Marriott Rewards at Atlantis

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:02 PM.
Gatineau, Quebec, just outside Ottawa
119 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Hello!

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and Marriott recently took over the Atlantis property (sold as their Autograph collection). So my questions is, has anyone booked Atlantis using points just when in Nassau for the day just so that they could use the facilities? And, if someone was to pay for an overnight at Atlantis, it be like booking the Comfort Suites next door where you could show up early and pick up your waterpark wrist bands?

Thank you!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

12,000 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by theverro
Hello!

I'm a Marriott Rewards member and Marriott recently took over the Atlantis property (sold as their Autograph collection). So my questions is, has anyone booked Atlantis using points just when in Nassau for the day just so that they could use the facilities? And, if someone was to pay for an overnight at Atlantis, it be like booking the Comfort Suites next door where you could show up early and pick up your waterpark wrist bands?

Thank you!
Not sure about using points to book yet, but I do know that you can check in early without getting a room, and get your wristbands for the day. Pools/beach don't open until 9am and waterpark opens at 10am.

I believe that you would still need to pay the surcharges and fees beyond the room rate.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Blue Skies, white clouds and no problems
------------------------------------
49 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
I just did this for our cruise this Fall. It cost me 40,000 points +$53 out of pocket in taxes and fees to book one night at the Atlantis Royal Towers. Hoping they don't give me any trouble "checking in" early to get the wrist bands.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

PAST CRUISES
RCCL Radiance of the Seas
RCCL Adventure of the Seas
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas
moncton, nb, canada
42 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Ah ok I see, I have the option of the beach tower for 35,000 or the royal towers for 40,000......I thought maybe the royal tower was significantly easier to check in/closer (i.e. Worth spending the extra 5k in points to save a lot of time) which I would have considered if it was the case which is why I was asking.
moncton, nb, canada
42 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
As an update, I was at the Atlantis today. We are on the Norwegian Escape and were were in Nassau from around 12h15 to an all aboard of 6h30. I had booked beach tower for 35,000 and really glad I did. The check in desk is 1 minute walk from where taxi drops you. We were checked in within 5 minutes. They gave us room keys and some vouchers for water bottles. They also gave us wifi information and since I was a platinum member they gave us bonus points. After we got our room key, we walked towards the water park and went to a towel hut to grab our bracelets and towels. So essentially total cost was $4 per person per way for taxi, $67 US resort fee which was paid on check in and 35,000 Marriott points. Pretty good deal compared to the price of the cruise ship excursion and we were likely there longer than the ship excursion since no waiting on a group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Delaware
9 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
Originally posted by alpineapa
As an update, I was at the Atlantis today. We are on the Norwegian Escape and were were in Nassau from around 12h15 to an all aboard of 6h30. I had booked beach tower for 35,000 and really glad I did. The check in desk is 1 minute walk from where taxi drops you. We were checked in within 5 minutes. They gave us room keys and some vouchers for water bottles. They also gave us wifi information and since I was a platinum member they gave us bonus points. After we got our room key, we walked towards the water park and went to a towel hut to grab our bracelets and towels. So essentially total cost was $4 per person per way for taxi, $67 US resort fee which was paid on check in and 35,000 Marriott points. Pretty good deal compared to the price of the cruise ship excursion and we were likely there longer than the ship excursion since no waiting on a group.

Thank you so much for sharing this information!
Chicago
710 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by alpineapa

This is fabulous info. I only have 20k points and was wondering if I should buy 20k or 15k for the grand tower or whatever it's called. I'm going to stick with the beach tower for 35k. Nice way to end to the vacation too. Still so much cheaper than comfort suites, and we have a room that is closer, if needed. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DD15, DS14
Colorado
1,700 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by Cruiser Who Knows Nothing
This is fabulous info. I only have 20k points and was wondering if I should buy 20k or 15k for the grand tower or whatever it's called. I'm going to stick with the beach tower for 35k. Nice way to end to the vacation too. Still so much cheaper than comfort suites, and we have a room that is closer, if needed. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Some hotels allow booking cash plus points, so you may be able to do this without buying any more.
14 Posts
Joined May 2001
Originally posted by tcrandal
I know this is a dated thread, but it is certainly still viable. We just booked a room for 35k points + resort fee in April and are thrilled.

Worked out great, thank you very much for posting this!
I'm headed there in August using points too. What was the highlight for you? Did you ever use the room at all?
8 Posts
Joined May 2017
I just booked The Cove for my date in May b/c that is the only option that allows you to one night in May (apparently their high season) so it cost 45,000 its 49 resort fee and 6 per person. So I still think way cheaper than doing day passes or the cruise...hope I am right. Our ship docks early and doesn't leave until 1159 so we have all day.
Atlanta, GA
1,707 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Originally posted by scubagirrl
Not sure about using points to book yet, but I do know that you can check in early without getting a room, and get your wristbands for the day. Pools/beach don't open until 9am and waterpark opens at 10am.
This has apparently changed since then...or it might be seasonally dependent. Pools open at 10 am and the majority of the waterpark at 11.

Originally posted by GalwayGirl03
I just booked The Cove for my date in May b/c that is the only option that allows you to one night in May (apparently their high season) so it cost 45,000 its 49 resort fee and 6 per person. So I still think way cheaper than doing day passes or the cruise...hope I am right. Our ship docks early and doesn't leave until 1159 so we have all day.
If you're there all day, that should be just about perfect. The waterpark will get significantly less busy after around 3 pm when the majority of cruise passengers have to return to the pier.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Magic, 10/07/2018 -- great itinerary and a new ship class to explore!
Independence of the Seas, 2/1/2018 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, 60 bands, 4 stages!
Carnival Vista, 10/1/2017 -- with 6 friends, new ship and first time to Grand Cayman!
Independence of the Seas, 2/2/2017 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, third year "survivor"!
Carnival Conquest 10/9/2016 -- HMC (missed), Amber Cove and Grand Turk.Cruise Critic review
Independence of the Seas, 2/04/2016 -- 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, second-year "survivor"!
Carnival Conquest, 10/12/2015 -- Nassau, HMC (missed) and Grand Turk -- Columbus Day escape
Liberty of the Seas, 1/22/2015, 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise, my first time and it was amazing!
Carnival Freedom, 10/13/2014, HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau -- two faves and one meh port
Carnival Victory, 10/14/2013, HMC, Nassau and Grand Turk -- good inexpensive getaway!
Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1933799
Carnival Liberty, 9/29/2012, HMC (missed), St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk -- great 7-day itinerary! Review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721966
Carnival Imagination, 1/30/2012, Key West, Cozumel -- birthday cruise and mom's anniversary cruise! Review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=96886
RCCL's Majesty of the Seas, 10/25/2010, Nassau, Key West, Cococay -- first cruise and hooked on cruising!