New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

wb3hyde

Sorry to those who wanted more or wanted different but we (my lovely bride and I) are thrilled. We use laundry, will use internet and love the Michael's Club deal. We also used to buy Persian Gardens and even if it is on port days only, that works for us. This will do exactly what it is meant to do, keep us sailing X and Azamara. I won't even think of going anywhere else (not that I was).

Celebrity has specifically stated that tier credits are earned by sailing with Celebrity or Azamara Cruises. In the past, a RCI diamond member received elite status with Celebrity. Does anyone know if that has now changed?

The question of reciprocy still remains unaswered. Its on the Captains Club FAQs but the link brings up a blank screen.

I hope they haven't taken this benefit away :mad:

Sorry to those who wanted more or wanted different but we (my lovely bride and I) are thrilled. We use laundry, will use internet and love the Michael's Club deal. We also used to buy Persian Gardens and even if it is on port days only, that works for us. This will do exactly what it is meant to do, keep us sailing X and Azamara. I won't even think of going anywhere else (not that I was).

I'm sitting here at work reading this (nobody :rolleyes: heard this), and I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be, than on a cruise, and the perks just make that so much sweeter. :D

The question of reciprocy still remains unaswered. Its on the Captains Club FAQs but the link brings up a blank screen.

I hope they haven't taken this benefit away :mad:

We are Diamond Plus and are listed as Elite on our Celebrity profile. Hope this means we will qualify for the new benefits as we always use the laundry and internet. The morning coffee will also be very welcome as we are not into big breakfasts.

Celebrity remains our cruise line of preference. It's not the only vacation we'll take, nor is it the only cruise we'll take. The new perks are a nice bonus for returning to Celebrity. Not an added incentive to go with Celebrity vs. the competition, but an added bonus should we choose X.

I am thrilled that Celebrity is acknowledging loyalty with increased benefits.

But I am also amazed at how many people are nitpicking the new benefits.

I always felt that you can please some of the people all of the time; & all of the people some of the time. But I now see that you can't please some people ANY of the time.

OK you elite peons in the inside cabins with 10 plus cruises on Celebrity; OUT OF THE LOUNGE!!!!

I'm sitting here at work reading this (nobody :rolleyes: heard this), and I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be, than on a cruise, and the perks just make that so much sweeter. :D

Yes, I'm addicted! I'm at work and keep sneaking over.

This forum is my fix and keeps me dreaming about cruising, which keeps me working so I can afford it. So in a way, this forum supports my work, right?? This thread now has 107+ posts and started early this AM. wild.

We keep holding off on booking a cruise for next year - have our B2B this Nov, but I don't think I can live without a cruise in the 'oven' after we get back. Was kind of comparing a Princess to a Celebrity for NE/Canada in Oct 10, but with this, we will definitely stick with 'X'.

The Perks are nice and looking forward to using the laundry more, and certainly the lounge. May even step into the Persian Garden which means I'll fall in love with it and pay to get into at at sea - the whole idea, and I love it!

Xellent - we need to cruise together! Of course we'd be banned after one too many 'funny' quips - at least what WE think are funny quips.

Denny

All in all it looks like a great improvement to the old program. Having just cruised in May on RCL with the Concierge lounge benefits for the first time (thanks to the reciprocal with X) these are some fun extras!! On longer cruises the laundry will be used and appreciated. While this may be semantics the wording regarding the internet is that the 90 free minutes "can" be added to a internet plan not that they "must" be added. We'll have to see how this is actually handled by X. Looking forward to our next X cruise.

Kevin (& Cathy)

Hey gang,

My DP and I are only Select; but we are still gratefull for anything else that Celebrity will throw at us as a discount or freebie! :p

We'll just have do do a few more 3 and 4 night cruises in Concierge Class to get the extra points!

I hope you Elite Members enjoy the special lounge; you have truly earned it!

I do hope they will have the bottled beer pass program mentioned in the Spring Captain's Club Newsletter in place by mid September.

Ummmm...beeeeer! :D

Pat

I just returned from a Princess cruise where there really were no repeat passenger perks so I definitely appreciate getting back to Celebrity especially with the increased perks!

Really?

What about the completely free laundry and pressing with no limitations?

What about the 75 - 200 free internet minutes depending on length of cruise?

What about the complimentary bar setup?

What about the 10% discount on shipboard purchases?

Add the many others, including most of what Celebrity offers.

Really?

What about the completely free laundry and pressing with no limitations?

What about the 75 - 200 free internet minutes depending on length of cruise?

What about the complimentary bar setup?

What about the 10% discount on shipboard purchases?

Add the many others, including most of what Celebrity offers.

Thats why we keep on going to Princess the perks are huge. You should look up the Elite Perks and compare.

We are Diamond Plus and are listed as Elite on our Celebrity profile. Hope this means we will qualify for the new benefits as we always use the laundry and internet. The morning coffee will also be very welcome as we are not into big breakfasts.

We owe our Elite status with X to our Diamond status with RCI and we received the e-mail announcing the new Elite benefits so I take that to mean that the RCI Diamonds will get these benefits. Any addition of benefits that we actually will use is a plus. We love our Princess Elite laundry benefit and will certainly use the more limited one on X. Our next cruise is on RCI for 14 days and I wish we had a freebie on laundry for that one. With all the lost benefits on RCI, its nice to see real benefits added by Celebrity...it will give Princess something to think about before reducing their benefits.

I am surprised that the Cocktail Party before dinner for Elite is the same as the old Diamond on RCCL. They had to change because there were too many people, and made it for Diamond Plus - except on the ships with a Diamond Lounge.

Not quite, on RCCL Cocktail party is 5pm to 9pm as I read it on Celebrity it will be 4pm to 6pm. This is not a complaint I prefer these hours better.

I am thrilled that Celebrity is acknowledging loyalty with increased benefits.

But I am also amazed at how many people are nitpicking the new benefits.

[/b]

Hi Richsea !

I agree. While I've been vocal about Celebrity's perks, it was because they were lacking vs their competition, and did not encourage loyalty. That is now behind us. Celebrity is taking the bull by the horns, and doing something about it. I'm happy.

If I may offer a word of advice, it's to be patient. It's clear, there is more to come. This is from Today's Press Release:

But these improvements are only the beginning. During the second half of this year, Celebrity will expand the Captain's Club with a variety of other new features, all of which will be announced prior to taking effect.

For me, just to be on a Cruise is a wonderful event. As the Loyalty benefits are improved, that's just the Cherry on top of the Sundae. I remain confident that we will be pleased with future Captains Club news from Celebrity.

Hi Andy! I agree 100%. I have made some disparaging posts in the past regarding the less than stellar, & in fact diminishing, perks of the Captain's Club. It makes me happy to see that they are finally listening to their most loyal cruisers. Are these new benefits perfect?.... of course not! But it acknowledges us at last!:D And it appears that there is more to come!

But it does get under my skin to read there posts from people who are upset that it's not tailored to their wants, or because of some perceived slight to them on the part of Celebrity.

Like you said, let's be patient & see how this all shakes out.

Thats why we keep on going to Princess the perks are huge. You should look up the Elite Perks and compare.

Add that to the long line ups at Princess check in, being #185 on the wait list for either early or late seating, the charge for juice at dinner time, numerous announcements..

In our experience, the base Celebrity product of food and service is superior to that offered by Princess. These new perks are a bonus on top of a superior product. We decided several years ago (after the long lines and wait list) that Celebrity was consistently better than Princess (except for the Pizza). Princess is a great product for Princess lovers but the previously better perks were not enough to draw us back.

We're happy with the new perks too. I just loved getting my laundry back so nicely folded etc. The Internet pkg will please DH. This next cruise will put us into Elite, so we won't have the lounge access until we sail again.

our next cruise is on the azamara and although the message sent included the azamara logo on it , seems the perks do not apply to it....makes me mad that they use the logo but do not honour the perks....very misleading...

the cruise is at the end of oct.....and if nothing changes by then, I will print the email with the azamara logo on it and insist they honour it....

yes it is just petty stuff...

My husband and I were very pleased to read of the new and improved perks for Captains's Club members. We always love our cruises on Celebrity but felt the HAL perks were so much better, now we won't feel this way again. I enjoy the laundry perks the most especially now with the luggage issues on airlines....anyway this is a great start for Celebrity to go to the forefront once again! Thank you Celebrity for providing your customers with extra special services for their loyality, we appreciate it and look forward to our next cruise with you soon.

jane

our next cruise is on the azamara and although the message sent included the azamara logo on it , seems the perks do not apply to it....makes me mad that they use the logo but do not honour the perks....very misleading...

Very good friends (from Toronto) are heading for Azamara right now and if the internet is free, they will drop me a line and I'll be glad to pass on the good news.

I am happy to see the new benefits we have been hearing about for over a year finally come about. On a whole, I think they are all positive, with one small exception. That being the evening hours that the Captain's club lounge will be open (4-6pm) Does Celebrity think that all Elite passangers take early dining? We prefer late seating and these hours would not be good for us at all. I wouldn't care to be dressed for dinner by 5 to get a glass on wine for free and then have to wait from 6 to 8:30 for dinner. I hope the powers that be re-think these hours.

That is the way I see it too. I had a look at the internet packages listed on the site and there is 75 minutes for $40 and 125 minute one for $60. I'm not sure if there is one on the ships for 90 minutes, but that would probably be for $50 and thus the $50 free internet minutes for the bonus 90 minutes that were rumoured.

To be honest I read them and wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be. Not a statement of disappointment because the ship and trip are the most important things to me, just an observation.

Phil

I just read the bit about more benefits coming soon so look forward to seeing those. Keeps the speculation going.

Hi Phil,:) not that it matters but I called Capt's Club today.

I specifically asked about these new internet perks and was told

its 90 free minutes for elite members. I was told that elite members

do not have to buy a package to receive the perk.

I am sure we are all going to find out soon enough when folks

go on their next cruises;)

Archived