Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Roz. I am filled with sorrow today as I learns of your loss. I always liked your stories of Brenny and her "papa" the best. I am at the hospital with Rich. I am closing my eyes and my keyboard and joining all of our shared friends in silent prayer for you and your lovely family.

Roz. I am filled with sorrow today as I learns of your loss. I always liked your stories of Brenny and her "papa" the best. I am at the hospital with Rich. I am closing my eyes and my keyboard and joining all of our shared friends in silent prayer for you and your lovely family.

Sunshine - may I ask how your Rich is doing?

Sending hugs Roz and may your day get brighter with each passing hour.

Thanks to all of you for sending good wishes and I am sure Mae is with the Angels. Hospic did such a wonderful job of keeping her without pain or stress and did the same for the families. They made it so much easier for me and all the other families. They even provided our meals and that sure was a help.

For those planning a cruise or going, have a great time.

Good wishes and hugs for those I might have forgotten.

The day was incredible and beautiful and such a perfect tribute to my wonderful Morey. There was close to 100 people from every aspect of our lives together, many of whom knew Morey personally for over 50 years.

As my daughter stated it, "what a day!"

Fairbourne: What a wonderful idea. I too, will light a candle for dear Morey.

Trudy: So sorry for your loss of Mae. You are a great friend to be there for her. She did have family, in you, with her. Fly with the rest of the angels, Sweet Mae.

Nancy, thank you so much for your candle for my Morey. :)

Roz,

I remember you and Brenda from our 2011 Coastal on the Sapphire. I have been reading here as my husband uses a scooter on our cruises. Have been following along about your dear husband. I just want to say how sorry I was to read of his passing. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Hoping to see you and Horton in September on the Star.....

Cheryl

Cheryl, thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

My children are encouraging me to keep my cruise in September. My thoughts aren't on cruising, just yet!!!!

Sunshine, thank you so much. My life has been changed forever!

I hope your visit to the hospital with Rich was to keep him well.

The day was incredible and beautiful and such a perfect tribute to my wonderful Morey. There was close to 100 people from every aspect of our lives together, many of whom knew Morey personally for over 50 years.

Roz, I'm so sorry to hear of Morey's passing. I don't even know what to say. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Roz, I'm so sorry to hear of Morey's passing. I don't even know what to say. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Marcia, your lovely gift to Morey sits in my dining room and will always remind me of our times together as friends onboard a cruise ship. He still has the picture of the orange tree grove, he saved it in his files and I found it just the other night. Thank you for your much appreciated kindness.

I hope that Horton and I get a chance to meet you onboard a cruise one day.

Wow 100 people! It just shows how loved Morey was. We lit a candle at 4pm, 1pm your time and said a prayer.

You should definately go on your cruise, September is a long time away and you might feel different by then.

I just want to thank you for coming on here and letting us know what has been going on. We would have been terribly worried if we hadn't heard from you.

Cindy

Edited by rangeley

Roz - Cindy has said it all - 100 people that's quite a gathering. We lit our candle for Morey at 9pm. September is a long way away, you will just have to see how you feel nearer the time.

I hope we can continue to give you a little bit of "cyber" support during the coming days. :)

How are Brenda and Horton? I have been thinking of them often and I did tell my two "walking dustbins" that two very special doggy pals who live far, far away, have lost their very special Dad and they looked at me with those big doggy eyes, with that sidey on, quizzical look, with much wrinkling and twitching of brows, that all you doggy peeps will totally understand and recognise that look! I then got two great big slavering dogs trying to give me hugs both at once! What would we do without our four-legged pals?

Thank you for letting us know how you are - Cindy is right, we would have been worried.

Every time I light a candle, I will think of Morey. (Other times, too, but especially now). Roz, you are in my thoughts and prayers. The coming days will be so lost. I am glad that you have Ms. Brenny and Mr. Horty with you. They can be a huge comfort.

Take care of yourself.

Cindy - just watched the news. Hope you and yours ok. So awful for those involved. What is this world coming to.

We are fine. Alittle shook up but fine. It's just unbelievable. We are only 10 miles from Boston. Very scary!

We just got home from the hospital. John is eating McDonalds so he is fine. They couldn't take out the stone because it was in some wierd place that they just couldn't get. She is not to concerned about it as long as it doesn't cause him any problems. Thanks for all of your kind words. As you all know they are much appreciated and really do help.

Roz, love ya girl and thinking about you.

Cindy: Glad McDonald's is a good sign, for John! I thought the stone was causing John problems? I cannot even imagine there is a "place" they cannot get too! That in itself sounds painful! Hope he doesn't have to go back again. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Thank you all for your candle lighting for Morey. He would have liked all your support. He was such a "people-person!"

Brenda is so confused, she goes to his bathroom everyday and lays outside his door. She's sure he'll come out any minute...then she'll go to the front door, as if to make sure that if she misses him, he won't be able to get outside without her knowing it! I feel so badly for her. She visited him often in the hospital but when he was moved to a special unit the dogs were no longer allowed in.

My sadness is overwhelming me right now.

You're all right about September, it's very far away [right now.] I just can't imagine leaving Brenda right now [she always stayed home with Morey.] She's such a senior dog and I'm praying she has an easy time as she ages. And, leaving her makes me nuts.

Cindy, please give John a big, big hug from me. I hope he heals quickly and has no further problems from this stone.

Roz - ah dear Brenda - my heart is breaking for her, she is so loving and missing her Dad. I can hardly see as I write this, big tears. They have a routine and she's following what normally happens - "poor old wifie" as my DH would say. Wifie is Scottish for wife or lady. Give her and Horton big hugs from me.

I know how you feel about our animal pals as they get older, it's so hard to leave them anyway, but when they are getting on .... You'll know what to do when it is time to make a decision about your cruise.

Big hugs to you as well. Take care of yourself dear lady.

Now Cindy - I have never heard before of the healing powers of McDonalds! LOL! ;):eek: