Can we still bring soda and water onboard?

Rstamper

There's really no reason to schelp water aboard, unless you're concerned about salt content or are hooked on the taste of an upscale brand. Princess' water is at least as pure as the bottled stuff, fits easily into an environmentally friendly refillable bottle, and it's free.

I agree that the ship's water is safe but also use a refillable wide mouth Brita filtered water bottle which is easy to add ice & water.

For anyone who wants bottled water, Princess has the option to pre-order 12 packs of half liter bottles through the Cruise Personalizer's Beverage Package option.

Bottled Water Package $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

While on my Island Princess Panama trip, one day the water coming out of the faucet in the bathroom smelled like fuel. I bottled some up and took it the passengers services desk and had them smell it. I was told they would report it, but I never heard a thing back.

I am living on a kidney transplant and cannot afford to be cavalier with the water I put thru it. For me there is no question which water I am going to drink while at sea, for personal safety reasons.

After smelling a strong fuel smell in the ships water, I could care less how safe others feel it is :eek:

(with all due respect)

Edited by MTJSR

I agree that the ship's water is safe but also use a refillable wide mouth Brita filtered water bottle which is easy to add ice & water.

For anyone who wants bottled water, Princess has the option to pre-order 12 packs of half liter bottles through the Cruise Personalizer's Beverage Package option.

Bottled Water Package $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

We have done the water package on every cruise- since its introduction. It is so much easier than schlepping... We drink the tap water on the ship, and take the bottles off for shore excursions.

We have done the water package on every cruise- since its introduction. It is so much easier than schlepping... We drink the tap water on the ship, and take the bottles off for shore excursions.

Exactly what we're doing in a couple of days...it's almost time for Island-hopping! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is there a limit on how many non-alcoholic beverages we can bring? Do they allow bottles of juice and soda or just cans?

Princess allows unlimited non-alcoholic drinks in any size of bottles or cans.

Edited by Astro Flyer

After smelling a strong fuel smell in the ships water, I could care less how safe others feel it is :eek:

(with all due respect)

Also with all due respect: I'm trying to imagine a mechanical malfunction that would send appreciable quantities of bunker diesel into the water supply.

If you are going to be snarky....it is "couldn't care less" not "could care less" :rolleyes:

I could never understand how "couldn't" is used mostly in British Commonwealth English yet 'could" is used in every part of the US I have lived in and makes no sense to me.

I could never understand how "couldn't" is used mostly in British Commonwealth English yet 'could" is used in every part of the US I have lived in and makes no sense to me.

When DH kept saying "could care less", I finally asked him exactly how much less could he care. He fumbled for an answer, came up with nothing, and switched to "couldn't"!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Princess allows unlimited non-alcoholic drinks in any size of bottles or cans.

That's great to learn, THANK YOU!. I thought-and am delighted to learn I was wrong-that it was canned soda only to bring aboard. I don't drink champagne or wine, so when I stay overnight near Sydney Airport, I'll be going to a Woolworths supermarket to get something for my tea, and bottles of Coke and Sprite will be bought so I don't need to leave my Window Suite after I've settled down for the night just to get a cold drink-I can get some ice out of the fridge and pour-my-own. I intend to buy the Soda and More Package again-very convenient and helpful when exploring the ship and I got thirsty, just consult the useful map they provide and head for the nearest bar!

I also learnt today, that if I need to transfer to either the Sea or Sun Princess, I can buy a Coffee Card and still get Ice Cream using a punch from the card! :D If the Golden Princess is redeployed away from Australia 2018-2019, I will need to look at either the Sea or Sun Princess to cruise on. It will mean going from a Window Suite to an Oceanview stateroom, BUT I CAN STILL CRUISE! Which is the most important thing! And it means a new port-Brisbane for me to learn how to navigate, never been there.

I will say it again, Cruise Critic members have the MOSTamazing talent for posting the answer to the very question that I had started to puzzle myself about! I've had 2 questions answered today-the Coffee Card may have been mentioned before but as I don't drink coffee, I may not have read about using a punch to get an ice cream.

That's great to learn, THANK YOU!. I thought-and am delighted to learn I was wrong-that it was canned soda only to bring aboard. I don't drink champagne or wine, so when I stay overnight near Sydney Airport, I'll be going to a Woolworths supermarket to get something for my tea, and bottles of Coke and Sprite will be bought so I don't need to leave my Window Suite after I've settled down for the night just to get a cold drink-I can get some ice out of the fridge and pour-my-own. I intend to buy the Soda and More Package again-very convenient and helpful when exploring the ship and I got thirsty, just consult the useful map they provide and head for the nearest bar!

I also learnt today, that if I need to transfer to either the Sea or Sun Princess, I can buy a Coffee Card and still get Ice Cream using a punch from the card! :D If the Golden Princess is redeployed away from Australia 2018-2019, I will need to look at either the Sea or Sun Princess to cruise on. It will mean going from a Window Suite to an Oceanview stateroom, BUT I CAN STILL CRUISE! Which is the most important thing! And it means a new port-Brisbane for me to learn how to navigate, never been there.

I will say it again, Cruise Critic members have the MOSTamazing talent for posting the answer to the very question that I had started to puzzle myself about! I've had 2 questions answered today-the Coffee Card may have been mentioned before but as I don't drink coffee, I may not have read about using a punch to get an ice cream.

I've received so much helpful information on CC and to me it's not so much Cruise Critic as it is Cruise Crazies. ;)

You may have confused the Carnival no bottles drink policy which are easier to refill with alcoholic drinks. I've read posts about creative ways to make bottles appear to be unopened which may be a bigger problem on Carnival's Fun Ships than on Princess. :p

The CC editors just posted an update on the new Brisbane cruise ship terminal which you may find interesting.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7433

Edited by Astro Flyer

Also with all due respect: I'm trying to imagine a mechanical malfunction that would send appreciable quantities of bunker diesel into the water supply.

We had a small hallway meeting with 2 staterooms and two room stewards also trying to figure out why the tap water smelled like fuel. Princess never reported back to me, even after I expressed my personal health concern.

My intent was only to report the situation on my Caribe midship cabin The blank expression at Passenger Services gave me the impression this has been reported before.