El Cheapo Cruises Thread

But you have to know there is a lower price before you can start 'horse-trading'. Five or so years ago we had booked a Princess cruise to Tahiti before a friend told us she had booked a balcony at a % off (I can't remember the exact percentage she quoted). I phoned our TA and quoted the % converted to dollars off the brochure price. The TA eventually said she could meet the price. We changed our booking. I later found out that our friend had made an error with her maths and her discount wasn't as much as she had claimed!! Oops. I didn't tell her we got our balcony cabin cheaper than she did.

LOl, ah well, swings and roundabouts.;)

Am I reading this right? Can't go but maybe ok for someone. Diamond Princess 16 Nov 28 nights around Australia. $1959.02pp inside twin.Anjo

Where did you see this advertised?

We have friends and family on this cruise and would love to join them!!

Am I reading this right? Can't go but maybe ok for someone. Diamond Princess 16 Nov 28 nights around Australia. $1959.02pp inside twin.Anjo

I see $2939 pp on a site I check out often. Princess has it at $3999 pp. So if your seeing at $1959 pp. That cheap cheap cheap cheap. :D

Sorry can't help with reputation as I live in New Zealand.I'm sure some Aussies will help out. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Have wanted to do this cruise for ages, timing just not right. Regards Anjo.

As far as I know, the TA is reputable. I know people who have booked through them and been happy. Go for it! :)

Read the terms and conditions carefully, but as this is past final payment would imagine that it is 100% non-refundable in any case.:D

Found it!! Thanks for the information. Just need to check it out and make some decisions. Is the TA reputable??

I booked with them in 2009/2010, no problems, always able to speak with the same person i booked with, who ironically had the same first and last name as my husband:eek: We joked about stealing captains circle status!

Hope you get a great bargain.

Chez

xx

Ship Name: Celebrity Solstice

Cruise Code: SL23OCT14

Departure Date: Thursday, 23 October 2014

Cruise Name: Cruise Sampler

Nights: 3

Departing: Sydney - Australia

Not what we are after, but noticed a Concierge balcony guarantee single $1024.

The oceanview-window twin is $548 each, and the normal balconies are 900-1,000, which makes that a pretty good price for single concierge balcony in comparison.

Edited by goodycruising

Ship Name: Celebrity Solstice

Cruise Code: SL23OCT14

Departure Date: Thursday, 23 October 2014

Cruise Name: Cruise Sampler

Nights: 3

Not what we are after, but noticed a Concierge balcony guarantee single $1024.

The oceanview-window twin is $548 each, and the normal balconies are 900-1,000, which makes that a pretty good price for single concierge balcony in comparison.

Seems expensive to me for a last minute special for solo guarantee - $341 pn, plus tips, for a cruise to nowhere.

Yes, I agree expensive per night compared to regular 7+ night cruises, but the solo concierge at the same price as the balcony twin each. Those nowhere cruises are expensive from what I have been seeing.

Guess it might appeal to a cruiser who wants a taste of cruise life, and doesn't know any better.

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel

Cruise Code: J443

Departure Date: Monday, 20 October 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 12

Departing: Sydney

Inside $635 pp

Ship Name: Carnival Legend

Cruise Code: CG437

Departure Date: Friday, 14 November 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji

Inside $881 Inside pp Possible up to $200 obc

Ship Name: Carnival Spirit

Cruise Code: CS437N

Departure Date: Sunday, 9 November 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 11

Inside $732 pp Oceanview $832 pp Balcony $930

Possible up to $100 obc

Ship Name: Pacific Pearl

Cruise Code: P445

Departure Date: Friday, 7 November 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific/Fiji

Nights: 14

Inside $1077 pp

Ship Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas

Cruise Code: RH25NOV14

Departure Date: Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Cruise Name: South Pacific / Fiji

Inside $897 pp, Large Oceanview $1087

Yes, I agree expensive per night compared to regular 7+ night cruises, but the solo concierge at the same price as the balcony twin each. Those nowhere cruises are expensive from what I have been seeing.

They can be and generally are as they tend to go over a weekend so time off is minimal. They can also be really cheap, we picked up a Comedy cruise 4 nights for around $70 per night per person.:D