Bar Set-up has been discontinued as of TODAY

cruiserr

:D

I received a phone call from the executive's office after emailing the CEO and she said that they've reversed the decision and are allowing the bar setup.

Thanks for the email addresses everyone. Book it now before they change their mind again. Thanks NCL!

:D

I received a phone call from the executive's office after emailing the CEO and she said that they've reversed the decision and are allowing the bar setup.

Thanks for the email addresses everyone. Book it now before they change their mind again. Thanks NCL!

Can I avoid emailing and just call and use my debit card right now?? Is there a number handy??

Can I avoid emailing and just call and use my debit card right now?? Is there a number handy??

Sorry, probably still the same procedure. I would wait a day to recontact them as it takes a little time to get the information back out to the Group/Event Coordinators.

PE

Sue, make sure you get a confirmation of that. I've heard where bar setups were purchased and not delivered. If you don't get a receipt from NCL, then print off your credit card statement. We've never had a problem. But, I've read where others have.

I haven't read all the postings yet, there are so many. If this is true, all they are doing in encouraging us to smuggle booze on board and yes, there are ways. As for ordering and having it not show up, many of us have had that happen, not only on NCL but other lines. In fact we have never had a problem with NCL, lucky I guess. Princess has pretty much discontinued bar set ups. You can order bon V gifts but instead of a liter or whatever they are little .37 liters and only make a couple of drinks, almost not worth it. Also by the time you figure out the cost for the little bottles it is really costly...

I had very good clients until a few years ago when they went to work for a cruise line, 2 of the nicest guys in the world and they would never think of cheating the company until Princess stopped the bar set up. they said, what I have said, no choice but to smuggle. What are these cruise lines thinking?

Nita

This is their public profile:

Total Posts

General Information

• Last Activity: Today 05:08 PM

Intereting that the account is 5 years old and this is the first posting. :D

I am almost certain I have seen them post like this at least once before. Perhaps it was on a thread that was deleted?

:confused:

According to the guy I talked to' date=' they were absolutely inundated with emails and calls.

PE[/quote']

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I emailed all the top brass and didn't get a phone call back. But, I'm glad someone did (you). I really hope they, in deed, HAVE reversed their decision. :D

That doesn't surprise me one bit. I emailed all the top brass and didn't get a phone call back. But, I'm glad someone did (you). I really hope they, in deed, HAVE reversed their decision. :D

I emailed all the top brass too and didn't hear back. I didn't provide my phone number but they have my email address.

I really hope they have reversed their decision too.

I emailed all the top brass too and didn't hear back. I didn't provide my phone number but they have my email address.

I really hope they have reversed their decision too.

I didn't supply my phone number either.

But, I did supply my Latitudes Number. :D

PE

Well done, NCL and Cruise Critic!

I knew that my loyalty to NCL wasn't misplaced and I'm proud to be part of a group that has such a strong voice. I've never ordered a bar set-up and really don't plan to (just a wino, me) however, it is wonderful that those of you that do want to still can, all due to the diligence of the CC'ers and the reasonable response of NCL.

Cheers:)

I sort of got a chuckle out this thread...until I wondered what I would do if they got rid of Virginia Slims on board at a bargain. Then I understood. I probably would have done the same. I am very happy for all you!

coka

I sort of got a chuckle out this thread...until I wondered what I would do if they got rid of Virginia Slims on board at a bargain. Then I understood. I probably would have done the same. I am very happy for all you!

coka

Now if we couldd only get them to give us a bar we can smoke in...:D

obviously you are talking about the ship sponsored pub crawls. not the game that someone posted here some time ago where you hop from cabin to cabin....it also utilizes playing cards.

something like that.

i guess you can also say they don't want their ships turning into a college party.

Yup, I was, and I really missed them on the Pearl. I'm glad to see I won't be missing my bar set up on the Epic... even though I felt like I could understand the decision, I was definitely disappointed!

WELL DONE EVERYONE WHO CALLED AND EMAILED, AND WELL DONE NCL FOR LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!! :)

Dear Cruise Critic members,

Sorry for any miscommunication with regard to the availability of our in room bar set-up.

After hearing your concerns and upon further reviewing the policy, it is available for booking.

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line

GREAT JOB listening to your customers

d man

Archived