El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I think DW's parents have booked an inside cabin on this cruise. They said that it was cheaper for them to go on the cruise than to stay at home. :eek: :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

LOL! Yes sometimes I look at my savings account when I return from a cruise and wonder how come I've got all that money in there? Of course I haven't been buying groceries, fuel, entertainment, presents, clothes etc for a few weeks so it isn't being spent.

Mind you, the ole credit card statement soon accounts for it and then some! :eek:

Sun Princess Hong Kong to Sydney

Dept 13 October 2014 17 nights

An oz cruising site

Inside $979.50AUDpp

Checked flights Melb to HK $388 on 9th so good for a few days prior to departure. Has a stopover in Singapore which I love the idea of.

All up 979.50 plus 388 plus a few extra nights accommodation in Sing and HK

Hope someone can take advantage of this good deal.

An oz cruising site

Inside $979.50AUDpp

Checked flights Melb to HK $388 on 9th so good for a few days prior to departure. Has a stopover in Singapore which I love the idea of.

Yep, that's a great price!!!

An oz cruising site

Inside $979.50AUDpp

A few airlines are announcing their sales at the moment as well. Flights to the USA and Europe for around $1300 with Qantas. Might be a cheaper cruise and flight to the Caribbean or the Med available.:D

02 November 2014

13 Nights

Dawn Princess

Up To $85 Onboard Credit*

Goes to Nz

Twin From $979.02 pp

Quad From $1348 pp

25 November 2014

14 Nights

Sun Princess

South Pacific - New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanuatu

Up To $85 Onboard Credit*

Twin From $1175.02 pp

Quad From $1253 pp

Edited by icat2000

An oz cruising site

Inside $979.50AUDpp

Quite the cruise bargain. And nice package you came up with there. ;)

I am a frustrated TA big M. just wish I could partake of all the good deals out there. Half the excitement of a trip is putting it all together but also can be rather stressful as those who do their own work would well know. The super stressful time is when I am putting something together for friends which I seem to be doing more and more.

In my next life I would most definitely go down that path.

I am a frustrated TA big M. just wish I could partake of all the good deals out there. Half the excitement of a trip is putting it all together but also can be rather stressful as those who do their own work would well know. The super stressful time is when I am putting something together for friends which I seem to be doing more and more.

It can become too much like work though. We have had friends ask us to design a holiday for them, and have hesitated at that, but now find that planning our own trips takes up most of our energies in this area.

I would always add a huge caveat saying that this is what we would do and everyone's tastes are different.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

First thing that comes to mind is that it could wreck a friendship. Friends often don't value the time and effort, and the time you have taken previously to learn your skills. I hope you are getting properly paid Tara Jane, as they are lucky to have someone that is interested helping them.

Pacific Pearl Bounty cruise 7 October is back up for sale...$874 outside cabin.... we enquired last time it was up but it was booked out.....last night got an email at 10.30pm confirming we had a booking but we can't go now....lolololol... figured we had totally missed out so other plans were made.... best be quick though...

Pacific Pearl Bounty cruise 7 October is back up for sale...$874 outside cabin.... we enquired last time it was up but it was booked out.....last night got an email at 10.30pm confirming we had a booking but we can't go now....lolololol... figured we had totally missed out so other plans were made.... best be quick though...

Too bad you changed your plans, it is a nice offer, people had better hurry if they want it, there can't be too many cabins left.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Just put a hold on mutiny on the bounty, waiting for confirmation.

thanks for the info badgerbill. have been watching this for a while, hubby reluctant to take time off work but when it was an outside it was tooo much for him to resist. will now be waiting to see if we are in. on p and o own website showing $1299 so I will not start getting excited til confirmed.

Too bad you changed your plans, it is a nice offer, people had better hurry if they want it, there can't be too many cabins left.:D

Been to all but Norfolk Is and can take or leave ship so not crying too much:rolleyes: .....would have been a lovely cheap rest;)

Just put a hold on mutiny on the bounty, waiting for confirmation.

thanks for the info badgerbill. have been watching this for a while, hubby reluctant to take time off work but when it was an outside it was tooo much for him to resist. will now be waiting to see if we are in. on p and o own website showing $1299 so I will not start getting excited til confirmed.

My pleasure i emailed them back last night and said thanks but pass... have a few others I am working on, not as cheap as this but who knows..they could be.....i can wait......... fingers crossed for you, fantastic price :D Good luck Shiona

I am the same as you, Tara. I have been organising trips, usually 2 a year for the past 5 years with friends. I just tell I have a good deal and they always come. I even pay their deposits, airfares, excursions and sometimes their final payment then get reimbursed later. I'm hope they appreciate it. It is true, you need the right people to travel with, fortunately our friends are fantastic to travel with. In saying that it does get a bit annoying to do all the planning myself.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a typo but it leaves 6th October! Got our room allocated for this one and very happy with it :D Was actually expecting the worst like a cabin right up the front and bottom as it was last minute but was pleasantly surprised, so much excitement now :cool:

Hope the Pearl and P&O is as good as I remember it from the Tahiti cruise! :D

Not the biggest, most glitzy cruise ship but just has something special about it, very traditional and lovely top + back decks on the ship. Don't know why more modern ships don't have swim-up bars! Amazing ;)

Just a typo but it leaves 6th October! Got our room allocated for this one and very happy with it :D Was actually expecting the worst like a cabin right up the front and bottom as it was last minute but was pleasantly surprised, so much excitement now :cool:

EEEEEEEkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :o:o lol typo big time lol thanks........maybe should have accepted booking i obviously need a holiday, congrats on a favourable cabin allocation and have a wonderful cruise :D

This has just been posted on the Carnival Facebook Page (Australian)

Ready to pack your bags and go? We've got some amazing deals on cruises departing October 6 (Carnival Legend, 10 days to Vanuatu and New Caledonia) and October 8 (Carnival Spirit, 9 days to New Caledonia). Be quick as they won't last long!

I havent checked them out yet

This has just been posted on the Carnival Facebook Page (Australian)

Ready to pack your bags and go? We've got some amazing deals on cruises departing October 6 (Carnival Legend, 10 days to Vanuatu and New Caledonia) and October 8 (Carnival Spirit, 9 days to New Caledonia). Be quick as they won't last long!

I havent checked them out yet

the Legend is not very cheap but the Spirit is ok at $714 for 9 nights with a guarantee on deck 1