Nichole Tropical Storm

OCruisers

A Cat 3 is normally very damaging ....

Yes, normally but the hurricane wobbled east which may have lessened the impact. Also Bermuda has a very strict building code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I'm seeing Facebook photos of downed trees and power poles down blocking roads.

Roads washed out .

Flooding .

Boats smashed.

This is a bad one.

Yes, this is true, but we're just grateful no one lost their life, that's what really matters.

Trees, flooding, damaged houses and vehicles will be fixed. We'll get our island back in shape pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, this is true, but we're just grateful no one lost their life, that's what really matters.

Trees, flooding, damaged houses and vehicles will be fixed. We'll get our island back in shape pretty fast.

I am so happy that no life was lost. May I ask you a "selfish" question? As you already know, a lot of people are awaiting news of the cruise port/pier. Do you think you would be able to let us know when there is any news of damage? We would all greatly appreciate it. :)

Indeed we're all grateful that no lives were lost, but we'll be even more grateful when the power is restored. No power also means no water so it's a big issue and it's likely to take days, if not weeks to achieve.

That also means limited access to internet so information about Dockyard won't be available yet.

Indeed we're all grateful that no lives were lost, but we'll be even more grateful when the power is restored. No power also means no water so it's a big issue and it's likely to take days, if not weeks to achieve.

That also means limited access to internet so information about Dockyard won't be available yet.

Thank you for the update. I never even thought of the water issue. Stay safe and we all wish you the very best. They keep showing on the news, what you went through yesterday. Omg. :(:(:(

Bernews reports that your power company BELCO says 15,661 customers out of the 27,431 customers have had power restored. Over 50%. That is good progress.

It is reported this evening that 80% of power has been restored and and that ferry service will be restored Saturday. Bus service will be restored on all but two routes Saturday.

They also say that visitors arriving by plane or cruise should have no issue visiting Bermuda but check with your airline or cruise line.

I think the only thing that would prevent cruises next week would be if the docks weremdamaged. Those will have to be carefully inspected. (particularly Heritage Wharf) Also the ship channel needs to be inspected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

FYI, port webcam is back up and it looks like a BEAUTIFUL day there :)

Looks pretty nice today also. Hope all will be up and running soon especially power and water. Good luck stay safe. :):):)

I am so happy that no life was lost. May I ask you a "selfish" question? As you already know, a lot of people are awaiting news of the cruise port/pier. Do you think you would be able to let us know when there is any news of damage? We would all greatly appreciate it. :)

Bad luck. Your Anthem sailing is skipping Bermuda anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk