Which Cruise Lines do JUST Hawaii?

deanakay83

I'm interested in doing a Hawaiian cruise, but just am not sure about a bunch of sea days to get there from the mainland.

Are there several ships that just go around the islands?

What would be the pros to doing the longer trip with lots of sea days?

This topic is discussed here regularly.

NCL has a ship assigned to just do the Hawaiian Island, the Pride of America. This gives you more time in and around the islands. Due to certain laws, this is the only ship that sails only within the Hawaiian Islands.

As commonly discussed here, if you like sea days, or perhaps don't like flying greater distances, taking a cruise from the West Coast is a plus.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We live in Honolulu and had never heard of Un-Cruise. https://www.un-cruise.com/destinations/hawaiian-islands-cruises

For 7 days they only go from Molokai to the Big Island (and reverse). You would have to fly into Honolulu (probably) and take smaller plane to Molokai. Only 36 passengers. Different kind of cruise from NCL Pride of America. Nothing wrong with that. Just different.

We just did PoA last month and had a wonderful time.

Pete

I'm interested in doing a Hawaiian cruise, but just am not sure about a bunch of sea days to get there from the mainland.

Are there several ships that just go around the islands?

What would be the pros to doing the longer trip with lots of sea days?

The pros weigh heavily in favor of the POA inter island cruise, IMO, especially if you do not have unlimited vacation time. This offers the maximum number of days in the islands, with overnights in Maui and Kauai and two port days on the big island of Hawaii. If we want a longer vacation, we can always fly in early or add several days after the cruise returns on one of the islands. Would much rather spend my time seeing Hawaii vs several days at sea.

We've done the RT from LA to Hawaii three times on Princess. We live about an hour's drive from San Pedro so there's no flights (a major plus for me as I hate flying). We get on board on a great ship and fantastic cruise line. The Princess ships that go to Hawaii have a great cultural program featuring cultural ambassadors such as Elua (a duo) who perform beautiful Hawaiian music as well as help plan the activities.

My hubby and I have also been to Hawaii on land vacations twice. If it's a matter of maximizing the time in Hawaii, I would prefer to select an island or two and stay there. But don't discount the RTs for getting a taste of the various islands.

My parents have done a HAL round trip to Hawaii from San Diego twice and will probably do a third this year. We used to live in HI and my mother's family has a very long history in the islands so the shore time wasn't a big deal, it was the journey they liked.

It just depends on how much time you have and what interests you.

I don't like lots of sea days...maybe I relax enough in my everyday life...but I find them a bit boring.

If you've never been to Hawaii...do a land-based vacation....you simply don't get enough time in each island on a cruise trip....too much to do there to be limited by port times!

• 2 weeks later...