When Does Fleetwide Menu Change?

salty dingo

It seems to go though periods of small changes every few months. The only time it changed drastically (and negatively IMHO) was when they brought in Georges Blanc! Fortunately most of that was UNDONE over time. Did any of you try "his" Escargot Bourguignonne? :eek: YUCK!!

Tom

Yes, the Georges Blanc change was very noticeable. If you are talking about the escargot in a puff pastry, I agree - not so good.

There was a time when I would never have considered eating a snail... but on a cruise it is time to be adventurous and I tried one. The traditional way. It was so awesome! How could anyone try and change what is perfect?

Anyway, I was under the impression that occasionally they do change the menus... not totally change them but maybe bring on some new dishes.

Does it change:confused:

I was thinking the same thing when I opened this thread!!! My first Carnival Cruise was in 1999. My last Carnival Cruise (2007) and I swear the menu items were the same. My wife even mentioned on the first breakfast day "oh, they have the same potatoes I like"

Oh well, its still all very good IMHO.... Some days, some ships better than others.

Maybe a better thread title would have been "menu the same for 10 years - what's changed?"

I hope they don't change what is truly good, but I'm sure there is room for improvement. Or from Carnival's perspective, room for "cost-cutting".

Anyone know when the next one will be? Is there a regular schedule for menu changes, or do they just tweak it from time to time?

Does not seem so. Just like the entertainment,it seems to never change as well.Want a change, sail a different cruiseline.:D

Steve

21 years, I've seen VERY little change, except for the number of courses, and the portion sizes.

The change is subtle, but it's there. Unfortunately, it's take-aways, never something new.

additions --good so far, since fall '06...deletes?..some bad...enuff to eat..always.. I dont have all those choices everyday of my life....I cruze about 8x a year and look fwd to 99% of the selections..can you say WCMC?????

I think they're in the process of changing them up (slightly, it seems) right now. We noticed a few of the changes between our January cruise and our May cruise (no more NY Strip if you're on a 7-day or less cruise...replaced with a flat iron steak. The beef tenderloin on the 8-night menu was replaced with the NY Strip. Also, a new soup, some reshuffling with some of the appetizers from other nights, etc).

I hope they change the menus soon more drastically. I'm kind of bored with them and many of my favorites were taken off the menu the last time they were really redone (Beef Wellington, Vegetables Princess, Wild Mushroom Ragout) so I don't stand to lose any more favorites LOL. I really wish they'd undo what they did to the filet mignon, though. It was fantastic on every cruise up to my second-to-last one and since then, it's been disgusting and abysmal, at best.

I miss the beef wellington. - out of style I know, but I liked it. But they have been serving some of the same dishes since the early 90's at least.

Hey, I'm with you! I so so so so loved the beef wellington! I figured I hadn't seen it around because we haven't taken a 7-night cruise in a few years.

But now knowing that I won't see it on the Splendor makes me want to cry.

We find their menus to be too traditional with so much beef!

Miss the Mahi Mahi terribly but did really enjoy the Indian Vegetarian Dinner :)

Not sure what you mean by too much beef...seems to me that each night they have a beef, chicken, fish, pasta, shelfish, vegetarian and other (lamb, pork etc). Sure, it has a lot of protein centered options, but that is typical for dinner food.

And to the poster who didn't like the hash browns - go figure. We love them!:D

I've only been on one, so I can't say much except that I was largely pleased with the food, except for some items that were cooked ahead, and tasted like it - fresh, I'm sure they would have been great. I had trouble getting medium rare steaks, but then, I always have trouble getting medium rare steaks. (I think there are maybe three cooks left in the known universe who understand the concept... :rolleyes: )

As for Beef Wellington, my spidey-senses tell me it is coming back into fashion in "the real world", so if they do update the menu I wouldn't be surprised to see it return.

Since we started sailing 3 years ago they have reduced the number of lamb dishes and seem to have eliminated the veal-my favorite. We really didn't care for the Wellington-last time it was made with a mushroom pate rather than a regular. It was pretty dry.

Still love the George Blanc Bitter and Blanc dessert. My favorite.

It seems to go though periods of small changes every few months. The only time it changed drastically (and negatively IMHO) was when they brought in Georges Blanc! Fortunately most of that was UNDONE over time. Did any of you try "his" Escargot Bourguignonne? :eek: YUCK!!

Tom

I agree Tom but boy we love bitter and blanc! Glad they kept that!!

Archived