perks & even more so with the positve attitude being shown towards loyal cruisers!

We were planning to get an internet plan anyhow--last time on Sol. it was discounted if you bought it on day 1... It is still slow so 90 min is a decent perk. On a 10 day cruise with several days ahead in port-the laundry will be helpful----Also will try the PG on a port day! 1 free drink will be fine too

Also thanks for keeping us posted about facebook....not all of us participate in that...

So far I haven't heard any non-Elites express dissatisfaction with the fact that Michael's Club will be closed off to them a few hours a day for special Elite parties. What do you all think?

I think that Michael's Club was under utilized except for the occasional trivia gathering during the day. The new perks for elites in Michael's should not affect many passengers at all. I seldom saw anyone in the lounge on our sailings.

When we spent a week on Westerdam last November ( I confess, in a moment of weakness and no FLL home for a week, we tried HAL again) the ability to sip a coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino in the lounge without the constant traffic of other areas was heavenly.

Again I think the purpose of perks at different levels is to offer an incentive to live the good life (even better) by cruising more.

The RCI press release:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1305658&highlight=

and the teaser for what I expected:

"What we're rolling out today, combined with everything we'll be adding to the program over the course of this year, will add up to what I'm confident will be the best loyalty program at sea," Hanrahan added.

Great points!

I think that Michael's Club was under utilized except for the occasional trivia gathering during the day. The new perks for elites in Michael's should not affect many passengers at all. I seldom saw anyone in the lounge on our sailings.

When we spent a week on Westerdam last November ( I confess, in a moment of weakness and no FLL home for a week, we tried HAL again) the ability to sip a coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino in the lounge without the constant traffic of other areas was heavenly.

Again I think the purpose of perks at different levels is to offer an incentive to live the good life (even better) by cruising more.

That's exactly what happened on our Century cruise in June. The cruise started on 16th of June and I bought a $40 package (75 minutes + 15 free minutes voucher). The official "try out" of the new perks started on the 19th of June and the $40 internet package was immediately credited on my account. Great perk ! (just like the smoothies and espresso's in the morning and the Manhattan's and Baccardi cocktails in the evening...);)

Hi Melissa !

I'm an Elite Member. From my observations, I've noticed that Michael's Club gets little use during Daytime hours, especially on Port Days, when it's often empty. I feel the Captain's Club upgrade will allow Michael's Club to be better utilized.

I've been suggesting for years (both on Cruise Critic & to Celebrity) that Michael's should be used as a Lounge for their best customers, during non-peak times.

I'm very happy that Celebrity has listened to us !

A Celebrity spokeswoman tells us that the "blue" reference on Facebook had to do with the new Captain's Club logo. So it's not necessarily a hint to something coming down the line (unless they're REALLY trying to throw us off!)...

Hi CruisingChick !

Same here. I had no idea what the Blue statement was referring to, and I still have no idea :)

Perhaps the Blue reference will be part of the future enhancements that Celebrity is planning. We will have to wait and see.

1032901542_CaptainsClubLogo.jpg.39390cc6e8cfa890e983ca1660b01f74.jpg

If the internet minutes do not require a purchase, that is just great! On a transatlantic, it seems like there are a lot of times it would be nice to check out the home town news, so that will be a much appreciated bonus.

I also love the idea of the nice coffees in Michael's Club. Although we've always enjoyed the Cova Cafe on the Millie-class ships, having a spot available to get a free cappucino will be wonderful.

I know DH will like the laundry benefit; unfortunately for him, I still like to bring every piece of clothing I own and change 5 times a day and he's still going to have to carry my suitcase. :D

I for one am very happy about the new benefits and can't wait to experience them.

As for the: •Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

Is this in place of the Captain's Club Party (or same thing). As I don't see Captain's Club Party listed among the Existing Benefits. In any case, than how is that new?

Anne Maria

Hi CruisingChick !

I saw this in Celebrity's press release. This answers your question :

A highlight of the onboard experience is likely to be the Captain's Club Celebration. Soon available across the fleet, with the exception of Celebrity Xpedition, all members will be invited to this exclusive event once per sailing. Redesigned to be a highlight of every cruise, the spirited affair will provide the perfect opportunity to meet fellow members, chat with the Captain and senior shipboard officers, experience interactive cooking demonstrations, and enjoy the new "CC Jams" performance by a variety of shipboard musicians.

Archived