Favorite hotel for a pre-cruise (resort) stay in FLL?

brookmill18

We'd like to add a 2 night stay to the start of the trip and so are trying to find someplace that feels a bit like a resort stay and not just a place to sleep the night before the cruise. In the past we've found great rates at the Ritz but their rates are sky high right now for July 2016 so we are looking at other options. Would love a place with a pool, etc that is nice enough for a sort of mini-vacation beforehand.

Thanks!

We'd like to add a 2 night stay to the start of the trip and so are trying to find someplace that feels a bit like a resort stay and not just a place to sleep the night before the cruise. In the past we've found great rates at the Ritz but their rates are sky high right now for July 2016 so we are looking at other options. Would love a place with a pool, etc that is nice enough for a sort of mini-vacation beforehand.

Thanks!

We always stay at Marriott Beachplace Towers. The rooms are huge with a full kitchen and washer/dryer. They all have balcony's over looking the beach or intercostal water way. (which is beautiful)....Lots of choices for food in this area, and also has a CVS for picking up anything you need. Sometimes they will run a promotion "stay two nights and get the third night free". They have a newly renovated pool area with hot tub.

The Lago Mar

The W Hotel

None of the properties on 17th Street will be as nice.

Marriott Harbor Beach is also supposed to be nice (the CEO spends two weeks there with his fam every summer) but I've never been on that property.

We like The Westin Beach Resort, Hyatt Peir 66 & The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.... All are very nice.... Have nice pools, serene settings, nice restaurants & bars... Valet parking (if you have a car). They are not the "Ritz", but they are nice.

We are staying at The Atlantic Hotel (http://www.atlantichotelfl.com) for 2 nights pre-cruise in January. The rooms are huge and it's got that great amazing ocean view, restaurant, pool, etc. It's a little bit out of the way from some of the more popular hotels but we want our cruise to start the minute we get off the plane so don't want to cram into a cheap hotel just for one night. Besides, it's only a short taxi ride from the port.

Since January is high season, we made rez in June and got a great rate. I noticed that it has recently gone up for the same dates.

Some of the rooms there are also privately-owned condos. I have seen reviews on CC about this place, some great, some not as great. We just like an out-of-the way kind of hotel and this one seemed to fit our style.

We have loved the Lago Mar Resort.

It has a beautiful beach and other activities there and you can even see ships arriving and departing.

Their restaurant was quite nice and we have enjoyed several visits there.

It is located in a quiet residential area.

Keith

Marriott Harbor Beach is my choice. Oceanfront with a nice private beach with activities on the beach for guests. A nice pool with plenty of loungers. Rooms are nicely furnished with many having balconies. A bit more expensive, but ocean front rooms give one an excellent spot to watch the early morning arrivals of the cruise ships with their exterior lights ablaze. The hotel's regular dining facilities are very good, but there is a special restaurant--3030 Ocean--that is excellent.

It is possible to walk down the beach to the inlet to Port Everglades. Maybe a 30-45 minute walk if one walks slowly (as I do).

Thank you for all of the replies! Off to price things out... :)

Good Luck!

I would be interested in where you choose to stay.

During the inseason, the Marriott Harbor Beach is expensive. Off-season, I have found it to be reasonable considering what is offered.

Marriott Harbor Beach would be my preference in a resort. If you like Ritz Carlton, you might also like the W or Atlantic hotels.

Also the Diplomat Beachfront hotel in Hollywood is another great choice, about 10 miles south of the port, and Margaritaville will soon be opening on Hollywood beach!

Marriott Harbor Beach would be my preference in a resort. If you like Ritz Carlton, you might also like the W or Atlantic hotels.

Also the Diplomat Beachfront hotel in Hollywood is another great choice, about 10 miles south of the port, and Margaritaville will soon be opening on Hollywood beach!

Thanks for the tip for Margaritaville Hollywood... going to give it a try in Nov.

Joanne

Thanks for the tip for Margaritaville Hollywood... going to give it a try in Nov.

Joanne

I'm thinking of staying a night there too, but I'll wait until it officially opens to book. I'll get 2 pool/beach days out of it. :)

I'm thinking of staying a night there too, but I'll wait until it officially opens to book. I'll get 2 pool/beach days out of it. :)

Every time I look at rates, it is like $400 a night. If they give us a resident rate that is at least close to half off, I'd bite. God knows we'll spend a fortune at the bars, you've seen how my friends are :D

Every time I look at rates, it is like $400 a night. If they give us a resident rate that is at least close to half off, I'd bite. God knows we'll spend a fortune at the bars, you've seen how my friends are :D

LOL! These are "Resorts".... That makes it ok for them to charge $350 & up! Ha Ha! We get either the Government Rate or the Senior rate if we can!

You're right...your friends are fun!

Check again, Blue. There are Florida resident rates and prepay/AAA/AARP rates, and you can get a room in November for around $200/night plus $15 resort fee plus valet.