Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

Thank you so much Bob.

I tried that number 1 minute ago from the UK and got through to RC.

I have put the number in my diary in case we get any more phantom mini bar bills because the last couple i just left.

Kindest Regards.

Graham & Pauline.

Who did that number connect you with?

Who did that number connect you with?

I got through to RC i presume in the UK.They gave a few options then said stop on the line if you want to speak to an agent but as i was just checking the number i put the phone down but now if i get anymore mini bar descrepencys i know where to ring for free.

I called yesterday to have my $12.37 taken off from the Majesty and I was made out to be a liar.

The agent asked me "Are you sure you didn't put the bottles somewhere else in the cabin?"

When I told her that they were left on the counter untouched she said "Ok, I'll take it off. It'll take 5-7 days. Anything else you need?"

Very unprofessional tone about her.

I still say it's totally ridiculous that RCI finally went in the right direction to remove the mini bar stock, and yet left those two bottles of water there. They need to remove those also.

I am going "cash account" until they stop this scam.

Just got the $6.19 back from Royal. It took exactly 4 business days to get it back. :-D

Frustrating you had to go through that to deal with their mistake. Have had to do it myself many times, and it is always the mini bar charges...mysteriously showing up AFTER I get my final bill and leave the ship. :mad:

Can you imagine $$ coming in from the peeps that either don't notice, or don't want to bother with it. :o

Frustrating you had to go through that to deal with their mistake. Have had to do it myself many times, and it is always the mini bar charges...mysteriously showing up AFTER I get my final bill and leave the ship. :mad:

Can you imagine $$ coming in from the peeps that either don't notice, or don't want to bother with it. :o

Yes last 2 times i didn't bother because it was 0844 from UK.

Thankfully Clarea gave me a free phone 0800 number so in future i will contact them to get minibar charges removed.

The folks that are contacted at RC must be aware of this problem just from the number of calls they receive, yet they react as though we are trying to rip them off. My call got the response of " as a courtesy we will remove the charge". What is the courtesy in reversing an erroneous charge?

The folks that are contacted at RC must be aware of this problem just from the number of calls they receive, yet they react as though we are trying to rip them off. My call got the response of " as a courtesy we will remove the charge". What is the courtesy in reversing an erroneous charge?

Like they are doing you a favor. :(:(:(:(:(

Like they are doing you a favor. :(:(:(:(:(

RC need to take the water bottles out of the room and leave an order form for you to order what you want.

The sheer number of people who are being charged for something they did not use is putting Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines​ integrity into question.

RC need to take the water bottles out of the room and leave an order form for you to order what you want.

The sheer number of people who are being charged for something they did not use is putting Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines​ integrity into question.

This is just one of the many.:rolleyes:

That was the point I made also. They took the other stuff out, which now has to be ordered if you want it, why not

those water bottles also? Be done with this crap RCI!! :mad:

And yes, RCI has known about this scam for many years.

That was the point I made also. They took the other stuff out, which now has to be ordered if you want it, why not

those water bottles also? Be done with this crap RCI!! :mad:

And yes, RCI has known about this scam for many years.

There is only one reason i can see for leaving these bottles when everything else you have to order and the answer is in all the posts about additional charges post cruise.

RCI please take these bottles of water out of our cabins,

NOW. NOW.

There is only one reason i can see for leaving these bottles when everything else you have to order and the answer is in all the posts about additional charges post cruise.

RCI please take these bottles of water out of our cabins,

NOW. NOW.

Don't forget to put that on your post cruise survey. I know I will (and have done many times).

Don't forget to put that on your post cruise survey. I know I will (and have done many times).

I will,i don't mind spending money but it is offensive of RC when they know about it and don't stop it.

These people come into our cabins and they need to be trustworthy.

I will,i don't mind spending money but it is offensive of RC when they know about it and don't stop it.

It could be any number of things actually. Could be the beverage department staff trying to off set their shortages, could be staff helping themselves, and could even be fellow pax helping themselves. When you leave on disembarkation day, they prop open your cabin door for easier cleaning. Those bottles are either on the counter or in the unlocked fridge.

Whichever is going on, the simplest thing is to eliminate those bottles along with the rest of the (now history) automatically

stocked mini bar. ALL should be on order only basis. And that is what I will mark on my survey.

Whichever is going on, the simplest thing is to eliminate those bottles along with the rest of the (now history) automatically stocked mini bar.

Speaking of which, why did RCI do that and not get rid of the water at the same time?

It is even more offensive when they have the attitude that they are doing you a favor by refunding what they had no business charging for in the first place.:rolleyes:

We probably talked to the same person. They make it seem like WE'RE pulling a scam on THEM.