El Cheapo Cruises Thread

It is still showing as available at the moment 10.25pm oz time. there are some great oz cruising companies you just need to do lots of googling. I couldn't convince hubby on this one but it was tempting as we have always had Norfolk island on our bucket list.

Found it. Thank you.

It is still showing as available at the moment 10.25pm oz time. there are some great oz cruising companies you just need to do lots of googling. I couldn't convince hubby on this one but it was tempting as we have always had Norfolk island on our bucket list.

Well done there Tara! I loved that bomb of a hint you dropped in there without breaking the rules :D ;)

We've snagged up one of the window guarantee rooms through that site and fingers crossed can go ahead with it, time off work permitting :rolleyes:

Wow - is that for a twin? Had a look on a number of sites but couldn't find it at that price.

I saw it for twin last night, but now it seems to be for triple/quad. We were very tempted, but really have committed to enough at the moment :)

What is Pacific Pearl like? We have only sailed RCI before (Celebrity about to happen), so have no experience with the other lines yet.

Edited by goodycruising

It should be 1 December i think. I looked at it. But decided it was too close to cruising with mum in December.

I think the Sun Princess 13 day cruise over xmas isn't a bad price. I got it slightly cheaper couple of months back with $180 OBC.

Yes, the 1st December qland/sth pacific is the right date as I will be on it.

Mmmm ok re pacific pearl, as long as you don't expect RCI and celbrity on a P and O then you will be ok.

I have done all, favourite being celebrity and about to go on the century again, however I have done P and O, RCI Celebrity princess and carnival, just about all the local ones. P and O is very relaxed, more family friendly, lots of happy groups of families and friends, often across several generations. Took the granddaughters on Pacific pearl and they loved the kids club. The bes.t entertainment we have experienced in the theatre has been on the pacific jewel. Also the best cruise director too but he has left P and O and now on carnival. The food was fine in the dining room, downside is that you are at a different table with different table mates and waiters every night, no opportunity to get to know table mates or staff.

I would happily go again on P and O, price and itinerary depending. As I have said in previous post I would have liked to go on this mutiny on the bounty cruise for the itinerary. However if itinerary and price were the same I would go celebrity without a doubt. The rooms we have had on P and O always inside have been the biggest rooms on any ship we have sailed including balcony rooms on century and solstice. We managed 2 adults and 2children no problem. In fact there was enough room between the bunks to pull down a mattress and put it on the floor between the beds for one of the kids. Granny wasn't too keen on climbing on the top bunk and children need to be at least 9 to use top. If itinerary suits you then go for it.

Edited by Tara Jane

Yes, the 1st December qland/sth pacific is the right date as I will be on it.

Mmmm ok re pacific pearl, as long as you don't expect RCI and celbrity on a P and O then you will be ok.

I have done all, favourite being celebrity and about to go on the century again, however I have done P and O, RCI Celebrity princess and carnival, just about all the local ones. P and O is very relaxed, more family friendly, lots of happy groups of families and friends, often across several generations. Took the granddaughters on Pacific pearl and they loved the kids club. The bes.t entertainment we have experienced in the theatre has been on the pacific jewel. Also the best cruise director too but he has left P and O and now on carnival. The food was fine in the dining room, downside is that you are at a different table with different table mates and waiters every night, no opportunity to get to know table mates or staff.

I would happily go again on P and O, price and itinerary depending. As I have said in previous post I would have liked to go on this mutiny on the bounty cruise for the itinerary. However if itinerary and price were the same I would go celebrity without a doubt. The rooms we have had on P and O always inside have been the biggest rooms on any ship we have sailed including balcony rooms on century and solstice. We managed 2 adults and 2children no problem. In fact there was enough room between the bunks to pull down a mattress and put it on the floor between the beds for one of the kids. Granny wasn't too keen on climbing on the top bunk and children need to be at least 9 to use top. If itinerary suits you then go for it.

agreed, the price has to be really, really, good for me to cruise P&O again, it just isn't the same as X or Princess.

agreed, the price has to be really, really, good for me to cruise P&O again, it just isn't the same as X or Princess.

Just booked on the Pearl for $53 a night twin in a window room, doesn't get any better than that :D :cool: :eek: I have no idea how they could offer it at that ridiculous price, but my bet is that it's for a cancellation as it departs in two weeks. Least I can splurge on the beers and cocktails :)

Way it works out go on the Pearl then come back and go onto the Solstice in a balcony with a drinks package a few days later :p At least I've got the Pearl first as it would have been quite the downgrade from the balcony+ drinks pack on X I think :rolleyes:. In saying that I'm paying four times as much per day on X and I don't know if it's four times as good! haha

Just booked on the Pearl for $53 a night twin in a window room, doesn't get any better than that :D :cool: :eek: I have no idea how they could offer it at that ridiculous price, but my bet is that it's for a cancellation as it departs in two weeks. Least I can splurge on the beers and cocktails :)

Way it works out go on the Pearl then come back and go onto the Solstice in a balcony with a drinks package a few days later :p At least I've got the Pearl first as it would have been quite the downgrade from the balcony+ drinks pack on X I think :rolleyes:. In saying that I'm paying four times as much per day on X and I don't know if it's four times as good! haha

Wow, that is a great deal. Well done! Is it the 7 night or 16 night bounty?

Be sure to report back on how you find it.

Certainly a good price. But remember your 4x as much on Solstice includes a balcony and your drinks.

Just booked on the Pearl for $53 a night twin in a window room, doesn't get any better than that :D I have no idea how they could offer it at that ridiculous price, but my bet is that it's for a cancellation as it departs in two weeks. Least I can splurge on the beers and cocktails :)

Bargain! U are. Sounding like our US cousins! :)

Certainly a good price. But remember your 4x as much on Solstice includes a balcony and your drinks.

For 4x as much, it better be a Grand Canyon sized balcony, and you'd have to buy an awful lot of drinks to pay doubles for rooms. Or maybe a few bottles of Dom Perignon every night!

For 4x as much, it better be a Grand Canyon sized balcony, and you'd have to buy an awful lot of drinks to pay doubles for rooms. Or maybe a few bottles of Dom Perignon every night!

That's what I reckon! :p Expectations are high now Celebrity, will have to send the upgrade fairy our way maybe or a couple of bottles of Dom as Big M suggests!! :D haha.

For the other posters the cruise was the 16 night bounty and it was sold out the second that we booked it for twin and it also dropped to that price for the standard window room 10 minutes before we booked it, it was like destiny and we just happened to look at exactly the right time(when I first checked the window room was $1650pp with inside at $875 and it dropped to $875 or something when I refreshed the page), prior to that only the funny shaped obstructed rooms and insides were available at that price. Reading the P&O FB page for the cruise there were some last minute cancellations in groups which I think may be the reason behind the great deals.

The entire cruise is sold out now! :cool:

Actually managed to score one of those killer deals that you hear our North American cruisers brag about all the time :D Competition in the industry is a great thing!

Fantastic well done, when you start to get a little grumpy thinking it isn't as good as celebrity etc just remind yourself that you got such a great bargain and it should bring you back to reality. After all where else can you get 3 meals a day for $53 that's without even thinking about the morning and arvo teas and the bedroom and transporting you to such amazing places.

wish I was going too but my travel buddy is in Italy at the moment and hubby didn't want to take time off work.

enjoy every minute and please come back and tell us what it was like, need that for future reference.!!!

Fantastic well done, when you start to get a little grumpy thinking it isn't as good as celebrity etc just remind yourself that you got such a great bargain and it should bring you back to reality. After all where else can you get 3 meals a day for $53 that's without even thinking about the morning and arvo teas and the bedroom and transporting you to such amazing places.

wish I was going too but my travel buddy is in Italy at the moment and hubby didn't want to take time off work.

enjoy every minute and please come back and tell us what it was like, need that for future reference.!!!

Oh trust me I won't be grumpy at all, have travelled with P&O before so know what to expect, unless they've dramatically changed recently some of my most fond cruises are with them and they had superb entertainment :) The meals alone are worth the fare :eek:

I nearly had your situation but it was myself having to get the time off, but fortunately I managed to get the extra time off after pulling some strings and asking for some massive favours! :cool:

In reality the cruise fare for a 2 week plus holiday is less than a return airfare to Fiji and back ;) Crazy!

@Hazydavo- yeah the 16 night one!

I'm going to be cruised out after October, 16 nights on the Pearl then 8 nights on the Solstice... Can't wait! :D

Ship Name: Sun Princess Cruise Code: S431T Departure Date: Monday, 13 October 2014 Cruise Name: Hong Kong to Sydney Nights: 17 Departing: Hong Kong, China

Inside $1077 pp Oceanview $1763 pp

Ship Name: Diamond Princess

Cruise Code: M431N

Departure Date: Tuesday, 28 October 2014

Cruise Name: Singapore to Sydney

Nights: 19

Departing: Singapore, Singapore

$1371 inside pp Oceanview $2057 pp

How about NZ

Ship Name: Dawn Princess

Cruise Code: D420

Departure Date: Monday, 20 October 2014

Cruise Name: New Zealand

Nights: 13

Departing: Melbourne

$979 pp inside, $1175 oceanview

I'm on this cruise for 4 days. Hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't be mentioning it cause I might get an upgrade if lots of cabins left. Still waiting for my cabin :D

Edited by icat2000

Just booked on the Pearl for $53 a night twin in a window room, doesn't get any better than that I have no idea how they could offer it at that ridiculous price, but my bet is that it's for a cancellation as it departs in two weeks. Least I can splurge on the beers and cocktails :)

Great deal, these last minute sales are fantastic. :D

I wonder what the last minute price for the Solstice is?

I am sure that it is likely to be less than the 4x the price but with no choice of cabins or even a balcony.

Have a great couple of cruises.:D