Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I would think so Roz but I hope they did it with a sense of decency and "the right thing" as well. It was nice of them as I imagine they didn't have to do anything, but on the other hand I think that is the least they could do, as we ALL know the ship sailed with your cabin occupied and paid for - twice!

I hope you are now in a lovely big suite! :).

You know......my heart is not into cruising at all right now. I'm hoping by the time September comes around, I'll be so ready to cruise again.

I don't know if the sea will ever smell as sweet as it used to. :(

You know......my heart is not into cruising at all right now. I'm hoping by the time September comes around, I'll be so ready to cruise again.

I don't know if the sea will ever smell as sweet as it used to. :(

I know dear girl, and I was thinking that as I read your post, but you are doing the right thing in sorting this out, and taking small steps back to some sort of "normality" whatever the heck "normal" is!! You will always carry Morey in your heart and nothing's ever going to change that.

You will for sure be quite different when you next step on a ship, note I said when and not if! But it will smell sweet and you have, from what I have read, always loved when you cruise. I always find just looking at the sea quite cathartic, and I hope you will find that too.

I haven't sent you big hugs for a while, so here they are ..... Catch!:D

I know dear girl, and I was thinking that as I read your post, but you are doing the right thing in sorting this out, and taking small steps back to some sort of "normality" whatever the heck "normal" is!! You will always carry Morey in your heart and nothing's ever going to change that.

You will for sure be quite different when you next step on a ship, note I said when and not if! But it will smell sweet and you have, from what I have read, always loved when you cruise. I always find just looking at the sea quite cathartic, and I hope you will find that too.

I haven't sent you big hugs for a while, so here they are ..... Catch!:D

Oh! Fine! Eyes swelling-up with tears. And, you're so right about what the sea can do to the spirit. It has the very same effect on me. I love the smells, I love the sights and I mostly love my huge, floating hotel on it!!!!

I must admit.......I need every hug, right now!

Oh! Fine! Eyes swelling-up with tears. And, you're so right about what the sea can do to the spirit. It has the very same effect on me. I love the smells, I love the sights and I mostly love my huge, floating hotel on it!!!!

I must admit.......I need every hug, right now!

Sorry didn't mean to upset you ... Here's another hug ..... :)

Roz, You know Morey would kick your butt if you didn't go on that cruise. I don't want to compare divorce to death, but I was a mess. I had a 5yr old kid to take care of, no job at the time (I was a stay home mom). That was in 1990 and I'm still screwed up today. :D Somehow you just go on, just don't ask me how. September is a long time away and you will feel different by then. Besides you need it and deserve it.

Roz, You know Morey would kick your butt if you didn't go on that cruise. I don't want to compare divorce to death, but I was a mess. I had a 5yr old kid to take care of, no job at the time (I was a stay home mom). That was in 1990 and I'm still screwed up today. :D Somehow you just go on, just don't ask me how. September is a long time away and you will feel different by then. Besides you need it and deserve it.

Cindy, thank you for sharing your life experience....it helps me to find my new "normal" by hearing stories of how you coped through your divorce. Your a dear friend to me and I treasure you.

As you can see by the time.....I can't sleep tonight. It's been a rough evening for me.

Tomorrow the doggies and me are going to a birthday party...I'm looking forward to that!

Roz, did you go to the bereavement group meeting this week? How did it go? Were any other women there?

Marcia, I didn't go. I felt so badly about leaving Brenda alone for so long I went straight home after work.

I share my life and my saddness with all my colleagues at work, you guys and my family, you're all my group for now. I was starting to feel like I was stretching myself way too thin. For now, I feel my decision is the right one. Brenda is my priority for now.

Marcia, I didn't go. I felt so badly about leaving Brenda alone for so long I went straight home after work.

I share my life and my saddness with all my colleagues at work, you guys and my family, you're all my group for now. I was starting to feel like I was stretching myself way too thin. For now, I feel my decision is the right one. Brenda is my priority for now.

That makes 2 of us that can't sleep!

Whatever decisions you make will be right for you. I'm sure Miss Brenda was glad you were home. ;)

Today is packing day for my cruise. Yesterday I had my hair cut and colored, went to work for a bit, then volunteered at church. I can only pack a little on Monday, then I have a Mani/pedi, go to work for a few hours, then a massage to get rid of this tension in my shoulders. I have the dog's food, just have to find some time to go grocery shopping for DH. ;)

Can't wait for my first B2B!

Cindy, thank you for sharing your life experience....it helps me to find my new "normal" by hearing stories of how you coped through your divorce. Your a dear friend to me and I treasure you.

As you can see by the time.....I can't sleep tonight. It's been a rough evening for me.

Tomorrow the doggies and me are going to a birthday party...I'm looking forward to that!

Sorry you had a rough night. Just keep telling yourself that things will get better.....and they will.

Whatever decisions you make will be right for you. I'm sure Miss Brenda was glad you were home. ;)

Today is packing day for my cruise. Yesterday I had my hair cut and colored, went to work for a bit, then volunteered at church. I can only pack a little on Monday, then I have a Mani/pedi, go to work for a few hours, then a massage to get rid of this tension in my shoulders. I have the dog's food, just have to find some time to go grocery shopping for DH. ;)

I'm so jealous! Have a fantastic cruise!!!

Dobiemom - just wanted to wish you a wonderful, wonderful cruise. Will look forward to hearing all about it - we're off to Alaska soon as well! I am sure you'll be packing plenty of layers as I've been reading spring is late coming this year! Just like here!

Happy sailing ... :)

Well it looks like they are not going to let us have another dog. I'm very disappointed but I will just have to spoil Wexler alittle more. :(

That just not fair! Can we sign a petition??? I know rules are in place for a reason, but honestly sometimes, well, really!!!!

Cindy - can you spoil Wexler any more ??? ;):D :p

Hi Roz - Brenda is such an important part of your life and she needs you - and I can just imagine the warm loving "wag my tail off my bum" welcome home you got! I think that's worth hours of therapy sessions in itself.

I hope you have a lovely birthday party with the dogs! Sounds like just the treat.

Big hugs and some of them precious doggy hugs as well ... ;):D

Marcia: Have a great cruise! Is there any other kind?

Roz: Absolutely Brenda is the first priority! We are honored to be your support group! I saw a bow tie and cuffs for dogs on Petco's website. It said "One size fits most". The collar is 5.5 " around. That might fit Horty and Wexy's leg, certainly not their necks. Heck I think Jezzy Lou's neck is larger than that. I thought to myself "Most what? Itty bitty ones I suppose". Have fun at the birthday party, you will have your hands full.

By the way Jezzy Lou had to go to the dogtor a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately just a stomach bug. All antibiotics done and she is much better. Anyway, they weighed her and she is weighing in at 15 lbs. Her paperwork from when we got her as a tiny little peanut said she weighed 23 lbs. I never gave it a thought until this vet actually weighed her. Now I wonder if the shelter fudged on her weight just so they could get her spayed before we could take her home? I always thought she was way to little, back then. Not that it matters now, just something that makes you go "Hummmm".

Marcia, you're doing all the things I love to do to get ready for a cruise.....your first B2B how exciting. I'm so happy for you, please tell us how you liked it. This is one of the first times that were both not out on the open seas at the same time!

I wish you lots of fun and relaxation, dear friend. :)

Well it looks like they are not going to let us have another dog. I'm very disappointed but I will just have to spoil Wexler alittle more. :(

Oh! Cindy! I'm so sorry. I know you were hoping you could have a dog just for you. Looks like Wexy is going to get some extra, special loving from Mom!

Marcia: Have a great cruise! Is there any other kind?

Roz: Absolutely Brenda is the first priority! We are honored to be your support group! I saw a bow tie and cuffs for dogs on Petco's website. It said "One size fits most". The collar is 5.5 " around. That might fit Horty and Wexy's leg, certainly not their necks. Heck I think Jezzy Lou's neck is larger than that. I thought to myself "Most what? Itty bitty ones I suppose". Have fun at the birthday party, you will have your hands full.

By the way Jezzy Lou had to go to the dogtor a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately just a stomach bug. All antibiotics done and she is much better. Anyway, they weighed her and she is weighing in at 15 lbs. Her paperwork from when we got her as a tiny little peanut said she weighed 23 lbs. I never gave it a thought until this vet actually weighed her. Now I wonder if the shelter fudged on her weight just so they could get her spayed before we could take her home? I always thought she was way to little, back then. Not that it matters now, just something that makes you go "Hummmm".

I'm glad her stomach bug is better....but, that weight thing is very weird.

I don't know how much longer I will have Brenda in my life.....but, while she's here I want her life to be a good one. She's missing her PaPa and sometimes her sadness and longing for him is so obvious and very sad to watch! I don't want to play into it.....but, I can't help but love on her just a little extra these days!!!!

Hi Roz - Brenda is such an important part of your life and she needs you - and I can just imagine the warm loving "wag my tail off my bum" welcome home you got! I think that's worth hours of therapy sessions in itself.

I hope you have a lovely birthday party with the dogs! Sounds like just the treat.

Big hugs and some of them precious doggy hugs as well ... ;):D

She is so grateful when Horty and I come home and when we include her in our daily activities. She went along to the party and is exhausted this evening and sleeping like a "doggy-log!"