Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Roz: I googled Alan Buckelew and came up with the following:

email: abuckelew@princess.com

Corporate Headquarters
24305 Town Center Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

That sounds close enough to drive to and hand deliver a letter!

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin_cutie216 View Post
Roz,

so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending nothing but hugs and prayers your way!!!!
Cruisin_cutie - well Miss Cruisin_Cutie - I sat and "wasted" an hour yesterday reading your cruise blog! LOL!

Well done you for raising and training those puppies - I would find it so hard to hand them over, but I would know they would be going to help others like our friends on this board. And that would make it all worthwhile.

Old April 24th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine's Mom View Post
Roz
I wish i had some magic words to make you feel better unfortunately the don't exist, but i do want to know that i look several times a day to see how you are progressing and if maybe there is something i can do. I guess i just want you to know that you have a lot of cyber friends who love you.

Sending you a lots of love and comfort,

Barbara, David, and Bella

Roz - I wish I had magic words too but you have a band of "magic" doggy loving cyber pals who are circling round you with their prayers and thoughts and hopefully in some small way you can feel this positive energy which we all send you.

Brenda will love having the TV on - hey I even have it on for company if I'm ever in the house on my own - there is only so much "conversation" you can have with a dog before they roll over and fall asleep!

Take care and big hugs to you and Brenda and Horton.

BTW - I think Princess would have no argument that they could possibly win for not giving you your money back for your cruise, although I know that is probably way down your list right now.

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangeley View Post
I thought some family members went on that cruise I'm confused.

Thats nice they enjoyed your cabin.
I, originally, was travelling with my SIL who stayed back with me for support. I tried to convince her to go without me and my TA and Princess was going to allow her to invite someone to join her.....she wouldn't leave me.....I'm lucky to have such great support systems in family and friends.

Old April 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Cruisers View Post
Roz: I googled Alan Buckelew and came up with the following:

email: abuckelew@princess.com

Corporate Headquarters
24305 Town Center Dr.
Santa Clarita, CA 91355

That sounds close enough to drive to and hand deliver a letter!
You rock! Thank you so much Nancy.

I'm going to remind you and everyone else reading this. Have all your ducks in a row......Keep your marriage license, wills, all directives in ONE PLACE. So when a family member passes you can go to that ONE PLACE and get what you need!

Old April 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-of-roz View Post
I, originally, was travelling with my SIL who stayed back with me for support. I tried to convince her to go without me and my TA and Princess was going to allow her to invite someone to join her.....she wouldn't leave me.....I'm lucky to have such great support systems in family and friends.
Gotcha! You know I'm alittle slow

Old April 24th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Have all your ducks in a row......Keep your marriage license, wills, all directives in ONE PLACE. So when a family member passes you can go to that ONE PLACE and get what you need!
Noted! As I read it, I was thinking, is everything together? Will have to follow up on some of it.

Old April 25th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S. Cruisers View Post
Noted! As I read it, I was thinking, is everything together? Will have to follow up on some of it.
When my dear Mum left us, she had a briefcase in which she had kept all of the important stuff/papers in. She had shown me some years before, I think after my father died, and I, unsurprisingly told her "oh I don't want to see that for a long, long time!" Anyway, when the time sadly did come, it was great planning on her part as I was able to pretty much just hand it over to our solicitor. He did remark how organised she was! I still have that old briefcase, couldn't bear to part with it!

Old April 25th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Fairbourne: I also have a briefcase. The front half has Mom's papers and the back half is for grandson. The problem is when I take something out, usually I am running in 3 directions and "set" it down to be put up later! Or, with grandson, don't want to throw out the old papers, even though I have updated one's, so those move to a banker box. Then the hunt is on when I need it. I also have a folder with my dad and fil's papers in. Since they have passed, those are also in a bankers box, but in storage. I feel lost without them sometimes. I like to just look at their birth certificates.

Old April 25th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Cool Cruiser

Has anyone been to Atlantis in the Bahamas with their dog? The TA saw that pets were not allowed but service animals are if they are "registered". I called this morning and since we are only going for a few hours and not an extended stay, I didn't have to register the dog. Just wondering if anyone else has been there and if there was anything we should know from your experiences.

Old April 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
Has anyone been to Atlantis in the Bahamas with their dog? The TA saw that pets were not allowed but service animals are if they are "registered". I called this morning and since we are only going for a few hours and not an extended stay, I didn't have to register the dog. Just wondering if anyone else has been there and if there was anything we should know from your experiences.
We have been there with Wexler. We had no problems at all. I'm not sure what you mean by "registering" the dog. All we had was the Bahamas permit and no one questioned us at all.

Old April 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Good to know you had a positive experience! Thanks!

Register was the term the TA used. I guess it's like "registering" the dog on the ship. Just to let them know it will be there. We are only there for a shore excursion so it's just a few hours.

Old April 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Good to know you had a positive experience! Thanks!

Register was the term the TA used. I guess it's like "registering" the dog on the ship. Just to let them know it will be there. We are only there for a shore excursion so it's just a few hours.
I'm sure you already know, but you will need the Bahamas permit.

Old April 25th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Cool Cruiser

I sent the application in. I got a global forever stamp from the post office. I had never seen a round American stamp before! I'm curious to see which comes first, my kids' new passports or the permit!

Old April 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I sent the application in. I got a global forever stamp from the post office. I had never seen a round American stamp before! I'm curious to see which comes first, my kids' new passports or the permit!
I would bet on the passports!

Old April 25th, 2013, 08:08 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbourne View Post
Roz - I wish I had magic words too but you have a band of "magic" doggy loving cyber pals who are circling round you with their prayers and thoughts and hopefully in some small way you can feel this positive energy which we all send you.

Brenda will love having the TV on - hey I even have it on for company if I'm ever in the house on my own - there is only so much "conversation" you can have with a dog before they roll over and fall asleep!

Take care and big hugs to you and Brenda and Horton.

BTW - I think Princess would have no argument that they could possibly win for not giving you your money back for your cruise, although I know that is probably way down your list right now.
You're such a great person. If you ever venture to the west coast of the US please let me know I'd love to meet you. Your words are a great comfort.

I go to my first bereavement group this evening. I hope I don't scare them with my big Horton and my big hair!

Old April 25th, 2013, 08:10 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
You're such a great person. If you ever venture to the west coast of the US please let me know I'd love to meet you. Your words are a great comfort.

I go to my first bereavement group this evening. I hope I don't scare them with my big Horton and my big hair!
Oh! And, I sure hope you're right and Princess gives me some kind of credit for my missed cruise. Afterall, I am a frequent sailor!!!!!! Or, is that sailer?

Old April 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM
5,000+ Club

Okay, you guys are going to like this....I hope. I was driving with my children to drop some stuff off at the cleaners and it suddenly hit me and I said out loud, "Oh, My, I'm a widow!" My daughter said back to me, not missing a beat, "Mommy, you're not widow, you're big!" We laughed so hard my sad tears turned to happy ones and I almost peed my pants!!!!!

Okay, okay, you had to be there!!!!

Old April 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Yes, service animals are allowed. Some boat owners docked in the marina try to sneak their pets off the boats and into Marina Village or Harborside or Atlantis, so that is why you may be questioned by security/employees just to make sure your dog is not a pet (even if it is fully dressed in a mobility harness and pack with large "SERVICE DOG" lettering, go figure!).

Guests of Atlantis and Harborside must "register" (not a formal process) their service dogs with Atlantis when they arrive so an e-mail memo (with a photo of you and your dog) can be sent out to notify all security/certain staff that your dog is indeed allowed to be there and allowed access everywhere. It helps with access, as there were some access issues with some employees before they began doing this, so it is a good thing. They also ask for copies of the import and vet paperwork when you get back from seeing the Bahamian vet (I recommend Dr. Sands), which is required within 48 hours of your arrival in the Bahamas (cruises are excluded).

Old April 25th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default That IS funny!

Quote:
Quote:
Okay, you guys are going to like this....I hope. I was driving with my children to drop some stuff off at the cleaners and it suddenly hit me and I said out loud, "Oh, My, I'm a widow!" My daughter said back to me, not missing a beat, "Mommy, you're not widow, you're big!" We laughed so hard my sad tears turned to happy ones and I almost peed my pants!!!!!

Okay, okay, you had to be there!!!!
Well, at least you have big hair!

I'm so glad you're laughing! I hope the meeting is a good one for you.
Noordam May 9th R/T Vancouver spreadsheet

Next up:
San Diego to Vancouver, then Inside Passage

Cruise Countdown Tickers

GREAT MEMORIES: Zuiderdam Alaska Inside Passage (7 days) May 2013 ~ Zuiderdam Repo (4 days) May 2013 ~ Zaandam Mexican Riviera (w/ Loreto) (8 days) Apr 2013 ~ Oosterdam Circle Hawaii (14 days) Mar 2012 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Dec 2011 ~ Oosterdam Sea of Cortez (10 days) Apr 2011 (Mother/Daughter Cruise!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2010 (First DVS & Neptune Lounge!) ~ Carnival Spirit Alaska (7 days) June 2010 (aft-wrap!) ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2009 ~ NCL Star CTN (2 days) Nov 2009 ~ Carnival Elation Baja Mexico (5 days) Jan 2009 ~ Oosterdam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Apr 2008 ~ Golden Princess Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2007 ~ Monarch of the Seas Baja Mexico (3 days) Jun 2005 ~ Ryndam Mexican Riviera (7 days) Nov 2003 ~ Viking Serenade Baja Mexico (4 days) Apr 2001 (Dad's 85th B-Day!) ~ Maasdam Panama Canal (full transit) (10 days) Apr 2000 ~ Rotterdam Alaska (7 days) Aug 1997 (I'm hooked!)