Free Embarkation Champagne Not So Free?

sc425

I just read a not so glowing member review of the NCL Pearl. The reviewer states that the "free embarkation champagne" was not free after all, but appeared as a charge on his final statement. Veteran NCL cruisers, is this true?

Thanks!

I have no idea how this person could say this. The champagne was freely given and you didn't have to show ID or your room key. This person MAY have bought a drink and claimed to be charged for champagne. I read that review also and claiming to be charged for champagne invalidates the rest of the review. I wonder if the whole review and trip was fabricated.

I just read a not so glowing member review of the NCL Pearl. The reviewer states that the "free embarkation champagne" was not free after all, but appeared as a charge on his final statement. Veteran NCL cruisers, is this true?

Thanks!

How are they going to know who to charge? They are handed out to everyone (of age) when you board. They never ask to see your card, only thing I can think of is that OP thought that you needed to go to the bar for your free drink and there is where he got charged. I have been on NCL 3 within the last year and never have we gotten charged for the free champagne.

Was on the NCL Jewel in May, and because there was a noro virus outbreak from the previous sailing, we never got a welcome champagne on embarkation. However, a few days later, we got 2 coupons for a free glass of champagne at any of the bars in lieu of the missed welcome drink.

So I don't know how or where this person got the impression the champagne was "not so free". I think somebody's been telling porkies.....

i have no idea how this person could say this. The champagne was freely given and you didn't have to show id or your room key. This person may have bought a drink and claimed to be charged for champagne. I read that review also and claiming to be charged for champagne invalidates the rest of the review. I wonder if the whole review and trip was fabricated.

d i t t o !

Was on the NCL Jewel in May, and because there was a noro virus outbreak from the previous sailing, we never got a welcome champagne on embarkation. However, a few days later, we got 2 coupons for a free glass of champagne at any of the bars in lieu of the missed welcome drink.

So I don't know how or where this person got the impression the champagne was "not so free". I think somebody's been telling porkies.....

They had lot's of interesting impressions like this one.....

Look out for reviews too well done, or too one sided, these are put on by the cruise companys to give you a rosey impression of a bad ship.

Well, I just read the "review" and all I can say for certain he/she was defiantly not an English major. Wow that was painful to read. :eek:

The thing about the reviews in the member review section that I hate is that they cannot be challenged. The reviewer is allowed to make any type of outlandish claim they want without having to defend their comments. Even outright lies are there forever as if they were the truth.

JMHO

He also claims the port of Embarkment was "Los Angeles". I did not know the Pearl left from there????? Our cruise in July left from Seattle. I was not able to find any other postings from the reviewer. Perhaps a new member.....I think not!!!

I can only assume that they ordered glasses of champaigne at a bar. Therefore they would have been "purchasing" them.

The welcome glasses are handed out as you come aboard and they do not take your sea passes.

BINGO. I bet you anything this is exactly what happened.

I can only assume that they ordered glasses of champaigne at a bar. Therefore they would have been "purchasing" them.

The welcome glasses are handed out as you come aboard and they do not take your sea passes.

But that's not what the reviewer said. There was specific reference to being charged for the glasses of champagne they were handed upon boarding.

LOL, at least he/she/they got champagne on their Pearl embarkation.

Hubby and I didn't get any...didn't see the servers and they didn't see us, evidently.

The servers may not see us this fall on the Dawn, but I'll be looking for them this time! :D:D:D

Archived