"LIVE" from Quantum of the Seas - Nov. 21, 2014

Radio

When the first drawings appeared about this class of ship, my first thought, "this is based on the Celebrity "S" class". How true, especially the large flat hump, the angle balconies and the outdoor seating at the rear of the 'Jammie, similar to Celebrity's Oceanview Cafe.

We're in S. Florida and we will try this class when the Ovation (#3) comes to FLL.

Big Booper- Maybe you know something that I or we don't know, but there has been NO indication that the Ovation is coming to FLL, although I suspect at least ONE Oasis new build will come and hopefully one of the 2 new Quantum ships will also come to FLL or PE...

Big Al

Just got finished reading the entire thread from start to finish.

A lot of power packed information from Radio, as well as others.

I am still amazed that such a beautiful new ship will sail from this port,

But, I am sure it will be a big hit.

Thanks Radio for taking the time to post and by the way awesome pitctures.

Sea Ya

Hello Radio,

Just perusing your terrific travelogue and incredible pictures whisking me right back aboard this marvelous, magical ship.

It was great to finally meet you at the Schooner Bar on Friday night. Caught a glimpse of a Studio Cabin this morning, great little space and really nice sized balcony.

Can't wait to cruise on Quantum again soon, we're heading back this winter. See you on the high seas.

Jonathan

Does anyone know if DH and I can go to long term parking first and then walk to the terminal with our luggage ? We've always parked first when going on the Explorer out of Bayonne.

Yes. We parked first. The lot isn't far and they have shuttle buses if you can't do the short walk but it's not far

Does anyone know if DH and I can go to long term parking first and then walk to the terminal with our luggage ? We've always parked first when going on the Explorer out of Bayonne.

Yes you can park first and walk to the ship. That's what we did.

It's enclosed unfortunately

Or fortunately, if you, like me, wish to relax in climate-controlled comfort, especially when sailing in the current cold weather we are experiencing.

Wasn't able to take full advantage of this beautiful room last week since there was so much to do and see, but look forward to spending a good bit of time in here in February.

Hello everyone . . . I didn't leave the ship until about 9:15, but the speed through the passenger terminal and customs was very nice. Once I left the ship it took only a few minutes to get through and I was in my car before 9:30. . .

It only took about 3 hours to drive home. I had to stop a couple of places for coffee and bio breaks. . .By the time I made it home I was dog tired, and decided to watch the news for a couple of moments. I think a dream or two may have entered my brain about sailing Quantum of the seas again in January. . . Then it will be 10 nights to the Caribbean. I must start planning now !

Here are a few pics from debarkation. . . More pics tomorrow.

Radio

We pass under the Verrazano Bridge very early

P9.JPG

The Windjammer is closed ? Say it isn't so. . .

P10.JPG

I guess it is time to leave now, Argh. . .

P2.jpg

I love not having to use the shuttle to get to the Terminal. . .

P3.jpg

The Luggage area wasn’t very busy. . .

P6.jpg

So long for now, Quantum of the Seas . . . Our paths will cross again !

P4.jpg

Edited by Radio

We enjoyed it too! We thought the menu, presentation and service was great!

I thought that the beef tenderloin which our waiter in Grande recommended was extraordinary and when we told him that we needed to be out in time to make the 9:30 show (our dinner reservation was for 7:45) he saw that we were served promptly but not rushed and were out of the dining room by 9pm.

We were able to dine in Grande, twice, Chic, American Icon Grill, and Coastal Kitchen once each during our five nights onboard. The turkey dinner served in American Icon Grill was superb, and each restaurant was so elegant that I would imagine that the extra cost restaurants will suffer from a lack of interest. Wasn't able to get into Jamie's but heard it was wonderful and it will probably be the only extra cost restaurant that we will visit in February. There were sufficient choices in each of the complimentary restaurant's menus that I would have no difficulty dining in any of them multiple times.:)

The boarding process in Cape Liberty for Quantum is a total and complete disaster. We've been in process for more than 45 min. This is completely disorganized. I've never seen the boarding process so totally cocked up. This is completely unacceptable.

That wasn't our experience last Sunday, when everyone was even newer to the process, so I'm not sure why your experience was so different. From the time we parked our car, got into the terminal, through security and check-in and on the ship was fifteen to twenty minutes tops. Smoothest embarkation ever.:)

By February things should go even easier.

Yes you can, although when we were embarking we took advantage of the free shuttle bus to the terminal but on disembarking, we simply walked over to the lot and loaded our luggage in our car and drove off. Very quick and easy.