Return flight from Singapore to Western US

eel

We will be debarking a cruise in Singapore in June. We were thinking about spending a few days in Singapore after getting off. We are trying to decide if we should fly right home (Tucson, AZ) after that or fly someplace else "in between" to break up the long flight. One thought was to fly to Tokyo, spend a few days there and then continue on home.

Any thoughts on a good place to stopover for a few days in between Singapore and the Western US? Or perhaps we are best off flying home directly from Singapore? Flights to Tucson are not the greatest and usually require 2 connections.

We have the same idea to break our journey home and we are going to Taiwan. The best thing is there is no increase in our flight fare for the stopover. We are going to join same land tours in Taiwan and we can share those information.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Will have to look into Taiwan as a stopover.

Downloaded 'On the Fly' but it does not seem to have any info on flights with free stopovers. Not much different than Kayak which is my go to app for searching flights. Maybe I missed something?

Downloaded 'On the Fly' but it does not seem to have any info on flights with free stopovers. Not much different than Kayak which is my go to app for searching flights. Maybe I missed something?

No, I didn't say that it would show flights with free stopovers. It shows where we'd have to connect anyway. I use both this and Kayak as sometimes they have different flights. Also, if we're flexible on dates, the 'On the Fly' shows a wider range - about a 5-week time frame.

Hubby and I are flying home from Singapore to Tokyo and then Tokyo to Hawaii and stopping at the Aulani Disney Resort for 2 nights to just chill before heading to LAX the next day for 1 night and then head home to the East coast! UGH!

I hate long flights!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...