Virgin cruise lines

irishjim

Just wondering how many people will try this new cruise line in 2019,they have a great airline and a great rail network in the uk.I wonder how much it

will cost to sail with them as the air and rail is kind of high.I would love to try the cruise line but as a loyal HAL cruiser it would depend on a lot of factors.:confused:

Jim:D:D:D

Just wondering how many people will try this new cruise line in 2019,they have a great airline and a great rail network in the uk.I wonder how much it

will cost to sail with them as the air and rail is kind of high.I would love to try the cruise line but as a loyal HAL cruiser it would depend on a lot of factors.:confused:

Jim:D:D:D

I suspect it will be quite innovative like Branson's other projects. However, at my age, I can't plan anything beyond next Tuesday.

Edited by doublebzz

If he does it properly, good, large modern ships (i.e <10 years old or newbuild) and fully self managed, then I think it could be a success.

If he goes down the route of a chartered old ship with Virgin branding and retailing like some of the European tour operators have done, then it will be something to avoid.

Our youngest heads to college in 2019 so might be great timing for us. Of course at that point, we may find we have more time than money to spare :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by BlueMoon3669

Way too early to have any idea if it will interest us.

We'll be interested to watch and see what he does.

We are loyal HAL'ers but who knows who/what/where all those years from now?

Edited by sail7seas

We would be willing to give it a try. Perhaps they will be able to offer very competitive packages with air included due to the relationship with Virgina Airways and Virgin America. Who knows, they may create a venue on Richard Branson's Island off of Tortola.

How about an unforgettable "Shore Excursion" into Space on Virgin Galactic!

I am very anxious to see how this develops!

Hope they don't share the same outcome as "Easy Cruise"

I didn't get the chance to try easycruise but I liked the concept. No frills, no fuss, overnight in port.

I'd try this new one so long as it goes somewhere other than the Caribbean.

If the itin and $ is right, we sure will try them.

I mean why not?

As far as Easy Cruise, the economic world was just crashing at that point so any major undertaking then should've only been done if the corporation had the funds to go a year w/o making a sale.

Are we much better off nearly a decade later? IDK if better is the right word, maybe we just go used to the fact that bankers lined their pockets with our money. :confused::mad:

Derek

Why not?

Especially if HAL continues on it's current path of declining service and declining ship maintenance.

Sadly, the S and R class are at the end of their planned lifecycle, the options available are a) Major midlife refit b) Replace with similar sized vessels c) Replace with Pinnicle Class.... or d) Run them into the ground with minimal maintenance....

Option a or b is what most of the customers want, option c or d is what the beancounters want!