"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Nov. 21, 2014

Radio

It is nice to see that they have brought back outdoor seating for the Windjammer.

No coffee on the last morning is LAME. However, this happened on Allure this past February also. The Cafe Promanade was closed and there was no coffee anywhere until the Windjammer opened for breakfast. I wasn't happy.

Those little sandwiches and desserts I so love by the coffee, are they still complimentary?

George in NY

Just off this 2 nighter too.

If you mean in the Promenade area, yes, there were sandwiches and desserts along with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water. The pizza place was also along this little section. Pizza was nothing great IMO.

The ship is AWESOME. has its issues like very slow dining room service, but still, we had a great 2 days!

Edited by mizlorinj

We enjoyed the Grande. Everything that we tried we liked. The sole, lamb, tenderloin and lobster we all enjoyed. The shrimp cocktail was 4 huge shrimp. The Grande had the best desserts. Loved the German chocolate cake with coconut ice cream, napoleon, and the chocolate molten cake with ice cream. (I didn't eat all of them we shared at the table.) The only thing it took a long time almost 2 1/2 hours. They were having problems with their tablets when we were there and had to hand write the orders and then put them into a main computer.

We enjoyed it too! We thought the menu, presentation and service was great!

It took over an hour, the boarding process was a total and complete goat rope. The worst and lost disorganized I have ever seen. We are now on board and the ship is amazing.

Is it really that unacceptable for an hour embarkation on a new ship in a new terminal for one of the first sailings?

When the first drawings appeared about this class of ship, my first thought, "this is based on the Celebrity "S" class". How true, especially the large flat hump, the angle balconies and the outdoor seating at the rear of the 'Jammie, similar to Celebrity's Oceanview Cafe.

We're in S. Florida and we will try this class when the Ovation (#3) comes to FLL.

My favorite place on the Quantum to hang out and have a drink was Two 70 and my favorite and the best restaurant I think was Coastal Kitchen my 2nd best was Silk, the one I thought that would be the best and was very disappointing was The Grande:D

Love the ship and I will go on the Anthem of the Seas next:cool:

Carol:)

Yes the Menu, it was like getting appetizers, I am sure they will have it all sorted out after a few cruisers... the guy sitting across from me ordered 3 appetizers then 2 Entrees and Dessert:eek:

But it is a beautiful ship and I am going on the Anthem next:cool:

We loved the Grande so much that we booked it for 3 nights on our next 2 Quantum sailings. A small disappointment in the Grande was they did not have the Scallop dish that was presented to us during the NYC reveal.

We'll be trying Silk in January. We did enjoyed Coastal Kitchen but did not like their Fisherman Stew dish at all. You'll need a magnifying glass to see the clams in that dish and the sauce was way too thick.

Did not try any desserts anywhere on the ship but they did look and sound good.

We loved the Grande so much that we booked it for 3 nights on our next 2 Quantum sailings. A small disappointment in the Grande was they did not have the Scallop dish that was presented to us during the NYC reveal.

We'll be trying Silk in January. We did enjoyed Coastal Kitchen but did not like their Fisherman Stew dish at all. You'll need a magnifying glass to see the clams in that dish and the sauce was way too thick.

I was at the NY Reveal in March 2014. Can you compare the menus then to the actual menus on the ship?

It took over an hour, the boarding process was a total and complete goat rope. The worst and lost disorganized I have ever seen. We are now on board and the ship is amazing.

On the 3 night, I was through security and checked in, in less than 10 minutes.

I was at the NY Reveal in March 2014. Can you compare the menus then to the actual menus on the ship?

I still have the flyer from the reveal so I do know what was served to us in NYC. To answer your question would be the same thing I indicated about the Grande, no scallops. When I asked about the scallops, was advised their menu changed. We did try Coastal Kitchen on our 2nd night and had the Margarita flat bread as an appetizer, it was good. The reveal had the grilled vegetable flat bread, which I did not try.

We did go to Jamie's for lunch only. The NYC reveal had antipasti and a few other things. DH had the antipasti as an appetizer, it was pretty much the same thing and was just okay. I had the Prawn linguine and asked for it al dente, which is was and very good. They said all their pasta is freshly made.

First night we ate in the WJ as all our dining reservation disappeared from their system. We did not try any of the other restaurants this time and will try them in January.

Don't know if you tried the 2010 Beringer's Quantum wine that Royal gave us as a gift as the reveal. We tried it and then bought a case of it at our local store. I did notice it in Vintage as one of their tastings. The prices for the 2010 Beringer's Quantum wine tasting were, 1 oz $9, 3 oz $18 and 5 oz $27. The Grande also had the Beringer's Quantum wine for $99 a bottle, which we thought was a good price for being on a ship.

Did anybody park at the pier? Is it still $19. You still don't need reservations right? Do you still drop off your luggage and then park your car? Thanks for your help, in advance. Leaving 12-1

We parked at the pier, price is still $19 a day and yes you can drop off your luggage by the blue door and then go park. There are shuttle buses in the parking lot to take you back to the terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Do they have the menus posted so you can see them on the tv in your stateroom? Do the menus change everyday. Thanks. Going on the 12-1 sailing

We were not able to view our account or other things on the TV, not sure if menus were on the TV.

Menus for the restaurants are the same each day and do not change. I do know one exception was Jamie's. We had lunch there one day and was told by the server that their dinner menu has a few extra items that are not available at lunch time.

When the first drawings appeared about this class of ship, my first thought, "this is based on the Celebrity "S" class". How true, especially the large flat hump, the angle balconies and the outdoor seating at the rear of the 'Jammie, similar to Celebrity's Oceanview Cafe.

We're in S. Florida and we will try this class when the Ovation (#3) comes to FLL.

The Esplande reminded us of Deck 4 & 5 on the Silhouette. Did not see much of the outside seating as it was way too cold for walking around outside.

Can anybody give me info and input for a do obstructed balcony room on deck 6. Thanks.

aNNEfRAN: DID YOU HAVE AN OBSTRUCTED BALCONY ON DECK 6? DID YOU LIKE IT AND COULD YOU LOOK OUT AN SEE THE OCEAN. SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE TOP OF THE LIFE BOATS. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

Someone posted pictures of some of the Obstructed view cabins in the Countdown to Quatum forum. We did have a 75% obstructed view cabin, 6226. We were able to see some of the ocean and the deck chairs they had laid out on Deck 5. Some obstructed rooms had some good views of the ocean, check out the pictures in the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018842&page=7