El Cheapo Cruises Thread

just got a email from princess 14th October 17 nights inside $699 that's $41 a night that's what I call a bargain its from Hong Kong to Sydney.

Jacquie

G'day Jacquie

I think you win! What a price $41 per night, pity it's next week.

just got a email from princess 14th October 17 nights inside $699 that's $41 a night that's what I call a bargain its from Hong Kong to Sydney.

Jacquie

if thats the Sun Princess it goes on the 13th october and the price has got to $1549 inside

I think you have to put in your loyalty number first

just did a dummy run and came up as $990 ,maybe they've selected just a few to email for this price:confused:as earlier in the year we got sent an email for four days on sea princes for $399 for four days in balcony cabin which we jumped at

jacquie

I think you have to put in your loyalty number first

just did a dummy run and came up as $990 ,maybe they've selected just a few to email for this price:confused:as earlier in the year we got sent an email for four days on sea princes for $399 for four days in balcony cabin which we jumped at

jacquie

yes i put in my CC number and thats the price i got, i dont seem to get any emails from princess as i book with an online TA

I logged in and got 999/person. Even that's a good price though, for 17 nights. $59/night/person.

seems strange how we can get different prices for the same cruise, we are elite so it should be the same price

asia & australia

17 night Hong Kong to Sydney

Sun Princess®

Save

up to

70%

off launch fares~

Hong Kong (overnight), Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Singapore, Darwin, Port Douglas, Sydney

Departs 2014: 13 Oct

Fares pp twin share Launch fares~ Sale

fares*

Interior from $2,749 $699 .

$2749 was the launch price

I was curious so checked. On the special offers page, it shows the Sun Princess HK-SYD as $1549 for an interior. Still under the $100 per day mark but you'd need an el cheapo airfare to HK.

I subscribe to special offers, but have never received an email from Princess....wonder if the reason is that we always have something booked?

Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that Princess only sends emails to those who have no immediate cruise plans. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I was curious so checked. On the special offers page, it shows the Sun Princess HK-SYD as $1549 for an interior. Still under the $100 per day mark but you'd need an el cheapo airfare to HK.

I subscribe to special offers, but have never received an email from Princess....wonder if the reason is that we always have something booked?

Not sure if it's true, but I've heard that Princess only sends emails to those who have no immediate cruise plans. Can anyone confirm this?

Anna i get the same price as you and as i said before i dont know how people get different prices and i also subscribe to their special offers but have not received anything......could be that some people book with princess direct where as i dont

asia & australia

17 night Hong Kong to Sydney

Sun Princess®

Save

up to

70%

off launch fares~

Hong Kong (overnight), Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Singapore, Darwin, Port Douglas, Sydney

Departs 2014: 13 Oct

Fares pp twin share Launch fares~ Sale

fares*

Interior from $2,749 $699 .

$2749 was the launch price

Possibly taxes and port fees being added to make up the difference between the $699 and the $999.

No, as we have received emails when we have had a booking ( unless it is determined that the booking is for a differing time). I think they just have a random selection for some emails.

Edited by MicCanberra

Possibly taxes and port fees being added to make up the difference between the $699 and the $999.

This is the caveat for the $699.

*Fares are cruise only per person, in AUD, in complete twin accommodation, based on lead interior, oceanview, balcony and mini-suite staterooms available at time of printing, inclusive of all discounts, taxes and government fees (which are subject to change). Offer ends 2 November, 2014 unless sold out prior. Princess Cruises has set aside a reasonable number of staterooms which are available at these discounted fares. Once these staterooms are sold, fares may revert to a higher fare, but may also be further discounted. Valid for new bookings and not combinable with any other offer. Some oceanview staterooms may have obstructed views.

So they must have sold out of the allotted cabins at the cheap price.

Maybe there was only one.:rolleyes:

seems strange how we can get different prices for the same cruise, we are elite so it should be the same price

As Tara Jane wrote, just sounds like the first price sold out.

Sheridan was the first one to post about $699, but then when we were discussing prices, they logged in and said they got $999 the same as the rest of us without the e-mail got.

So it sounds like pricing is okay for everyone. E-mail distribution is inconsistent, but maybe they don't want to bombard so many people with e-mails all the time, or just create more grief since it obviously sold well to the limited numbers who got the e-mail this time.

I logged into Princess site, 8pm sat.

Showing $699 inside, to bad I can't go.:)

Logged out and price then showing $999.

I get about 4 or 5 emails from Princess each week.

Edited by yatchet

Mon, Oct 13, 2014

Sun Princess

$699.00*

$1,939.00*

$2,839.00*

Sold Out

$10,399.02*

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses included: $160.02*

Logged out.........

Interior Oceanview Balcony Mini-Suite Suite

Mon, Oct 13, 2014