El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Great deal, these last minute sales are fantastic. :D

I wonder what the last minute price for the Solstice is?

I am sure that it is likely to be less than the 4x the price but with no choice of cabins or even a balcony.

Have a great couple of cruises.:D

They are currently offering insides for about $850 pp and Aqua Class GTY is now less than what we paid for a standard 2B balcony and Concierge GTY is about $200 below that. Have to take it with a grain of salt, the P&O deal makes up for paying top dollar for the X one, I guess we also got our room preference. In saying that, Aqua class would have been nice! :p

We were suckers for the "123go" back in February when apparently the promotion finished at the end of the month :rolleyes: Yeah right! Got us there Celebrity lol!

As Hazydavo said it's probably a good thing it worked out this way because 8 nights is hardly long enough ;)

For the other posters the cruise was the 16 night bounty and it was sold out the second that we booked it for twin and it also dropped to that price for the standard window room 10 minutes before we booked it, it was like destiny and we just happened to look at exactly the right time(when I first checked the window room was $1650pp with inside at $875 and it dropped to $875 or something when I refreshed the page), prior to that only the funny shaped obstructed rooms and insides were available at that price. Reading the P&O FB page for the cruise there were some last minute cancellations in groups which I think may be the reason behind the great deals.

Well done - it's a great feel when you score one of those!

Still kicking myself on one that I missed, likely by a couple of minutes. Oh well, the way it goes.

They are currently offering insides for about $850 pp and Aqua Class GTY is now less than what we paid for a standard 2B balcony and Concierge GTY is about $200 below that. Have to take it with a grain of salt, the P&O deal makes up for paying top dollar for the X one, I guess we also got our room preference. In saying that, Aqua class would have been nice! :p

We were suckers for the "123go" back in February when apparently the promotion finished at the end of the month :rolleyes: Yeah right! Got us there Celebrity lol!

As Hazydavo said it's probably a good thing it worked out this way because 8 nights is hardly long enough ;)

I think you have the best of both as well. Like you said, you could get a suite but no drink package or room choice.

My point was that last minute sale on this cruise is only 2x or 3x rather than 4x the price.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Cunard Queen Elizabeth has some excelent balcony specials for East and West Mediterannean this October / November

The cruises are combined 2x7 days that is 14 days in total. October 24-Nov 7 $A2179, October 31-Nov 14 $A2179, November 7-21 $A1879. That is from $A134 per day for balcony. From past experience tax and port charges are included.

Edited by burchan

There seems to be no shortage of GREAT deals out there at the moment. :)

We were more than happy with booking an inside guarantee for 12 nights to the South Pacific on Celebrity Century and only paying $2998 for the two of us including taxes and gratuities with our Captains Club discount. :)

The prices on Celebrity's website dropped over the weekend so I called them this morning about a paid upgrade and we opted for an Oceanview Guarantee for an extra $320. :D

Our cabin assignment has come through and we've been given an aft Family Veranda room! :D:D

That's less than $97pp/day including taxes and gratuities for an aft balcony!

Just hope they don't change that on us. :eek:

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were more than happy with booking an inside guarantee for 12 nights to the South Pacific on Celebrity Century and only paying $2998 for the two of us including taxes and gratuities with our Captains Club discount. :)

The prices on Celebrity's website dropped over the weekend so I called them this morning about a paid upgrade and we opted for an Oceanview Guarantee for an extra $320. :D

Our cabin assignment has come through and we've been given an aft Family Veranda room! :D:D

Well done....that is a great deal.

There seems to be no shortage of GREAT deals out there at the moment.

We were more than happy with booking an inside guarantee for 12 nights to the South Pacific on Celebrity Century and only paying $2998 for the two of us including taxes and gratuities with our Captains Club discount.

I hope you are doing the happy dance.:D

Well done. When is the cruise? Did thee move up to Ocean view get you the drinks pkg?

Just for clarification. Was your inside $2998 then you paid another $320 so the total ended up $3300 (ish)? I am just trying to work out where the $97 a day came from.

Interestingly there are Suite Gty's available for $1719 US including taxes (and probably drinks pkg, grats ) available for the Nov 19 12 day Century Pacific cruise from my go to US agent.

$1999 pp AUS on Celebrity as well. With taxes grats and drinks package. Probably about the same with the exchange rate. Good deal for a Suite.

Edited by woodyren

As an addition to the previous post.

Like others I am a sucker for the drinks package. It allows us to treat drinks as we would the complimentary food. If we feel we would like to try something we can. If we were paying we would probably not try. So when you factor in the $600+ pp for the drinks pkg and close to $200pp suite gratuities the cruise price works out almost bang on $100 a day for a suite.

I have 51 days on board booked between December and the end of June next year. Pity I need to work to pay for them. I like checking and may still fit another in somewhere if the price is right.

Hey Mick. Didn't you used to be a regular on a thread about the good old Aussie Dollar. We might need to bring it back so we can whinge about the current free fall. I have about 8K US in final payments to be made in Feb/March next year. Wish a paid up a few weeks ago.

Hey Mick. Didn't you used to be a regular on a thread about the good old Aussie Dollar. We might need to bring it back so we can whinge about the current free fall. I have about 8K US in final payments to be made in Feb/March next year. Wish a paid up a few weeks ago.

Yes, Perhaps we should start another. :D

I think you may need to pay some of that if you can before it drops further.:eek:

I hope you are doing the happy dance.:D

You'd better believe it! :D

Well done. When is the cruise? Did thee move up to Ocean view get you the drinks pkg?

No, but that's OK; we're teetotallers anyway so it's no biggie for us. When I was playing around on the Celebrity website on the weekend I discovered that their promotions weren't combinable with the Captain's Club discount.

Just for clarification. Was your inside $2998 then you paid another $320 so the total ended up $3300 (ish)? I am just trying to work out where the $97 a day came from.

Sorry, my bad! The original price was $1998 (or $999 pp)

$1998 + $320 = $3298

$2358/ 2 people / 12 days = $98.25

I must have been excited when I posted earlier. :D

A real El Cheapo Cunard QM2 world cruise2015 Q1 Grand Duplex $A182984 pp :D

That is a bargain. ;)

When QM2 was built , a wealthy couple used to book 2 of the top suites for the World Cruise each year. They used one for themselves and kept the other for guests , who they invited to share segments of the cruise with them.:rolleyes:

They had also done the same thing every year on QE2.:eek:

That is a bargain. ;)

When QM2 was built , a wealthy couple used to book 2 of the top suites for the World Cruise each year. They used one for themselves and kept the other for guests , who they invited to share segments of the cruise with them.:rolleyes:

They had also done the same thing every year on QE2.:eek:

How can I become friends with these people??

Hi Everyone ,

11th November 2014 8 days on the Celebrity Century -

Celebrity Cruises website

Some really good pricing on suites guarantee ,there is other levels but this is a great deal if you want a touch of luxury at a budget price. :)

Just had a phone call from some of friends who are already booked on this cruise.

Only cost $245 for both of them to go from their outside cabin on deck 4 to a suite .( anywhere on the ship which they are happy with ) ,apparently their has been a few cancellations in the last few days, and yes they were able to keep their drink package ,bargain !

Just posting in case someone who has already booked and wants to do a paid upgrade ,would be worthwhile if you have always wanted to sail in a suite.

Cheers Deb

Hi Everyone ,

Some really good pricing on suites guarantee ,there is other levels but this is a great deal if you want a touch of luxury at a budget price. :)

Just had a phone call from some of friends who are already booked on this cruise.

Only cost $245 for both of them to go from their outside cabin on deck 4 to a suite .( anywhere on the ship which they are happy with ) ,apparently their has been a few cancellations in the last few days, and yes they were able to keep their drink package ,bargain !

Just posting in case someone who has already booked and wants to do a paid upgrade ,would be worthwhile if you have always wanted to sail in a suite.

Cheers Deb

I would really love to take advantage of this offer.

:D

Hi Everyone ,

I think DW's parents have booked an inside cabin on this cruise. They said that it was cheaper for them to go on the cruise than to stay at home. :eek: :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app