Hotels near midtown NYC port?

lettienets

Hotels in Manhattan can be expensive. It would be helpful to know exactly when you need the hotel room, how many people are in your party, and what your plans are for your stay in NY. Will you be sightseeing for a couple of days or are you just looking for a place to stay for one night before your cruise? How are you traveling to NY...driving, flying, taking a bus or train?

Manhattan isn't that large, so there's no need to stay right near the cruise terminal. There are many good areas that are just a short taxi ride away, and you might save a good hunk of change by staying a little further from the port.

Hotels in Manhattan can be expensive. It would be helpful to know exactly when you need the hotel room, how many people are in your party, and what your plans are for your stay in NY. Will you be sightseeing for a couple of days or are you just looking for a place to stay for one night before your cruise? How are you traveling to NY...driving, flying, taking a bus or train?

Manhattan isn't that large, so there's no need to stay right near the cruise terminal. There are many good areas that are just a short taxi ride away, and you might save a good hunk of change by staying a little further from the port.

I agree with you, njhorseman . And yes, too many unanswered questions.

For the NCL Breakaway, WE will be staying at the Washington Square Hotel http://www.washingtonsquarehotel.com/ ; a personal preference.

It's in a neighborhood we like, and two blocks from The Blue Note http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/index.shtml.

$326. for a deluxe room with a view.

I agree with you, njhorseman . And yes, too many unanswered questions.

For the NCL Breakaway, WE will be staying at the Washington Square Hotel http://www.washingtonsquarehotel.com/ ; a personal preference.

It's in a neighborhood we like, and two blocks from The Blue Note http://www.bluenote.net/newyork/index.shtml.

$326. for a deluxe room with a view.

The Op wants midtown West. The hotel you are staying at is in Greenwich Village, don't want to confuse the OP. OP try Hotwire for your dates

The Op wants midtown West. The hotel you are staying at is in Greenwich Village, don't want to confuse the OP. OP try Hotwire for your dates

Yes, a "reasonably priced" west side midtown hotel; I saw that.

OP, I wish you the best luck.

Any ideas for a reasonably priced hotel on the west side midtown. No too many reasonably priced hotels. I guess reasonable in NY is $250+

Hi,

Are you driving from Ontario ? I am from Montreal and always drive to NYC.

IMHO the best hotel near the port is the Travel Inn on 42nd. It is located between Times Square and the Manhattan Cruise terminal.

It includes parking for the night you are staying there, it is clean, good front desk, some rooms are better than others but never had a bad room. I stayed there on many occasion and can recommend it as a good 3 or 3,5 stars.

Usually the price is very good and the location is great for that price range.

Have fun !

I think this is the one you can see from the pier...never stayed there but it seems to get decent reviews and it not too expensive....of course, depends when you're going

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york-new_york-NY464

This is indeed the one you can see from the pier, and I've stayed there. It's decent enough. The rooms are SMALL, and you're paying for the location, but it honestly can't be beat for convenience sake.

The night prior to the cruise we walked to Times Square, and then up early the next morning and walked to the ship. No hassle no struggle

This is indeed the one you can see from the pier, and I've stayed there. It's decent enough. The rooms are SMALL, and you're paying for the location, but it honestly can't be beat for convenience sake.

The night prior to the cruise we walked to Times Square, and then up early the next morning and walked to the ship. No hassle no struggle

That Comfort Inn is on W 44th St.

The one that's a stone's throw from the pier is on West 48th St : http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_york-new_york-NY548

Edited by njhorseman

Yes, the Comfort Inn , located in Hell’s Kitchen has pretty good rates.

OP, any more thoughts on this thread ?

Edited by $hip$hape

Don't hold your breath. According to recent posts, the OP is not actually booked on a specific cruise out of NYC yet - just looking for recommendations.

We can suggest names, but the reality is that there are a zillion hotels and their prices can vary dramatically based on time of year, day of the week, and existing demand. There are always deals - you just have to have good timing to find them.

Don't hold your breath. According to recent posts, the OP is not actually booked on a specific cruise out of NYC yet - just looking for recommendations.

We can suggest names, but the reality is that there are a zillion hotels and their prices can vary dramatically based on time of year, day of the week, and existing demand. There are always deals - you just have to have good timing to find them.

So true!

Enough said.:)

• 2 months later...

I am reviving this thread in hopes that more people can offer some suggestions. I am over a year away from my cruise, but like to start gathering info early.

I will be flying in the day before, and spending one night, no plan on sightseeing. I am considering whether it is better to stay at an airport hotel LGA or EWR, and then to cab it to the pier, or to stay closer to the pier in the city. So far, I am seeing the Comfort Inn, and the Travel Inn as recommendations close to the pier. Any more? thanks for any info.

Edited by SMSACE6

I am reviving this thread in hopes that more people can offer some suggestions. I am over a year away from my cruise, but like to start gathering info early.

I will be flying in the day before, and spending one night, no plan on sightseeing. I am considering whether it is better to stay at an airport hotel LGA or EWR, and then to cab it to the pier, or to stay closer to the pier in the city. So far, I am seeing the Comfort Inn, and the Travel Inn as recommendations close to the pier. Any more? thanks for any info.

If you want to save money, it is usually cheaper to stay at an airport hotel than to stay in Manhattan. Also carfare from LGA is going to be less expensive than carfare from EWR. So to give yourself a "ballpark" figure why don't you price the Long Island City Holiday Express vs. the Travel Inn or the Comfort Inn for the same exact date. Then you can see if you are willing to pay for the convenience of Manhattan.

Thanks for the tips. Im going to check out Hol Inn Long Island City. Is Long Island city about same distance from the pier as Laguardia airport hotels? Appreciate the tips.

Ok, found it, and see where it is. Thanks again.

Edited by SMSACE6

Thanks for the info. I have decided to stay at an airport hotel, and either cab it on cruise day to the port, or take Carnival's airport transfer. But still would love to spend a few days in NYC post cruise, so appreciate all suggestions and advice. Thanks again.:)