Sugar-Free Desserts on Princess

bubbie617

I have read a lot on these boards about the wonderful food on Princess, but I've never seen any information on their sugar-free desserts. Does anyone have any to recommend or suggestion to stay away from? Do they serve them at the lunch buffet or only in the dining room?

We will be on CB at the end of August, and although I don't eat sugar, I enjoy treating myself to a sugar-free dessert occasionally.

Thanks in advance for the information.

We frequently have the sugar-free desserts. Some are good, some not so good. If you don't see them at the buffet, just ask one of the people in the line and they will get them for you. They are usually available in the dining room, even if not on the menu. Hubby likes the sugar free ice cream.

Every evening the dessert menu in the dining room will have a sugar free dessert. I do not know if they have it available at lunch in the dining room.

At he buffet you may need to ask for the sugar free dessert. They often do not put them out as they may be accidentally be taken by people who are not looking for sugar free.

My mom found the sugar-free desserts wonderful (no surprise there!). They were on the menu each day in the dining room and sugar-free ice cream was always available there, although it wasn't on the menu. I think that it was vanilla.

In the buffets, it seems like she always had at least one choice of sugar-free. She was VERY happy with so many choices, has never had a bad dessert!

I had a couple and they were pretty good. They seemed to offer at least one in the MDR and one or two on the buffet. You also always have the option of the cheese plate or fresh fruit (like mixed berries).

On the crown, they have the sugar free desserts in with the regular desserts--but they are clearly marked. There is a tiramisu and often a choclate mousse. I usually get the cheesecake. There are always jellos and puddings if you like them. No sugar free ice cream anywhere but in the dining room, but it is delicious. The dining room always has a sugar free dessert on the menu,

On the crown, they have the sugar free desserts in with the regular desserts--but they are clearly marked. ,

This is the same way it was on the CB. Usually it was only one dessert on the buffet a day, but once an attendant heard me tell my DH that I wasn't thrilled with the sugar free dessert on the buffet that day, and the attendant told me to wait, and brought me 3 different sugar free desserts to try.

The speciality restaurants also had a sugar free option, although I didn't try them since I'm not restricted on sugar, I'm just careful about how much I eat.

I've had a sugar free version of the chantilly swan on Princess. That's a cream puff with a little swan neck and head. It floats in chocolate sauce for the regular sugar version and strawberry puree for the sugar free version. I thought the sugar free version was better than the regular.

We were on the CB last year for the New England/Canada cruise. For every meal we ate in the Horizon Court there were two sugar free desserts. Sometimes there were three. I had two for every meal and they were great. As has been said they were clearly marked sugar free. You're taking your cruise the same week we did. You're going to love it.

Also, if the sugarfree dessert choice doesn't appeal to you, you can ask if there's another choice. Oftentimes there is an optional choice. It seemed to me that there were a couple of sugarfree desserts each night on the buffet in Caribe on the Ruby.

On the Emerald they had two sugar-free desserts in the buffet each day. They were clearly marked. Other cruises, if you didn't see one then you could always ask a staff member and they would bring some in a couple of minutes.

In the dining room, they didn't show a sugar free dessert on the lunch menu, but they would bring one on request with the other folks desserts. At dinner, as others have said, they had a different SF dessert each night. And you could always ask for sugar free ice cream to go with what they had (we had some vanilla and some chocolate while we were on board).

We had a few sugar free desserts on the Star recently and they were exceptional. I can't remember the name of one but it ended up tasting like a chocolate malt/milkshake in a pie form. It was excellent. I didn't order it but tasted a friend's and then promptly ordered it.

Archived